May Community Q&A open for questions!

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would it be possible to change DPD to a "choose your color cover reward for this featured character" as opposed to "this is the cover you get".? Many of us have only 1 color on a character maxed, and end up selling covers (example, my R&G is 0/1/5) had to sell the blue from DPD recently, and sold a few others from tokens as well. This would help transitioners and much of the player base quite a bit.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question 10:

Given that Friday has effectively become the beginning of the MPQ 'work week,' can you talk a little about any improvements you may/may not have implemented to support issues/challenges during the weekends (and holidays for that matter)?
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We've seen a lot of characters get released over the last few months. (Thank you for the current break!) This character explosion has diluted token odds quite a bit and getting any single cover is down to the single digits out of 1000. Completely covering a character has become nigh-impossible and frustrating.

Have you or are you considering other options to keep your end-users interested? (Ie, is the token system still considered the healthiest option for MPQ?)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why so long between Q&As?

Not really a question for the Q&A, but more on the way the result is presented: Can we please have a transcript as well as the video?
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think I'm safe in saying that as you progress to being a vet, the difficulty either stays the same or gets harder. Whether that is reality or perception shouldn't matter since either is an issue.

Is the goal to increase the difficulty as you progress in the game? And are there other mobile games you looked at as an example?
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Will we ever get our old mmr back or anything resembling it? I felt it was fair b4, , you hit the wall at whatever pts u should be making and only by smart shielding could u progress.now its basically marvel rock-paper-scissors where u can beat anyone and anyone can beat you.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it intentional thst Loki & Hood did not get their HP increase buff?

having them left out feels very disturbing.
    We want more butthurt fighting against final TAT node against Magneto and higherHP Hood!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question 9:

There are currently 39 3* characters (or so wiki tells me). The color breakdown:

yellowflag.png 20
    redflag.png 21
    blueflag.png 20
    purpleflag.png 14
    greenflag.png 21
    blackflag.png 21

Question Why do you hate the color purple?

Corollary: Do you hate The Color Purple?

They hated purple and maybe black in the early ages of the game. Now, it seems they are distributing more fairly. Probably they dont want to spam pink powers now to even thing out.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Q: Can we please get a "sell all X star covers" button?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh! That reminds me.
    Question: Can we get an "Open all X tokens" button?
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    Q: How much choice do you get on deciding what new characters get added compared to what Marvel is pushing? We will probably get Ant Man at some point, but what about more obscure characters that are popular but not in the Marvel movie universe instead?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Two questions. First:

Full disclosure: This idea was brought up by someone else in another thread (can someone remember who it was so I can edit in a credit? **), but it's stuck in my brain since, especially as my heroes are more regularly being downed by enemies with increased health and subsequently more time to gather AP and use special attacks. So, my first question:

Have you or will you ever consider splitting health packs into:

A.) the 5 regenerating HPs
    B.) HPs earned via Daily Supply, tokens, other assorted rewards, etc.

**Edit: It was Moon Roach!

DBC
  • Unknown
    Options
    Second:

Is there some reason we don't already have a "respec" button for characters in MPQ? I understand the obvious financial rationale, but that can't be the only reason, right?

It would be IMMENSELY fun and engaging to be able to respec and try different combinations without having to wait so long or pony up cash every time you want to do something as simple as dropping a blackflag.png in favor if wanting to try a strengthened redflag.png , and I would suspect that people would be more willing to spend if they had the freedom to undo possibly bad choices... so yeah,

Could we have a "respec" button for characters in MPQ?

DBC
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Not really a question for the Q&A, but more on the way the result is presented: Can we please have a transcript as well as the video?
    I support this. Remember that you also have some non english-speaker players and it's easier to translate a written transcription
    thanks!
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Are you going to Rebalance characters you over nerfed and are in dire need of a rework?
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Can you make a monthly poll where we vote on who gets reworked?
  • Puertorico
    Puertorico Posts: 50
    Options
    1. In deadpool daily a player needs the featured character in order to unlock the match for them to acquire a cover of the featured character. How does that help your new players grow?

2. When will Ultron or gorgon be released to us?

3. Hulkbuster is a great 4* character I'm glad I maxed him....when are you planning to nerf him?

4. A lot of new character have been released lately. Can we get a featured change on Lightning rounds? Maybe featuring quicksilver, scarlet witch, vision. Tired of seeing Loki, doom, mags.

5. Have you completely gotten rid of "buy-in" pvp events?

6. I watched x-force go from a newborn to a beast and now to a toddler. All the changes to him and have not seen "the best there is" pvp. Maybe bring it back in the off-season?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Options
    First, Thank you Kabir for bringing us a Q&A again. We felt that the forums were deserted by the red names recently, this Q&A could resume the dialogue, it's much appreciated! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I have already upvoted the questions I'm interested in (i.e. about 4* transition for 'non elite' players and roster slot mostly) so I won't repeat them.

My question: Could you share with us your vision for this game?

I mean the recent changes to mmr, character abilities, health, token pulls odds, 2* essentials... might have sometimes slightly (<cough cough>) upset these forums but we can all see that the changes seem to follow a logic - longer fights, more damaging, lower score - and finally they favor a certain style of play, a certain kind of player.
    Care to share what style of play we are expected to adopt?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is the reasoning behind community scaling in PvE? Just because some may beat a node easily it is kind of disheartening to see 6 or 9 team members get wiped and then the enemy levels jump while you await recovery.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been lots of questions about how to progress with so many covers, how hard MMR is, how to get the initial covers. Perhaps by getting more covers out in each event, through a deeper reward structure?

At the very least, there seems to be many more alliances out there than previously - and with everyone able to get into a 20 person alliance, it's harder than ever to get those rewards. Lots of alliance hopping could be avoided simply by increasing rewards a little.

Question: Has there been talk about increasing reward structures? Specifically at least doubling number of alliances that get one cover to T200, both for season and each event.
This discussion has been closed.