Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Rushed up to 900 for Coulson's PVP in the span of just 4 hours with just 1 hit, my fastest push ever, and only attempted because I'm not going to have my phone available for the last 8 hours of the event. Totally loving Red Hulk which I'm using champed and boosted for the first time, and paired with boosted Battery Man I literally just swatted away every team I faced.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    token_event.png -> token_legendary.png -> Thanos_Icon.pngpurpleflag.png -> 2/2/2
    Then got icon_ragnarok.png from ddq to take him to 200. Last of the 3*s (pre Thanos/Strange) to reach there. This pleases me greatly.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    My 3/5/4 Rulk & IM40 were both boosted and helped carry me to my highest-ever PvP score (860, just missed Coulson cover reward) which in turn propelled me to my highest-ever season finish of 48th, snagging a heroic 10-pack. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a Thano3 blackflag.png from a HT, making him my final 3* to be champed.

Now onto the 4*s, although this feels like a bit of a hollow victory now that so many of them are vaulted and my only shot at getting any are through bonus heroes. I still haven't gotten one at the 4* tier despite pulling close to 20 or so covers so far.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo wrote:

Now onto the 4*s, although this feels like a bit of a hollow victory now that so many of them are vaulted and my only shot at getting any are through bonus heroes. I still haven't gotten one at the 4* tier despite pulling close to 20 or so covers so far.
    I suggest you stockpile ISO, Legendary tokens and CP until you have at least 4 million ISO, then you can have a token opening party and champ all twelve characters in LTs at that Point at once. Ignore the ones that aren't in tokens for now.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

I suggest you stockpile ISO, Legendary tokens and CP until you have at least 4 million ISO, then you can have a token opening party and champ all twelve characters in LTs at that Point at once. Ignore the ones that aren't in tokens for now.

I want to make it very clear I'm not criticizing your idea, because honestly, that's probably the course of action that makes the most sense if nothing changes.

But this is a horrible way to play the game. Just poor game design. Just running numbers through my head, if I make 20,000 ISO each day (a conservative estimate), that's 100,000 ISO every 5 days, 1M ISO every 50 days, 4M ISO in 200 days, or just over 6 months.

By that point, all the current Blessed 12 will be rotated out, so any token I open at that point will be for a whole new Blessed 12. So in theory I could get that new crop covered, but that comes at the expense of adding any levels to the current crop (outside of progression/placement rewards) and virtually no champ rewards.

Then the whole cycle would have to start over again. Bursts of roster development every six months doesn't sound very fun to me.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting away with a Pretty Weak Team in the Behemoth Burrito (Level 94 3/3/2 Spider Gwen) Level 127 (5/5/3) Spider Man and a cover Maxed Level 15 Thor

Did End Up using one team up but not the big AOE one I had taken along just in case (used my Called Shot instead of Ballistic Salvo or Unibeam)
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    I have a handful of 3*s at 12 covers with an unuseable cover in danger of dying on the vine. The first to expire was for Squirrel Girl in a few days. I was about to spend my 20 CP on a 13th cover so I could champion her and use the one on the vine for a LT.
    Then I decided, well, I may as well make her my 3* bonus hero until the cover expires. Two heroic tokens later, I got my 13th Squirrel Girl cover as a bonus and got a Peggy cover with the 20 CP I saved.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    The standards and the elites and the heroics were all kind to me!
    I opened one standard, and received a 3 star, and my bonus was a Thanos Black, bringing him up to 4/5/3. I opened three elites, and on my third one I opened a 3 star, which yielded a bonus hero - Dr. Strange yellow, bringing him up to 0/5/4. I opened my heroic 10-pack and it wasn't bad either - three champ levels for various 3 stars, and a Wasp yellow, bringing her up to 1/3/1. It was great timing ahead of the news of her impending buff. Add to all of that the awesome new Inside Job mini-PvE and it's been the best day in MPQ for me in quite a while.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The last wave node in X-Mansion. Took in Beast, Falcon, and Strange. Got out so many protect tiles with Bird Strike and Mutagenic Breakthrough, and then buffed them with Inspiration, that when Wolvie came on in the last wave and hit me with Adamantium Slash...it did one damage icon_lol.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Since last night, I am one cover away from having all 3-stars champed.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Elite token -> 2 star.pngicon_humantorch.png -> 3 star.pngicon_humantorch.png -> yellowflag.pngicon_thing.png
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Built a mini-hoard until I crossed 100 cp & went for classics legendaries in hopes of pulling my 13th Kate Bishop cover. Got 2 5* & my 13th Medusa cover. Miscellaneous champ rewards brought me to 19 cp. Figured I'd wait for the DDQ to roll over. Earned 2 cp via the Burrito, went to classics & pulled Kate's purpleflag.png , finishing her off at 5/4/4.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Been playing for 5 weeks, got my first 13 cover 3* today. Pulled Patch Wolverine from a heroic. Saw in PvP for my clearance level he's 2x reward. Climbed up to 900, got both progression rewards and his token. Use token, get another Patch Wolverine.

