May Community Q&A open for questions!

Options

Comments

• Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Question:
    What type of issues do team-ups cause when designing new characters?
    It seems like several moves do not fuction well as a team up (rags blue for example). It seems that while team ups might look good on paper, they cause more trouble than they are worth.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I take the opportunity to ask again one of my question in the last January Q&A, hope it's OK

Question : Would you consider implementing some 'cosmetic' alliance enhancements like an alliance headquarter (with different possible appearance) including I don't know a trophy room to remember the successes of the alliance.
    In our alliance we are quite casual but we are proud to exist since the first day of the alliances. It could be nice if our member had, I don't know,at least a coat of arms of the alliance that will be visible in PvP screen icon_e_biggrin.gif
    yellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.pngyellowtile.png

whitecrit.png FYI some forum archives and tribute to Riggy but many other have suggested cool ideas on this topic:
    November 21014 Community's Q&A:
    http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18048&p=238908&hilit=headquarter#p238908
    Riggy wrote:
    1.Any intention to bring back missing features of earlier installments of the Puzzle Quest franchise e.g. lair/headquarter, crafting, and followers?
    And, still from Riggy, awesome suggestion for headquarters development icon_e_wink.gif ... in February 2014!
    http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2329#p60809
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How about bringing hp back for selling 3/4 stars? Im pretty sure it will never happen now but one way or another we have earned those covers.or at least give us more iso for 3/4 stars?
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:
    Will you implement scrollable leaderboards?

They adressed that question in a previous Q&A.
    skip to 14:25
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6FSezFt5as

Thanks, before my time then.
    It looks like they have kind of acknowledged a need but their servers won't cope in addition to the increased data transfers/costs for both parties.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will u ever get rid of the rule that when u are really high u can be seen by every1? Gettin to 1000 in pvp is hit or miss for me now so I won't be spending my hp on various shields anymore and seein as your business model is mainly on hp it seems counter-productive.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Why were the TUs changed so that facing lvl 300 Jugg and Venom only gives us a lvl 40 TU, and any chance it will be changed back? If not an equal level of the opponent that was defeated, then maybe 75% (or even 50%) ? Like if I beat a lvl 300 Juggs, I get a lvl 225 (or even 150) TU ?
    officially they said players were farming them, driving up community scaling, removing over levels TUs would lead to slower community scaling. icon_rolleyes.gif

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=26066&hilit=team+up&start=20#p321177
    There were some questions earlier in the thread about why we're doing this.

In a few cases, those Giant-Size Super-villain Team-Ups were causing balance issues (including allowing people to get through fights much more easily than you'd expect from their team, and encouraging people to farm repeatable missions for high-level Team-Ups, both of which create more of those 300+ enemies for more players).

We knew we needed to take them out (for the health of Story events and the balance of the game more generally), but when we can (and we can't always), we like to replace something we're removing with a positive addition. In this case we were planning systems that made Team-Ups significantly stronger for most players, so we decided to make those changes at the same time.

Now you're getting much better Team-Ups from your alliance mates, both by scaling their level up to your team and by taking away the penalty for sending your best characters.

Thank you for the explanation. I must have missed it. icon_e_wink.gif But it brings up another question....

If players farming 300+ nodes for TU made it more difficult for others, then doesn't that suggest that it was not so much the 300+ TU that was broken, but that community scaling was the real problem? And why is there even community scaling?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'd like to re-emphasize a question everyone here's wondering: any plans to lock down roster prices at something more sensible in the 500-900 HP range instead of letting them spiral out of control? Realistically, asking players to either play the game for a month or shell out $20-50 for single roster slots isn't reasonable.

In addition, I'd like to ask a few questions of my own (forgive me if others have posted these):

The game seems to be oriented around encouraging health pack use, so I'd like to know a few things in regard to that. Does health pack use affect match difficulty (it seems to)? Specifically it seems to make the game easier when you use them, and tougher if you've managed to go a while without using what it considers enough (to the tune that the A.I. seems to start outright cheating beyond what should be randomly possible). Can you confirm why this happens and what the rationale is for forcing players to use health packs?

On a related note, I'd like confirmation of whether or not there are event triggers within matches that decide whether or not to provide hostile cascades to the A.I., which go beyond simply being random, and more-so targeted (i.e. cascades that target your special tiles and / or provide them with an overflow of AP in their strong colors). I've noticed this especially of late, and would like a) confirmation of whether or not they exist, b) what conditions prompt them, and c) what the rationale is for allowing the A.I. to effectively cheat, if not to force a player into using health packs after playing what the game considers too well?

I've been playing somewhat casually since I returned at the start of the year, putting moderate effort into selected PvP's rather than pushing hard every event, and doing decently well. This season has just been a nightmare with death brackets and nasty MMR, so much so that I've effectively stopped playing PvP entirely, so I have some additional questions about bracketing and token draws:

What effect does making purchases, either with earned or bought HP have on match difficulty, bracketing, and token odds (and is there a difference between the two)?

Does time played or time logged in have any bearing on bracketing or token draw odds, and if so, what effect specifically?

Does placement in PvE events have any bearing on PvP bracketing or token draws, and if so, what?

Does being in an alliance have any impact on PvE / PvP bracketing or token draws, and if so, what?

