May Community Q&A open for questions!

Options

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What characters are planned on being reworked?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any plans on (partially) bringing back enviromental tiles? (as auto-equipped TU abilites for instance)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Could you make Historical versions of characters?

The current version of Moonstone could be made Historical, and then given as a gift to the three or so players that used her a lot.

There could be a Two Years of Changes Gauntlet event that had Current characters and Historical characters as opponents on two different tracks. Some nodes might be

1. Historical Loki (for 10 blacktile.png , change 20 tiles to purpletile.png ).
    2. Historical Rags (2 redtile.png attack + generate green) + Historical CStorm (massive damage + collect 6 redtile.png if team hurt)
    3. Historical Spidey (2 bluetile.png increasing stun)
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have you considered adding 4* characters to DDQ? Are there any plans to do so? If not, why not?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Would you consider modifying the shield daily resupply to allow players to catch up to those that started when the game was released? By the time new players start hitting day 365 and onward they will likely already have many of the 4*s and will always be behind the new releases.

I propose a second (and possibly third) 'catch up' reward each day for players not at the front of the line. Say after playing 10 matches per day, or after playing X "days in a row" (resets to 1x if you miss a day)
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm rephrasing an earlier question, because I want this part to be clear and alone:

Why don't we see more villains? Is the current ratio of heroes to villains (a little worse than 3:1) in line with what you want for the game?
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Players are adversely affected when character rebalancing is done. The current buyback structure forces players to eat a loss in terms of invested HP/ISO/time. Even the most generous buyback structure (within 30 days of release) provides no compensation for the covers earned in the highly-competitive initial PvE and PvP.

For significant character rebalances, have you considered allowing respecs or reallocation of all invested resources?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'd like to propose even further, there should be -NO- major reward after 400 days that aren't 4* rewards. There are so many 4* characters, by day 400 you've only received XF/IW/DD (getting into Fury there). So you are missing SL, HB, LT, PX, KP - that's 5 characters * 3 covers, one released every 15 days - 225 days worth of rewards. With one new 4* given out every month, the reward structure would never catch up (30 days of rewards = 2 covers, but 3 were released).

These rewards don't "hurt" the company - people can't buy 4* covers until they have the first, and it's really tough to get that first one (draw rates are miniscule). While I wrote up the question I thought - now there are so many more 3*, why not more 3* during early supplys as well? Same sort of thing - don't use these to finish transition, use them to -start- it.

Do you really expect any large percentage of the userbase to stay involved/interested for more than two years?

Question: Why aren't 3* rewards given out more quickly in first 365 days of supply rewards, and 4* rewards given out as the -only- major rewards after that point?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has Marvel blocked MPQ from putting characters related to the Fantastic Four film rights (primarily the Thing, Mr. Fantastic, and the Silver Surfer) in the game?
  • Unknown
    Options
    when will I get compensation for Combined Arms and Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Honestly, I'd just like a Response to Daveomite's Thoughts of Frustration from the HP Suck Guy thread please. Thanks!

EDIT: Note that Daveomite's post has very quickly received over 100 up votes and growing from the community and it eloquently expresses a good percentage of the player base's concerns, many of which are repeated in questions in some form so far. This is one example of a large uptick in up votes from a community member that deserves to have Dev/Mod feedback against in general (and not tied to a Q&A ask thread).
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has it always been part of the game's design to use a tier (star) system for heroes, or were other options considered (like every character has the same level cap)?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Will character stat previews be posted again on the forums?
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A seemingly common sentiment is that the devs are out of contact with the game and its players and even seem inhuman.

Question: Have you thought about ways to humanize yourselves? Maybe a "get to know your devs" bit that features individual members and things they like/don't like about the game (Fav characters/character combos, hardest enemy teams, terrible cascades, what they wish they could implement if given unlimited time/resources, etc.).
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aside from the implementation of the (thank you, baybee bejesus!) 8 hour refresh and DDQ, every change/addition lately has been to incentivize more play and longer sessions. Burnout is a serious issue for lots of players, vets and newcomers alike.

Question: What are you doing to address player burnout?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is there a time limit as to how long you can hold on to a cover you have not recruited? Expiring covers hurts many people who may just not be able to afford a roster slot, and are waiting until they can, or waiting to see if they want to re-spec a certain character they have extra covers for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is it possible to answer the questions, that won't make it into the video, in some kind of thread or right here?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,945 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, i just want to say thanks for bringing back the Q&A's. While admittedly the last one didn't go as well as many had hoped, i still think it benefits the MPQ community to hear your thoughts and insights on the issues the player base find most pressing or important.

Now to the issue at hand: i would ask if 3* Spider-man was being considered for an overhaul since once again he has been called one of the least fun characters in the game. (found here:http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29600)

But in light of recent comments made by Kabir that no 3* characters were currently under consideration for a rework (found here:http://www.d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29594#p356964) i have decided to forgo that question this round and rather try to identify which members of the dev team are secret members of the Buff Spidey Brigade.

So my question: Do you support a reworking of Spider-Man to make him "amazing"?

Obviously you (probably) cannot answer that question directly so let's come up with a sign system. During the next Q&A, anytime during the video please do the following to signal to me your position on a Spidey rework:

*touch your nose once: yes, I am a card carrying member of the Buff Spidey Brigade
    *scratch your head: I am not a member of the Buff Spidey Brigade but would not be opposed to a rework of the wall-crawler
    *loud cough: I am not a member of the Buff Spidey Brigade. I like the current Spidey and his magic temporary healing ability and will not support a rework.
    *touch your nose twice: I support a rework of his yellow power. Spidey needs to pack a punch!
    *touch your nose thrice: I support a total rework of all his powers. Let's make him truly amazing!
    *scratch your head and pull your ear: I am not a member of the Buff Spidey Brigade but am open to being bribed with pizza and/or tacos for my support
    *loud cough and a sneeze: The reason Spidey is depowered is because we are being funded by the Daily Bugle and it brings Mr. Jameson endless pleasure
    *Maniacal laugh: I'm actually Norman Osborn hahahahahahaha

I appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

Your friendly neighborhood fight4thedream゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2015
    Options
    What variables affect scaling/mmr? (Performance, Roster levels, Roster size, etc)
    Are scaling/mmr currently working as intended? (Ie, is this how we should expect gameplay to be for the foreseeable future?)

EDIT: I realize this question has been touched on previously. I wanted to address the question directly because both scaling & mmr are core to the game and central to the fun factor. I can think of no other variable more important to the health and longevity of the game.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question 9:

There are currently 39 3* characters (or so wiki tells me). The color breakdown:

yellowflag.png 20
    redflag.png 21
    blueflag.png 20
    purpleflag.png 14
    greenflag.png 21
    blackflag.png 21

Question Why do you hate the color purple?

Corollary: Do you hate The Color Purple?
This discussion has been closed.