Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completed the non-essential nodes of Global Domination! Waiting for health packs to regenerate, but 30 hours to tackle six nodes should be zero perspiration.

My 4* Cage is salivating at the prospect of a 4th yellowflag.png .
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    First time I ever got all check marks for Gauntlet. Usually I just go thru it once but it's gotten more manageable and I was bored. Also pulled 16 classic legendaries using 320 CP: 6 5* covers and I could use them all! 2 OML, 2 Surfer, 1 BSS and 1 Black Bolt. The other 10 were 4*covers that I can use as champ levels.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I got a champed Black Bolt yellow team up from an alliance family mate a while ago and have been meaning to take it into battle with my 0/1/1 OML to finally try to experience all three of his powers and try to fire off all three alt powers.
    I think I'd tried running OML with my 0/0/1 Black Bolt once before and was able to fire off his yellow and red, but not black.

I finally thought of it again this morning and took OML and Hood (and x23) into Sim 12 (konran, empiricist, and maggia don). Hood kept stealing yellow and black and I managed to match enough TU and red to give the thing a go.

And I'm here to report success and positive feelings! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Having Hood meant I easily stored up enough black to get all three powers off. I'm so happy! Now I'll go back to being sad that my OML will probably never be useful on his own. icon_razz.gif
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Green-checked every node on the Gauntlet for some sweet XP and a fair bit of iso!
    Now for a little break before the next PVE round....
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    With this one, it's four Clashes in a row that I'm winning.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Got 4th place in Top Gun - Falcon PvP, marking my first top 5 finish. Ended with just 928 points, but it was enough to earn the Riri Williams green (0/1/1) cover for progression, and the needed blue cover for 4* Sam Wilson, now (3/4/5). This is due to my recently champed XPool, and Fury a few weeks prior. Got 10th in the Mordo PvP, so it looks like I have a good chance to get top 10 or better on Torch's HotShot event. Keep your hopes up!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part 1: It took me about a dozen tries, but I FINALLY won the Crash in the newly expanded DDQ with my 1/4/3 Level 172 XFDP.

After several tries of cascades and colors that seemed to favor Wolverine only, and even a few matches where I got him under 1K health, I managed to get a game where I got Countdown for What off a few times, and almost all the CDs were matched each time.

(As an aside, this particular Crash was a little lopsided, as XFDP can only use 2 out of 3 powers, while Wolverine gets all three. And of course most of my covers for DP are rendered useless in the Crash. Not that I'm bitter or anything. icon_razz.gif But I suppose the harder the fight the sweeter the triumph. I just hope the Wolverine crash is against DP so I can return the favor. icon_e_biggrin.gif)

Part 2: Checking the progression rewards for DP vs. MPQ and seeing that RNGesus has finally smiled on my 4/0/2 C4ge by having the progression reward be a black cover. Oh happy day!
  • DFiPL
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    (As an aside, this particular Crash was a little lopsided, as XFDP can only use 2 out of 3 powers, while Wolverine gets all three. And of course most of my covers for DP are rendered useless in the Crash. Not that I'm bitter or anything. icon_razz.gif But I suppose the harder the fight the sweeter the triumph. I just hope the Wolverine crash is against DP so I can return the favor. icon_e_biggrin.gif)

There IS consonance in Wolverine's Crash opponent, but that means Scott Summers, not Wade Wilson.

Sorry.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the progression rewards for Deadpool vs MPQ and seeing star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png.
    I was a bit worried when Luke hit 4/2/5 that I might have to sell of some covers soon, but with the yellow cover from the Gauntlet and now the black cover he hits 5/3/5. I will get Another cover as a champion reward from his Three-star version soon enough, so he'll be champed very soon.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

There IS consonance in Wolverine's Crash opponent, but that means Scott Summers, not Wade Wilson.

Sorry.

Bah. Oh well. That is a pretty good pairing though, which reflects a classic comics beef.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I was pottering around in PvP this evening to try to collect a bit of extra HP, when I realised I was almost at the season 10-pack, and by almost, I mean within 10 points. Unfortunately, I was out of healthpacks, so I resolved to hit the Hood PvP, which I have no intention of playing, as soon as it opened to get the seeds.

I reopened the game a couple of minutes early to discover a defensive win of 14 points and a waiting 10-pack.

Better still, when I opened it, I got a 4* and three 3*s, two of which coughed out 4* champ rewards.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I won my first ever CoT with a level 131 DP. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: and the token got me a 5 star.png Black Panther. Huzzah!
  • DFiPL
    Was at 24 CP, debating whether to wait a day and buy a Latest Legendary, chasing Thanos/Strange, or buy a Classic and chase a 4* cover.

I bought the Classic.

I got 5* Widow.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Champion reward Heroic token gave me X-23 green. Now she's 4/0/0.
    DDQ progression Elite gave me first champion level for Cyclops. Legendary gave me yellow Thor. Now she's 2/5/2.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Champion reward Heroic token gave me X-23 green. Now she's 4/0/0.
    DDQ progression Elite gave me first champion level for Cyclops. Legendary gave me yellow Thor. Now she's 2/5/2.
    Congrats on the extra 4* covers. You're gonna have a bad time with X-23 though. Expect many times in the coming months or years where you'll have to post in the 'worst moment of the day thread' things like "opened a legendary token, got X23 green AGAIN. Sitting on 5/1/0 forever!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif "
    Source: have been sitting on 5/1/5 X-23 for months.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    metallion wrote:
    Cleared this round's clash. Opened the LT

My 13th peggy cover!! Woohoo!! Gonna be abandoning my moon knight leveling plan for her for the time being

And champed from lvl160 after just 9 days, way faster than I expected. RIP Ares, Johnny and Natasha, your sacrifice into the ISO pool was not in vain.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I was doing my fourth clear of the 4* essential today, with my level 86, two black covers, Luke Cage. I'd decided to go the passive route to avoid triggering Carnage, so I had Lazy Daken and New! Improved! Sam Wilson.

I got rid of Carnage no problem, Doc Ock got some really lucky cascades that essentially wiped out Daken and Cage, so it was just Sam going toe-to-toe with Ultron. Sam was spamming protect tiles left and right, then strengthening them, Ultron was gradually losing health, but it was taking For Ever.

Then I remembered that I had team-ups.

Bam. Godlike Power. Game over.

I tell people Rags has his uses, but no one ever believes me.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I been pulling Classics LT with CP forever.... and we know how diluted the odds are. I only pulled it because i have no willpower to hoard CP.

I had champ the 3 classic 5*, SS, OML and PHX about 3 months back. It was getting kinda boring using the 3 of them.

So i was very happy to pull my 13th IM46 cover yesterday! another 5* i can champ and more varied options for my 5*!

now i just need to hoard 550k iso to champ him.....
  • DFiPL
    Thinking I got a 3* cover from a Deadpool vs MPQ token only to see it was Nova yellow instead.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Deciding to make an entirely token effort at the "Unholy Outlaw" PvP, because I just got back from camping, and I want to go to bed. Earned the event token from progression, pulled it, and got a 4* Thor! Also, it was her yellow cover, which my previously 4/0/5 Thor desperately needed (at least to feel a little less lopsided)

Thanks token effort. You're the best!