Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This week I remembered why I love this game.

It's the Marvel license. I love Marvel superheroes, I always have. Every time I sit down to play a little Marvel Puzzle Quest I feel like I'm 9 years old again, reading the original Secret Wars with complete and utter fascination. It's the characters - Marvel superheroes trump all other superheroes. I couldn't care less about one character over at DC, Image, Dark Horse, or any other place. Make mine Marvel, as they used to say.

The other day I was playing the Riri loaner in PVE and she shot her fist at a ninja and put him down. I laughed and said, "Oh cool, she can shoot her fist at people; totally an Iron Man armor thing to do." I don't care if she's top tier or bottom tier or whatever... she just shot her fist at a ninja! Riri is a cool character and she has a build that is a great counter against certain teams (I wish I had her champed for Venom Bomb!).

I recently champed Invisible Woman and took her into a fight in Storm's PVP. I got walloped by the opponent's Storm who cast her black on me a couple of times and decimated my team, but Sue Storm cast invisibility and hung in there. The board was against me, so all I could do was match damage, but the AI just couldn't get rid of Sue's invisibility tile. It kept hitting me with cascade after cascade, power after power... Storm's black filled the board and would have killed me 20x over... but that Invisibility tile just hung in there. I won that match, a match I had no business winning, because the Invisible Woman was invisible, and that's so cool. They say she's not 'top tier' but Sue has been top tier in my book since I was a little kid reading re-prints of John Byrne's Fantastic Four run. She proved me right in that fight.

I get tired of reading all the complaints in these forums, justified or not. I love this game, I love its characters, and I've grown to appreciate this particular thread. The positive side. The fun side of this game. I hope this thread has another 200 pages before it dies.

Keep your positive stories coming, everyone.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Somehow managed to eke out 10th place in Hearts of Darkness, getting a sorely needed icon_warmachine.pngblueflag.png . I'd been running on the knife edge the whole event, dipping in and out of T10. Then I ended up getting my butt handed to me on both of the non-essential wave missions in the final sub on the 5th play through. I figured for sure that had sealed my fate, as I didn't get the full amount of points, which would probably result in me getting bumped from 10th place. But apparently it was good enough to hold on. I'll take it!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat Doom in the Mr. Fantastic Crash, got a drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png from the Legendary, remembered to remove the boosts before running The Big Enchilada, AND somehow managed to win TBE despite bringing along a character I hadn't meant to.

Everything's coming up Milhouse.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    token_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png to take him to a nice even 3/3/3
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am officially (if temporarily) out of Iso debt.

I sold off a maxed 2* and had enough Iso to take everyone to their cover maxes.

This is a good feeling.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    3* Thanos and Winter Soldier covers (both usable!) from the season Heroic 10-pack.

Wound up with a couple IM40 covers as well, one from the 10-pack, the other a champion reward chain after the Hawkeye cover from the 10-pack pushed him past the line for another IM40 cover.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got my 10-pack and my Carol cover in the same match, with one health pack to spare.

Phew.

Now I can go back to not caring about PvP, and anyone who hits me can feel safe in the knowledge that I won't hit back.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got a much sought-after icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png cover from a Venom Bomb token. Now I only need another purple cover to champion him (5/2/5)!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne wrote:
    Got my 10-pack and my Carol cover in the same match, with one health pack to spare.

Phew.

Now I can go back to not caring about PvP, and anyone who hits me can feel safe in the knowledge that I won't hit back.

I had to shield up yesterday. I made it to 1985 with relatively few issues. Was playing a match worth 25 or so points that should have put me over the top. Came out to find I had lost 80 some points. I think I played one more match to get to 1953 and decided to shield up.

Thankfully, I was able to play two matches and get above 2K and get my Carol cover as well today. Your final paragraph could not be more accurate.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On Saturday night, I finally pulled my first icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png cover, bringing him to 1/1/2.

