May Community Q&A open for questions!

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Houtro wrote:
    Roster slots prices & Windows Phone.

Roster slot prices make you want to throw your phone through a window too?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    when is the ultron mode coming back. Make it into a daily thing.

I would love to see like a three (four pushing it?) round Ultron every day for a 4*. That would be awesome. Shoot, a four or five round ultron once a week for a 4* would be about about four times as nice in helping with 4* progression, and about...infinite times as nice as non-competitive when Gauntlet isn't running I guess.

Lots of questions about non-competitive and 4* progression both, wrap up both in a nice bow.

Edit: whoops, this ended up on next page. I should ask a question. Since we are on Ultron, it was sort of an interesting way to prevent (?) alliance-hopping.

Question: Is the Ultron method (locked into alliance) being considered for other events? Are other alliance-hopping counter measures being considered?

Being able to move alliances is essential for players that PVP with one group and PVE with another
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    11 pages later, I doubt this gets a look. Anyway.

Could you talk about what motivates new character development and release? Is it only Marvel's movie and or publication pushes that orients your release schedule?

Were Scarlet Witch, Ultron, Quicksilver, and Hulkbuster Marvel requirements? And do you expect similar release requirements for Civil War?

Do you have good character ideas for say, Thing or Mr Fantastic, but lack Marvel's blessing / backing to bring them to fruition?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Houtro wrote:
    Roster slots prices & Windows Phone.

Roster slot prices make you want to throw your phone through a window too?

A phone can cost less than a roster slot.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Question: Is the Ultron method (locked into alliance) being considered for other events? Are other alliance-hopping counter measures being considered?

Being able to move alliances is essential for players that PVP with one group and PVE with another[/quote]

Because they have never, ever made changes that make it harder on the playerbase icon_e_wink.gif

Jumping keeps the elite of the elite the opportunity to be best in both. Or the elite of the elite can all get together and run all events together; allowing the less elite choose one or the other and do a bit better.

I always hated looking for mercs (loyalty issues), I know some enjoy mercing themselves out for every event but that's a bunch of that "out of game communication" I thought the devs wanted to cut down on.

Also I should mention that I'd prefer the "extend alliance rewards" question I put out there on page two or three... icon_e_smile.gif
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When the game launched, and new characters were released, if you purchased a pack you were guaranteed at least one cover for the new/featured character. In the new model, I have purchased at least four 42 cover packs backed by four 10 packs (2 for Nick Fury, 2 for Professor X) and in both cases received none of the featured covers. I'm all for supporting the game, but "that ain't right," RNG be tinykitty'd. Can guaranteed covers be brought back? 1 for a ten, and 1 of each base cover for a 42, minimum? This would actually encourage further spending to level powers, instead of creating that terrible feeling of having wasted money.
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know that we cannot trade covers over FB, but would it be possible to institute a cover trade within an alliance? For example: I have a Human Torch (3), and my BFF only has 11 covers. I click "Offer to Level" (to avoid trolling and changing set rosters) and BFF gets a prompt, "LuciferianX has offered to increase Human Torch, Fireball! Accept?" Can this be instituted?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know that we cannot trade covers over FB, but would it be possible to institute a cover trade within an alliance? For example: I have a Human Torch (3), and my BFF only has 11 covers. I click "Offer to Level" (to avoid trolling and changing set rosters) and BFF gets a prompt, "LuciferianX has offered to increase Human Torch, Fireball! Accept?" Can this be instituted?

Adding something to this.

Can we offer a general Cover vault for Alliances? Extra covers can be put in there, alliance members can request it, requests need to be approved by Alliance Commanders.
  • Unknown
    Options
    As much as I want to ask about the roster slots, one of two things is going to happen on that:

1) Either it`s been asked enough that it will be addressed.
    2) Or you have no intention of addressing it regardless of how often it is asked.

My question will instead focus on the health packs. Health on most characters increased, and a cascade or a good board rewards AI far more than it does the player to the point where your A team or your essential can be knocked out of commission due to rotten luck.

Question: are there plans to look into health pack capacity or spawn rate to prolong play time?
  • Unknown
    Options
    When the recent health changes went out which buffed ALMOST all characters to a larger pool, a number of notable good characters were left unchanged (Patch, Daken, Hood are the main culprits that come to mind).