Now I have a 5/4/4 3* with a bonus cover. Next closet 3* is at 7 covers.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I was hoarding CP's and LT's until I had leveled up three 4*s to their max level of 250. After the time spent on completing two and halfway through the third, I got bored waiting for DDQ and the next PvE day to start so I decided to open a couple of LT's in the hopes of the thirteenth cover for one of the five at twelve covers. I had 220 spendable CP and 9 LT's and my decision to stop would be when I got a duplicate. What I got:

icon_blade.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png
    GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.png
    medusa_icon.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
    icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png
    Riri_Icon.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.png
    SpiderWoman_icon.PNGblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    Thanos_Icon.pnggreenflag.png (First ever cover)
    (Agent Venom) icon_venom.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.png
    wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png

I got a couple of bonus covers out of this too:

Thanos_Icon.pnggreenflag.png
    5* icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png (First ever OML token, finally!)

Twenty-two covers in total and not a single one was a duplicate! All I'm missing now is Spider-Man (Back In Black.) (Yes I know double Hawkeye is coming soon.)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying (and failing) to hoard cp since I was already grinding for iso to champ Riri and Carol. I got as far as 41 cp, an alliancemate opened one lt, and I decided to open one too.

token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png , well ok. Food for my champ, not the awesomest but nowhere close to bad.

Pulled another one for the heck of it.
    token_legendary.pngicon_spiderman.pnggreenflag.png bringing BSS to 5/5/3. icon_eek.gif

Then... what's that? A Bonus Hero?! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif
    token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png
    That gets him to 2/5/4.

150% 5* pull rate? All usable covers? I can't even. icon_e_surprised.gificon_exclaim.gificon_question.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying (and failing) to hoard cp since I was already grinding for iso to champ Riri and Carol. I got as far as 41 cp, an alliancemate opened one lt, and I decided to open one too.

token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png , well ok. Food for my champ, not the awesomest but nowhere close to bad.

token_legendary.pngicon_spiderman.pnggreenflag.png bringing BSS to 5/5/3. icon_eek.gif

That gets him to 2/5/4.

150% 5* pull rate? All usable covers? I can't even. icon_e_surprised.gificon_exclaim.gificon_question.gif

I wish I could repost this in one of the many Bonus Heroes is awful threads. That's one hell of a run there!
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Pulled 10 standard tokens, on 10 th token got icon_rocket.png + bonus hero icon_ironman.png which gave me a token_legendary.png
    Pulled token_legendary.png got icon_caroldanvers.pnggreenflag.png + bonus hero icon_starlord.png for another token_legendary.png
    Pulled token_legendary.png got icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards

That gets him to 2/5/4.

I wish I could repost this in one of the many Bonus Heroes is awful threads. That's one hell of a run there!

See the thing is, it *is* awful. It's really nice to get a bonus, I don't dispute that at all, but at the root it's still RNG and some people will get nothing, or unusable things, just because RNGesus is a tinykitty. It doesn't really solve any of our problems.

And the very real problem we're complaining about isn't bonus heroes but the associated vaulting, and our resource flow being dammed into a trickle while new characters are being fasttracked and demanding more resources.

Prior to this I was champing 3-4 4*s per month, slowly catching up on the backlogged release rate. Sometimes I manage to add a 5* to that list. A lot of that iso comes from my higher level champ rewards, which can ramp up a lot especially when I open hoarded lts. If I lose covers it's one or two, no big deal.

Now I have 2 4*s to champ or lose multiple covers. A friend has 5 Carol covers but can't champ her due to their being the wrong colour.

While champing all these accelerated 4*s, I have... 3 fully covered 5*s in need of iso. I honestly don't know how to proceed from here.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saw the high bonus rate bug early for the Bag if Tricks tokens and decided to gamble. Bought 18 tokens got:

3 Hawkeyes (2/1/0)
    Two bonus 4* a Peggy and a coulson (switched in the middle of the draws from Peggy to coulson. Peggy now L291, Coulson 2/4/3)

And last but not least...

A bonus icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png which finished my surfer which had been 2/5/5 for months. Ecstatic beyond belief about this. I know it is terrible advice to make someone with 5 covers in a skill (let alone 2 skills) as your 5* favorite but just this once it worked out.

So sad they are fixing this, it should be the standard bonus hero rate.