Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Simulator vault had a yellow Peggy cover, red Thing cover and red Hulkbuster, all useable. But I REALLY wanted that Peggy cover.

I happened to pull a Peggy blue cover from the immediately previous PvE vault, and I rarely pull any of the 4*s from an event vault, so I figured I wouldn't get any this time around.

One of my first pulls ended up being Thing. Nice, but my least desired of the ones available.

Then the event ended and I got my last token. I pulled... Peggy yellow! So in four pulls I got two 4*s. I'll take it!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Star-Lord became my 8th 4* champ during the last event. Running him boosted with champ 4clops was fantastic in PvE and PvP.

Recent LT pulls have gotten Medusa up to 3/3/4, run her with boosted Patch to steal & boost his enemy-strikes, it's not even fair.

Got 4Thor red as a daily reward, so now that's the 14th cover, she's next in line to champ, currently (3+1)/5/5, will respec to 5/3/5.

Recent Bonus Heroes have gottem IM40 up to level 223, rewarding Hulkbuster black, now up to 4/3/5.

Barely won the CotT with Iceman 1/3/3 lvl 114, LT awarded Bl4de's 5th red (which can be amazing).
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Won the Iceman crash first try with no boosts, with my 1/3/3 Iceman. That meant freezing Jeanie and try and collect blue while the stun lasted. Constantly.
    Token gave me Strange yellow, making him 3/2/3.
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    This best moment isn't really from one day, it's over the course of 2 months. I've gotten my first 3* champion at beginning of September last year, and I'm currently still a 3* player.

Over the course of November to January, I am lucky enough to gain 5 covers of 5* Black Widow, in all 3 colors. In fact, at that time of the 5th cover, I only have one 4* that has more than 5 covers. It's a completely lopsided distribution, but praise RNGsis!

I've been able to use her for breezing through early PvE nodes, and even the occasional PvP bouts.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I was in a whole lot of trouble with two down, and the only character left was Daredevil with about 2.5k health against a 9k healthy Ares.
    No enemy tiles on screen and the only power charged was his generally useless Ambush redflag.png. I launch Ambush anyway and by luck it lands on a red match 3 chance in a sea of single reds. Next thing you know Daredevil does his best Pele impression with no less than 4x self matching Ambush cascades to win the match for me!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing OML pop his claws early in the Lightning rounds... Then realizing my Daredevil had plenty of blue and purple AP so I could stun OML, remove the strike tiles and then whale on him. He didn't get to use any powers...
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Two things will fit this topic today:

1. I saw the pop-up that there´s a new limited vault with a TA Hulk cover. I was excited so I scrolled to this vault immediately and there it was: The elusive icon_hulkcho.pngblackflag.png - my last remaining unicorn in 4* tier (Cho was stuck at 3/5/0 for months)!

2. Unhesitatingly (I had more than 12k HP left) I bought a 5-pack and pulled the desired cover on my first attempt!
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I am an early 4* transitioner, so I can't always climb to 900 in PVP; I do have 4* icon_cyclops.png champed so I can usually get there if he's boosted, it just costs HP for shields.
    In "Fresh Cut" I decided to go for it. I used three shields; during my last hop I only played two matches, boosting yellow and using IM40 to fuel Cyke as fast as possible. I got to 922, shielded, then (at least) 6 hits subsequently bounced off my shield since people like to beat on IM40. I'm always happy when I manage to shield at just the right time.

Ultimately, for the HP cost of 8-3-8 shields to climb to 900, I got:
    • a needed 4* icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png from progression
    • four icon_squirrelgirl.png champ levels from personal/alliance placement, bringing her up to lv183 and a needed icon_antman.pngyellowflag.png
    • a super lucky draw with the additional event token, giving me a needed 4* icon_blade.pngredflag.png with a bonus needed icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png (only my second bonus 4*)!
    I'd say that extra cost to climb was definitely worth it! icon_cool.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simple pleasures - using 4* Blade (13 covers, pumping iso in towards Championing) and Champion Gwenpool in PVE, alongside 3* IM. A fun way to learn how to use them both!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought "heh, the bonus hero bug bit me", as opening an elite yielded two Dr. Strange covers, both blue. I uttered an amused laugh when I checked my roster, and yep - two blue Dr. Strange covers! That was great, as I had four Purple/Yellow Strange covers wilting away on the vine, so I was able to champion my 2/5/5 Dr. Strange and grab a champion level to earn the legendary token.

