Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Over the last 18 months, I've dabbled with various PVE slices. I started with s4, moved to s2 as I found it more forgiving, then went to s1 for a few months, but have been dipping back into s4 lately as it works better with my east coast schedule.

For Thick as Thieves, I decided to experiment with 4.8, my first time trying SCL8. I champed Bl4de shortly after bonus heroes went live (and had 7 covers dumped in my lap), and have found him to be a beast boosted. I've blown through my clears every day and won my sub on day 2; when I was first to finish my initial clears in subs 3 and 4, I thought I had a legit chance to take T1 for the whole event.

I held off as long as I thought I could before starting my final sub end clears, just under the 1 hour mark. It went pretty much as I expected, finishing my clears with 3 minutes left, sitting in first for both the sub and the event.

Because I'm a weirdo who likes his scores ending in 0 -- and because I couldn't stand to just watch the clock tick down -- I decided to do one extra clear of the easiest node in the final minute for 1 extra point.

And that one point ended up being exactly how much I won the event by. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearing the first sub of Venom Bomb, x4, without using a health pack (yesterday).
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Pulled my 13th Peggy cover from the taco vault! She is officially my first fully covered 4*!

I currently don't have the iso to champ her, but that's probably good because I'd like to wait until I have a few more 4*s ready to champ all at the same time.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Sluggo wrote:
    And that one point ended up being exactly how much I won the event by. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I really wish we could hear the 2nd place guys recap. Ha!
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Normally I save up CP and LTs so I can open up 7 at a time (usually averages out to a 5* during pulls then), but today I won my LT from the Jean Grey Crash. It was the only LT I had, and I decided to open it up because Strange is leaving the Latest Legends pull next week. So what did I get? I got my first yellowflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png with a bonus of a blueflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png ! Awesome.
  • supbullcoc
    supbullcoc Posts: 77 Match Maker
    currently hoarding with over 660 tokens. needed to scratch the itch so i opened
    token_standard.png = icon_squirrelgirl.png which gave me a bonus icon_thor.png which level up gave me token_legendary.png
    all from a single standard. thats a good day
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Finally got my icon_iceman.png to 13/13 covers! Was gifted a greenflag.png cover via bonus heroes. He's my fourth ( icon_wolverine.pngicon_ironman.pngicon_nickfury.png ) 13/13 4*

Slowly making my transition to 4* characters. Fingers crossed for a redflag.pngyellowflag.png for icon_peggycarter.png (12/13) or icon_thor.png (11/13) soon!
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Opened my Venom Bomb token and got Hobofist blackflag.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Got a 3* Spidey from a standard token, and the BH gave me a third yellow for Beast and allowed me to champ him and apply the FIVE covers I had waiting.

The LT got me an Agent Venom cover, but better was the purpleflag.pngicon_miles.png I got from adding the level to Spidey.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some Strike Tiles+the Countdown bug meant that I just downed Carnage with Recharge icon_lol.gif
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    1. I crossed the 2k line in Shield Sim and got mordo_icon.PNGblackflag.png to complete him (4/5/4).

2. After that I opened a bunch of heroics and pulled 4* icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png which is his 13th cover (4/4/5).

Eight of the current twelve latest 4* are championed/fully covered now!
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Pulled a black 4* Iron Fist with my Venom Bomb token today!
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    So I've had 6(!) Captain Marvels sitting on my vine waiting for my 4/3/5 to get that last cover to drop, and finally get up to 120 CP to champ her and cash in. given that CP is flowing a bit more these days, I've set her as my bonus hero and been pulling Legendaries whenever I can, not dipping below 120 CP until the first cover on the vine is about to expire.

1 day left and I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the 120 CP, but I've just pulled the Legendary from the Deadpool Crash....deep breath....Captain Marvel Black! I decide to then spend my 120 CP on Classic Legend pulls instead!

the draws from the champ reward Legendary and the 120 CP?
    All usable covers, including 2 Black Bolts!

Thank you RNGesus!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Pulled my 1st 5* bonus. Pulled a Black Thanos and then a blue Strange for the bonus icon_e_smile.gif
  • Acaine
    Acaine Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I got finally enough ISO and CP to champion my Peggy (3-4-5). I had a LT and 220 CP and Peggy set as bonus hero.

First naturally the LT, blueflag.png Peggy. Ok, at least i get another LT if I have to buy the last cover.
    Hey, a bonus hero! Game shows 2nd Peggy. Bug? Lets see what I really got.

What you know redflag.png & blueflag.png Peggy!

Thank you RNG! Peggy is now my 11th 4 star.png champion.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I've been pushing hard the last week to champ my 4* Carol. It was not going well.

When bonus heroes were released, I made Carol my BH and cashed in 20 LTs. I got zero covers for her, nor any BHs. I did finally get some a few days later, bringing her to 2/4/5 with two greens on the vine, but I figured hey, I've got two weeks, I'll get it done. Except in two weeks, all I got were more greens.

Last night, I reached the point of no return, where I had two covers a few hours from expiring. I had a flurry of CP from hitting 10k for the season, my daily resupply and an alliance purchase, allowing me two final LT pulls to get the two Carol covers I needed.

They were -- drumroll -- a Coulson and a Wasp. /womp womp.

Dejected, I took a screencap of my expiring Carols and posted it to my alliance chat, before preparing to sell them. But before I did, I had to clean out the rest of my vine, which had a bunch of 2*s from my farm. One awarded a heroic token, which very unexpectedly produced a 4* and procced a BH... a black Carol!

But that was just my 12th cover. I still needed to pull one more out of thin air. Otherwise it was just RNG tormenting me.

So I did something I never do: bought a heroic 10-pack. In fact, I hoard HP for emergencies just like this. Lo and behold, the first cover that showed: a yellow bonus Carol! Champed!

As sort of a comical epilogue, when Venom Bomb sub 3 ended, I got two tokens as my alliance rewards. And one of them turned into another 4* which procced another Carol BH. So between that and all the greens on my vine, this Carol that I thought I had no chance of champing last night is now 276.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somehow managed top 100 in Venom Bomb after an epic fail of a bracket snipe. And then with my last event token I pulled a blue Flaptain, taking him to 5/5/3 icon_mrgreen.gif

I think I'll champion the old boy now, always had a soft spot for him.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled not one, but TWO bonus Peggy covers today.

I mean, yeah, I could only use the yellow that came with the Agent Venom black (the one that came with the Gwenpool green was a red, of which I now have two wilting in the queue), but still.

At 5/4/2, if I can pull one more, maybe I can save up 120 CP in time to champion her.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Definitely this! icon_e_biggrin.gif

unbenanntp4ueiqtzdj.png
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke wrote:
    Definitely this! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Not only is that achievement epic and amazing, thanks to you I now have a new favorite synonym for congratulations.
    RANGLISTENPLATZBELOHNUNGEN!