Is there any plan to increase the health on these characters? If not, can you address what about them specifically causes them to incur such a large penalty to their health pool?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is there was a way to consolidate the questions repeatedly asked by multiple posters with each having less than 25 upvotes?

We've got about 10 different "health pack" questions alone in this thread, and I'd really like to get an answer on that... icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Would it be possible to make an area for private alliance forums? In-game chat is a little buggy, and it would be nice if we had a private place to co-ordinate.
  • Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    [*]Please post each question separately, so forumgoers can upvote the questions they want answered most.

Sarcastic Question: Will questions with the most upvotes be answered, rather than questions that are deemed "fun"?

Jumping the gun to answer this one before the video.

We'll use the number of upvotes as an indicator of what this group of players is most interested in, and we want to put together a Q&A that's interesting to you and answer the questions that are most important to you, but no, it's not a ballot.

In a typical Q&A thread, some posts with a bunch of upvotes aren't questions, aren't something we can answer for miscellaneous reasons (maybe they touch on contractual issues or trade secrets), aren't answerable in the time we have in the video, or relate to something we're announcing later.

Answering a lot of questions of the form "have you considered X", and "when is X coming" tends to make a boring Q&A, because the answers always boil down to "yes" and "we don't announce dates for things until we know them for certain". Feature requests are similar.

And we want to balance questions that are interesting to highly competitive players with questions that are interesting to a wider audience.

Those factors explain why the top-voted questions and the ones that we answer sometimes differ.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    the first one we get answered seriously is the sarcastic one. Oddly enough, it was the right question to ask, and the right one to get an answer here!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    the first one we get answered seriously is the sarcastic one. Oddly enough, it was the right question to ask, and the right one to get an answer here!

Well, it means they didn't have to waste video time on it. icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks for the details Will!
  • bknfoodie
    bknfoodie Posts: 53
    Options
    Can we go back to the old MMR?, which was fairer to all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    [*]Please post each question separately, so forumgoers can upvote the questions they want answered most.

Sarcastic Question: Will questions with the most upvotes be answered, rather than questions that are deemed "fun"?

We'll use the number of upvotes as an indicator of what this group of players is most interested in, and we want to put together a Q&A that's interesting to you and answer the questions that are most important to you, but no, it's not a ballot.

In a typical Q&A thread, some posts with a bunch of upvotes aren't questions, aren't something we can answer for miscellaneous reasons (maybe they touch on contractual issues or trade secrets), aren't answerable in the time we have in the video, or relate to something we're announcing later.

Answering a lot of questions of the form "have you considered X", and "when is X coming" tends to make a boring Q&A, because the answers always boil down to "yes" and "we don't announce dates for things until we know them for certain". Feature requests are similar.

And we want to balance questions that are interesting to highly competitive players with questions that are interesting to a wider audience.

Those factors explain why the top-voted questions and the ones that we answer sometimes differ.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but it doesn't seem like any of that should apply to being able to answer the biggest questions people have, so please consider answering them. Thanks for responding to people's concerns, and thanks for reading what people say!
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Will,

There is a big difference to specifically answering the question and giving us some insight into whether you agree it is an issue which deserves attention or not.

For example Roster Slots,
    Your answer could go like this.
    We understand that the costs of Roster Slots are climbing rapidly for those of you who have over 50 characters. We believe the costs at the beginning phase are at the right place. We designed the game thinking there wouldn't be a "gotta have them all" mentality among many. That turns out to not be entirely true. This is one of those issues where we believe the balance is exactly right for the great majority of the players. We have had a lot of discussion about whether there should be some alteration to roster slot costs and for now it is still ongoing. Please remember the answer we come to might be to do nothing if we think that is the correct answer for the overall health of the game from slot 1-100.

That is an answer that tells us how you see Roster Slots globally and how you see them specifically and lets those of us at the top end understand the priority you are placing on it.
    Nowhere in there is a definitive solution or timeline. Nowhere in there is a promise.
    If you would just communicate to us what you as developers think is important without having to go into the nuts and bolts I think you would greatly diffuse much of the frustration around here lately.
    I think if you let the players know a little more about your vision on how you're going to develop the game it would improve much of the issues.
    Just my $.02 and not a question for upvoting. My question is known and has been ignored by the development team so I won't bother anymore.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Are you looking at overhaulling the Chat interface at all?

The existing chat interface has a number of issues.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Do the characters used during the Ultron Event have an affect on other PvE scaling?
This discussion has been closed.