Four star Carol has also been kind to me in the tokens. A week ago I had no Carol covers at all, and tonight a Carol green cover popped out of a Red Room token as a bonus hero. (which itself popped out of a random token I opened in my stash of expired tokens - I had forgotten the Red Room tokens even existed). My Carol is now 1/1/2 and even at that low level I'm looking forward to using her.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Opened my season 10-pack and for the first time in a long time (maybe ever?) there were no covers that I had to sell.

There were five 2* covers, five 3* covers, and three bonus hero covers! That let me finish covering & champ Thanos. Also gained 3 additional covers from the other champ rewards. Opened the LT from champing Thanos and got a Black Panther cover.

I'm going to have a lie down now, because that's enough excitement for today.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    CT1888 wrote:
    Simple pleasures - using 4* Blade (13 covers, pumping iso in towards Championing) and Champion Gwenpool in PVE, alongside 3* IM. A fun way to learn how to use them both!

in a similar vein, using boosted Patch, 3* Daken and lvl 209 Medusa on every node of day 4 of Thick as Thieves, just for the heck of it!

even better, at those levels, Medusa rarely ever took any damage and Patch and Daken could get burst healed to stay alive and would just true heal up later icon_e_smile.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having crazy amounts of luck with my event vault pulls. In Meet Rocket and Groot, I pulled Peggy blue, which was one of my random 4* covers. In the Simulator I pulled Thing red and Peggy yellow.

Thick as Thieves had Bl4de's black cover, which would have helped my 5/4/2 Bl4de. And against great odds, I pulled it!

The red cover I got from progression is sitting in my queue, and I'll have a small number of pulls that I think I'll use trying to get a 5trange cover before he rolls into Classics. If I don't get a green or black cover then, I think I'll just spend CP on that final green cover.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Bl4de was 0/3/4 coming in, so I was anticipating that red cover from progression.

The elite tokens from alliance sub placement yielded 100 HP in champion rewards, so I took a pull at the Thick as Thieves vault. Got a second redflag.png . He is now 2/3/4. Me gusta.

That more than balances out my disappointment from pulling an Agent Venom redflag.png from a classic legendary tonight.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Just won my first ever CotT. My humble, level 90, 0/3/1, Iceman wiped the floor with Jean and earned me a blue Phil cover (taking him to 3/5/4). He also got me that third Taco, since I don't have Elektra, so had to skip the BB.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally Championed X-23

now to wait for either Ragnarok to reach level 183 (2 levels)
    or another 4 Star Bonus hero
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Pulling icon_caroldanvers.pngblackflag.png from a heroic token. Now I need only two more covers for her!
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Got my blue strange from a cover swap, had been hoarding LTs for the past two days, so opened two, got a %* thanos, making him 4/4/4 and a purple strange 4/4/5. I decided to hold my LTs, opened three classics with CP, got a blue banner, a bonus carol (champ level), a red riri, which I needed, and another champ level on peggy.

Best run I've ever had on 5 pulls
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Finally Championed X-23

now to wait for either Ragnarok to reach level 183 (2 levels)
    or another 4 Star Bonus hero
    Do you farm Ares? If so maybe you could just wait it out since he will earn you 2 Rag's soon enough.
    In the mean time, setting your bonus hero to someone else (and not missing out), knowing this will be coming in soon/eventually? Just a thought.

For the moment of the day, just got to Shield level 77. This awarded enough iso so that I am guaranteed to champ two 4*s: 4Thor before her 14th cover expires, and Flaptain prior to being boosted in a couple of days.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    after getting Peggy's 5th red cover from PVE progression, I had her at 5/2/5. I was going to buy the final yellow for 120CP, but I had also just beaten a Crash of the Titans. I decided to open the token before buying the Peggy cover, and I miraculously pulled her yellow from the token. So I was able to save 120CP.