Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was the first one in my bracket to finish the initial four clears on Orb of Agomotto. First time that's ever happened.

But here's the real best part: Almost two weeks ago when Civil War started, I had (I think) about 46 LTs and nearly 1300 CP. I decided then was as good a time as any to cash all of it in.

I ended up walking away with a 3/2/2 5* Black Panther and some decent progress for my 4*tier. The issue when I started pulling though was that I was still lacking three 4*s: Star-Lord, Iceman and Miles Morales. More importantly, I lacked the HP to roster all of them in case I pulled them. I decided though that I could probably come up with the roughly 2500 HP I would need before the covers expired.

So of course I pull one cover for each of them. Now the race was on. Things were looking promising, that I would hit that HP target at a reasonable date.

Then they released Mordo. Now I had to get another 1K HP to roster everyone in time. Suddenly that seemed less likely.

But with a full day to go before the covers expired, I crossed into the safe zone. I now have every single 4 *and 3* rostered! And only two 3*s left to champ.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled my 2nd Mordo from the Watoomb token at the end of that sub. Going to have at least four covers for a new release for the first time ever.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was playing my least favorite DDQ node, "Third Time's the Charm," and I had two enemies left at near full-health each. I believe I just made a simple match, which triggered a second match, and as this was happening I looked away from my phone as I was making breakfast and didn't want to overcook my eggs. When I looked back at my phone I found that I was back on the main DDQ screen and the "Third Time's the Charm" node had a red checkmark. Apparently some sequence of events lead to the annihilation of the enemy team. I wish there was a replay option!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A champion reward + today's little bonus took my 4* Cyclops from 0/3/5 to 2/3/5, moving out of the annoyingly useless category and solidly into "meh" icon_lol.gif
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cleared this round's clash. Opened the LT

My 13th peggy cover!! Woohoo!! Gonna be abandoning my moon knight leveling plan for her for the time being
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    From my bevy of Strange Sights tokens I pulled one of the random 4*s: Professor X blue, the only color of his I didn't have.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From the Alliance reward Strange Sights tokens, I got the mordo_icon.PNGblackflag.png cover from the vault. That means that I now have at least one cover in each color, and also that I have gotten Three of the four fourstar rewards in there - aside from Mordo I also got token_legendary.png and icon_warmachine.pngblueflag.png. Not bad at all. I don't Think I need to spend any more HP on the Strange Sights vaults, so I guess I can spend some on the PvP Matchmaking vault instead if I want. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't often go for the max progression reward anymore, but during Strange Sights I decided to put some effort into it for a change. Work happened on day 3 and I was afraid I wouldn't have enough time for the final push, but I managed to reach max progression anyway with 1 minute remaining in the event icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I had been getting bad pulls from the Strange vault so I waited till after work for my lucky sons to give the rest a try.
    They pulled Mordo blue, 4*Blade black, and the Legendary token.
    On the PvP Matchmaking vault, they pulled 4*Deadpool red cover taking him to 6/3/4...
    I had 10 LT stockpiled so I thought I'd have them alternate pulls there, got all but 1 usable 4's (including another Blade, now 3/1/3).
    And on pull #8 ---> Deadpool purple. Had enough iso to champ him and level him up once with the extra cover from just prior.
    Now to hold off on LT's again until Black Panther arrives in Latest (already fun at 1/0/2, esp with Th5nos).

The unusable 4* cover was a serious troll of Ant-Man blue for my 0/9/8... ha!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now it's three Clashes in a row I am winning. This time it took some tries with my level 115 Miles. Token gave me Agent Venom yellow, and he's now 0/1/3.

Random Elite token gave me 13th Gamora token, making her my 40th championed 4-star. Later same day, pulled another Gamora from a PVP token. Legendary gave me Black Widow.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redeemed 20 CP for a classic legendary token tonight and *finally* got one of my unicorns - Gwenpool. She's 0/0/1 and ready to bring the pain!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After selling at least a half dozen greens and purples, finally got my third X23 red cover. Which is rather timely, as her green is coming up on my shield resupply in 8 days.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Now to hold off on LT's again until Black Panther arrives in Latest (already fun at 1/0/2, esp with Th5nos).

If you think he's already fun (and I agree with your assessment, especially regarding Thano5), then I hope you pull at least one yellow cover. Spirit of Wakanda is a great power!

It's a few days late, but I managed to hold on to 10th place overall in Strange Sights, so I got the Quake yellow cover, the only cover of hers I didn't have. And with my last slew of tokens for that vault, I pulled Mordo blue, taking him to 1/4/1. I wish he would have gotten slightly better color distribution, but to have six covers for a brand new release feels pretty good.

Also realized that if I finish Gauntlet (which I fully intend to) and get the 3* Bullseye cover from DDQ, I'll get four usable 4*covers, thanks to champ rewards (Squirrel Girl, Iron Fist and Bullseye all sitting at 182, plus C4ge cover at the end of Gauntlet).
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finished the martyrdom that is The Gauntlet.
    Best moments include; beating the last Bullseye required node, the one with all invisible characters, with Falcon's changed purple;
    Beating the Deadpool, Blade, Ant-man node with Storm, Kamala, Hulk with little damage after they took down my A-team easily;
    Using whales only once, in the last main node;
    Taking down the Phoenix love triangle with undercovered Quake and Punisher's red;
    Taking down the Carnage node and the Blade and the HfH node with Doc Ock.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Made it all the way through The Gauntlet for the first time ever; didn't need to use whales once.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hit 800 in PvP for the first time ever. Tastes extra sweet after the farce of the last PvP

Have since been smashed down to 600 obviously, but I can live with that
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Breaking shield with under 3 minutes to go in Too Many Sorcerers to sneak into the top 10. That nervous excitement waiting for the last minute to end to see if I got hit or had timed it right was great!
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Completed Gauntlet for the first time. I only had to use whales once--on the Quake node--and it was more because I was impatient than anything.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've fully completed two legs of the Gauntlet and reached the third leg for the first time ever.

My trepidation at the thought of that third leg is not minor.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For the first time, I have reached the third sub in Gauntlet. And I have beaten every node except icon_quake.png essential because I don't have the character rostered.
    My main team was star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png (level 180) , icon_hood.png (level 170) and drstrange_icon.png (level 153).