Then yesterday, I finally pulled a Phoenix icon_jeangrey.pngpurpleflag.png, bringing her to 2/1/4. Only took over a year to get each of their covers and I'm a fairly active player.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing the assorted Carnage and Sentry nodes in Venom Bomb, and it's like, you guys think you know self team damage? I shall show you how it is done....

Behold! champed 3hanos, with his cronies OML & Daken. This is how you do it Carnage!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Newly champed Prof-X, and currently boosted with 3* Magneto and Gamora, wins a PvP match on turn 1.
    A match-5 started it off, the damage plus PX's big-head knocks out IM40.
    The resulting crit enables another match-5 (in blue), cutting the opposing Magneto in half.
    Now have 10+ blue AP so Magnetized Projectiles downs the enemy.
    The rearranged red and blue sets up yet another match-5, in red, and GWBW goes down.
    They didn't get to take 1 move, ha.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had myself a little No-Pull January, so when February rolled around, I cashed out part of my hoard. It was kind of depressing! 2/24, with one unusable 6th :where is the banner icon purpleflag.png .

I cracked open a few more here and there with the rollover champ reward cp and LTs, pvp and pve progression cp and the Crash LT, got more assorted stuff like Mr Fantastic, Elektra and a Flaptain giving me another Flaptain via champ LT.

Today, feeling a little stressed at work, I pulled a few more and got a icon_greengoblin.pngpurpleflag.png - bringing Norman to 13 covers. Omg. Had no iso to champ him, so that put my classics in the freezer.

Got more stressed at work, started popping my Latests like it was going out of fashion, and pulled icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png and my first drstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png. All well and good, but hey BW is leaving latests and assuming CS swaps that 6th purple for me, I will have 11 covers on her... I kept pulling.

Got another icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.pngdrstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png and finally another icon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png and stopped.

And that's how I found myself with 2 newly 13-cover 5*s in one day.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Pulled three "Hail to the King" tokens with my CP stash.

Got a needed icon_thor.pngredflag.png to bring her to 13 covers.

Also pulled a icon_blackpanther.pngredflag.png and blackflag.png .

Couldn't have scripted that any better.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finished 32nd in my first SCL8 PVE event and got the covers I needed to champ Squirrel Girl icon_e_smile.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two moments will fit this topic today:

1. I was truly depressed as I got a useless purple cover for my 4/3/5 Howard in "Webbed Wonder". Today I´ve decided to pull my last three token from the "Webbed Wonder" vault. On my very last try I pulled howard_icon.pngblueflag.png.

2. I joined "Fly-Flight-Win" yesterday, climbed to 1.000 points and called it a day. After the event has ended today, the game shows me that my score was enough for a Top 5 placement (the first time for me in CL7) which means that I got another howard_icon.pngblueflag.png.

Sometimes I´m really loving this game! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Howard went from 0/1/1 to 1/2/2 this week. First pulled the Green from the vault with my first token. Then got another from progression in Webbed Wonder, and then the random color cover gave me one of the last color.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Customer Service came through for me in the best way and much faster than expected.

I accidentally sold a Fury cover I was going to feed to him once I could champ him - restored!

I requested a cover swap for my token_legendary.pngicon_blackwidow.png - they agreed, and also noticed the extra cover I pulled after my initial request. So both are going to be exchanged and I didn't even have to open a new ticket for the 2nd one!
  • Staals
    Staals Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I'm in London with my girlfriend for the weekend. Just sat down in the Underground next to some guy, when I noticed him playing the Civil War mpq event. How's that for ya?! I think it's the first time I ran in to someone playing mpq in the wild.
  • supbullcoc
    supbullcoc Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    been hoarding commandpoints.png so i can get my 13th logan cover. well now i wanted a panther. sitting on 300 CP i take a shot at getting on. 1st pull was a panther cover. how awesome is that? so i try again, pulled a 2nd panther cover! are you kidding me. pulled a couple more and my 5th pull? ANOTHER panther cover!

of course i spent the rest of my hoard and with a total of 12 pulls i got 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_blackpanther.png