May Community Q&A open for questions!

Options

Comments

• BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Q: Since 4* are no longer as powerful, are you going to address PVE scaling?
  • BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Q: Roster slot costs......
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has any thought been given to special bonuses based on team make-up.. for instance, if using both Heroes for Hire, you get a small bonus, or all avengers, or all x-men, or all villans, all 3 chars are the featured, all women, all have a purple ability so purple is extra boosted etc... This would make for some more roster diversity, and an additional fun component.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After the outbursts that are the XForce and 4hor nerfs, are there any plans to reassess your rebalancing strategies? Right now to me it seems like the team is encouraging people to use other characters by discouraging them from using the so-called overpowered characters through excessive nerfs. Rather than doing that, would it not appear to be better if players are encouraged to try lesser used characters by improving them and reducing the power gap between them and the overpowered ones? This allows players to continue using the strong characters when they choose to, and at the same time allows them to have an alternative when required, leading to what I believe would be greater roster diversity, which is what the development team apparently hopes to achieve.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Question: I upvoted the original pve scaling question; however, one specific item that bothers me: why does the game penalize a good game/lucky board? If I go into a node, particularly a goon-only node, and walk away unscathed, it jumps ALL my nodes up, usually immediately another 15-30 levels. However, if the same node wipes me with the same team, it stays the same?
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Question 1. Roster slots.
    I saw this days ago (and gave it my thumbs up), but for some reason it just hit me that I love how Grumpy put this. It resonates because there isn't a question mark and that's really where it has gotten to. It's no longer a question. It's a statement. After months of dodging the question and kind of half-hearted saying "DDQ is the answer," the player base still isn't satisfied. They still see it as a huge issue (that keeps growing).

Devs: don't dodge this one. Don't ignore it. Don't weasel about with a "well it's something we're still looking at" sort of answer. You must absolutely address this head-on, even if that means you tell the player base straight up that you like the costing on roster slots and they aren't changing. Leave nothing to interpretation with your response.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Roster slots prices & Windows Phone.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now that 4* characters are an essential in PvE events, are there any plans to make 4* characters a little easier to obtain via PvE?

Covers have follow this pattern: placement reward is the essential for the next event and is available as a progression award in that event. Previously, only 3* characters were the essential, but now 2* and 4* characters have been thrown into the mix. The 2* characters follow the previously established pattern, but the 4* character does not. Outside of random draws and daily resupply, the only way for a dedicated PvE player to obtain a 4* is to place 1st or 2nd overall or place in the top 50 when the character is released.

So yeah... how about some progression award love? Or maybe have 7-day events give 4* covers for the top 50 overall (similar to 4* releases)?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just tossing something out.. starting to see quite a few repeat questions now that we are on page 10.. i know it is a hassle, but if we go back and upvote the original questions, we have a better chance at getting them answered as opposed to asking them again!
  • DukeUpdate
    DukeUpdate Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know that very few people (if any) will read this far, but, someone mentioned earlier a subscription model and it sounded interesting.

Is $5/month for unlimited roster slots and a 25-50% ISO bonus a feasible model?

It would lock people into paying every month (or lose a number of their characters when the subscription ran out), thus creating a steady/predictable stream of income. a $50/year option would also boost revenues since many people would stop playing before the year was out.

Is some sort of subscription model something you are considering?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Roster slots.
    2. Also roster slots.
    3. Seriously, roster slots.
    4. Is there any solution coming for the fact that the 4* roster is expanding while it gets no easier to win 4* covers? Is this even something the dev team considers a problem in need of a solution? (ProTip: It is one, and it needs one.)
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lots of talk about the mega-alliances. I've seen a suggestion a couple of times that would maybe help this in the PVP arena (there are lots of other ways):

Question: Could we be shown point values only on PVP matches, rather than names?

Corollary required: Could we get alliance mates not in PVP queue?
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just wondering, has anyone asked about roster slots?

I'd really love some feedback on this issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Iron Fist came out in February. He has had a 4* recovery time when downed since then. This has been reported in the bug section multiple times. Can he please get fixed to 3* revive time?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the other hand, he also has a 4* healing rate, sooooooooooo maybe bump that down below the critical tile issue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sc0ville wrote:

at least 5 people, yes.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    sc0ville wrote:

at least 5 people, yes.

Should we perhaps go meta?
    Add a question whether they're taking the questions regarding roster slots seriously?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Can we please have a more efficient way to look through our un-rostered / un-recruited covers our queue? Currently, it slows down many phones (not sure about Steam users) and can take up to 5 minutes of scrolling from top to bottom.....that is, if it doesn't immediately jump to the bottom of the queue.....or crash the app, altogether.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    when is the ultron mode coming back. Make it into a daily thing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    when is the ultron mode coming back. Make it into a daily thing.

I would love to see like a three (four pushing it?) round Ultron every day for a 4*. That would be awesome. Shoot, a four or five round ultron once a week for a 4* would be about about four times as nice in helping with 4* progression, and about...infinite times as nice as non-competitive when Gauntlet isn't running I guess.

Lots of questions about non-competitive and 4* progression both, wrap up both in a nice bow.

Edit: whoops, this ended up on next page. I should ask a question. Since we are on Ultron, it was sort of an interesting way to prevent (?) alliance-hopping.

Question: Is the Ultron method (locked into alliance) being considered for other events? Are other alliance-hopping counter measures being considered?
This discussion has been closed.