Do seasons rankings affect PvP bracketing or MMR at all, and if so how and how much? Is the effect cumulative or only for the next season?

Are there any plans to fix PvP so players aren't punished for leveling up their heroes and establishing a stronger roster? After the ISO cost reduction, I leveled more heroes to 166 or nearby, and have since found PvP to be all but unplayable due to death brackets, the health buff nerf, and steeper MMR that makes it harder to climb. Can you comment on your plans in this regard, for how you plan to make PvP fun again for players with decent rosters, who would like to play the game at less than a borderline part-time or full-time job?

If I think of any other questions I'll post them separately. Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Looks like all the big questions are covered already, ones that have been asked over and over for a looooooong time. Let's hope the big ones get a satisfactory answer.

Anyway, my question is regarding the Dark Reign PVE : Are there any plans to re-run, change or remove this?

Its quite easy for new players to blast through this and its just wasted real estate once each mode is drained of rewards. I know people like to use to heal up some characters, but otherwise it's just there as a "nothing" gathering dust. Or for the sadistic amongst the community who want to farm 20 ISO over and over. I'm only a day 328 player, and Dark Reign PvEwas there when I started. Guessing it's been there since very day one.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In previous discussions, the devs have stated they wanted the game to be "more causal." Do you think with events like Ultron, the PVP, and PVE changes, you have accomplished this goal?

Thanks,

James
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just realized perhaps the most obvious question for me has been one so simple yet prominent that I somehow didn't think to ask it until this morning.

What is your overall philosophy with regard to development team-to-player base communication?

I ask this because I often notice people in the forum getting pretty agitated when you guys don't respond to emergent concerns, and I'm admittedly not even sure if you're interested in dyadic/one-to-one communication. Please bear in mind that this is not a passive-aggressive comment, rather an honest assertive question. I really don't know, and I want to.

Back in the early days of contemporary console gaming, I wouldn't have assumed that the folks at RockStar were interested in knowing that their "drive the rickety van through gangland" mission was causing me fits. With the advent of mobile gaming, it's come to the point that I have non-paid working relationships with multiple development teams, beta-testing for many, fine-tuning rewards structures for some, discussing the implementation of specific elements of gameplay (mostly via email) with others, etc. It's not my job, and it can be pretty fun and satisfying.

Bearing all that in mind, I honestly don't know if you guys even want us communicating more-or-less directly with you via the forum. If you're expecting something else, that's totally cool, it would just be good to know that we're not expecting responses, and that when they do come, they're more just chance occurrences.

So yeah,

What is your overall philosophy with regard to development team to player base communication?

DBC
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have a question on this page yet. It has been asked why the standard tokens have no draw rates and it inspired this one.

I maintain the DDQ draw prediction/rates in part to look when that next cover is coming, and in part so people know what their tokens are drawing. This has been a very common question in the forums, and could easily be fixed.

I'm not sure if this is an issue for other stockpiled tokens as well? Since other tokens have a chance to open anybody, I use them as soon as I get them.

Question: Why do the stockpiled tacos not have the "?" symbol, which explain their draw percentages/chances?
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

I'm not sure if this is an issue for other stockpiled tokens as well? Since other tokens have a chance to open anybody, I use them as soon as I get them.

Post event tokens never have "?". I guess to minimize traffic? Is there any traffic, when you click on the "?"?
    I don't know.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Have you thought about revamping the current PvP scoring system?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    You've lost a lot of paying customers by nerfing Thor and Xforce. It was generally agreed that they could do with some balancing, but instead of balancing, you gutted them both. Two questions:

-Why do you consistently over-nerf when you nerf characters? Why not make small incremental changes and adjust further as necessary? By destroying characters, you invalidate the time/effort/money that people spend on them.

-Charge tiles were supposedly not being valued appropriately initially. How could you miss the mark so completely in valuing them that an ability with a 4 turn stun and 12 charge tiles becomes a 3 turn stun and 5 charge tiles? That's 42% as many charge tiles.

A personal addendum: If you had changed Thor's Blue to make 8 charged tiles instead of 5 and had changed Xforce's Green from doing roughly 4200 total damage + cascade to 3000 total damage +cascade instead of 1900 damage +cascade, you would still have me as a customer.

Your consistent inability to balance a powerful character without destroying it has ruined my faith in your ability to balance the game. Your application of this method to 4* characters that cost hundreds of hours and hundreds of dollars has lost my support.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you considered giving away a free roster slot with each alternate new character release?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With regards to the recent health changes, combined with outrageous PvE scaling and MMR in PvP being equally abnormal is it your intention to segregate players into those who play PvE or PvP? I ask as it is nigh on impossible to be competitive in both as characters are needing health packs after virtually every battle.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Post event tokens never have "?". I guess to minimize traffic? Is there any traffic, when you click on the "?"?
    I don't know.

Take a gander here. :]
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Question: Can I give forum warnings to users posting completely off-topic responses (as in not responses to other user's questions) in official threads? icon_lol.gif
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Question: Where's HiFi? He usually does the QnA honors!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question: Can I give forum warnings to users posting completely off-topic responses (as in not responses to other user's questions) in official threads? icon_lol.gif

My cat just did something really cute.
This discussion has been closed.