Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png from a token_heroic.png today icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After Webbed Wonder finished I had 10 tokens (some left from last run). Looking in the vault I saw a Yellow Thing and Red HB in addition to the Howard cover. Since I needed all 3 covers I decided to pull all 10 tokens. Nothing but 2*.

Feeling a bit depressed by this I decided what the hell, I'll spend the 100 HP I got in the last sub on a final single daily draw. Lo and behold, I got the Yellow Thing which I really wanted because it takes him to 3-1-3. I felt the same rush I get when I hole a 25 ft putt on the 18th green for birdie that changes an otherwise forgettable round of golf into one that keeps me coming back for more.

KGB
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Earning enough ISO to champ Invisible Woman with just 14 hours to spare on my existing cover. Considering that 14 hours include my sleep time that effectively means I made it with 4 hours to go. Got an XFW champ level for the trouble

And also, getting a 10 pack from the daily resupply, and getting 5 useful gold covers out of it ( wasp_icon.pngicon_spidergwen.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png ). The 4* covers could have been better, but hey, that's three 4*s and I didn't have to sell any of them so I'll take that any day.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Elite token yielded me Human Torch's 143rd champion level. Got a Heroic token.

Heroic token yielded me 2* Bullseye's 131st champion level. Got a Heroic token.

Heroic token yielded me 3* Bullseye's 183rd champion level. Got a icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png .

Reward chains are awesome.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,652 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a greenflag.png Than3s from a Standard token, so could champ him and use dupe cover to add level and get an LT:
    token_legendary.png -> blackflag.png Thanos => me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Red Hulk oficially becomes my first 4-star champion. Once I got all his covers from Civil War, I purchased the last Red I needed. Then I leveled him and champed him. Used the extra Purple I had to give him one more level. Token gave me a Mister Fantastic Black (now 2/0/3).
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So playing one of those awful wave nodes in the Civil War, and things were not going well. The second team had too much AP going in, and was creaming me. Quake jumps in to help out with an Earthquake and downs everyone except X-23.

On the flip side of this, she lines up two of X-23's trap tiles into an obvious match-4, which she promptly matches for me. 22k of damage easily downs her. I'm not in great shape at this point, but at least the battle is winnable now with some team-ups icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was playing Fowl Play on Sunday I had a match go South as my Phoenix and OML were downed early. Howard had managed to go invisible, so I knew if I could stay invisible I had a chance. It took a while, but I did manage to get a win out of it. It was fun seeing 5* Black Widow unleashing her firepower at no one at all. icon_e_smile.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got home from work with enough time for a single match in the first LR, but must have lucked into a new (read solo) bracket because I finished first.

Got a champ level for Ares and a needed blueflag.png for my not-yet-champed Quicksilver.

Then I pulled the LT from the Hunt vault.

I'm calling that a win.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    RNGesus really loves me today!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif Got a Spider Woman cover in queue so decided to open my Latest Legends tokens (5) and cashed in 80 CP. Out of 9 pulls, I got:

token_legendary.pngThanos_Icon.pngblackflag.png , greenflag.png, making him 2/2/2

and token_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png, making him 2/4/5. Got another blackflag.png coming up in about 3 weeks from my Daily Resupply (day 820).

33.3% pull rate for 5* covers!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat up the seed teams in the Super Lightning Round, then put my phone away for the remaining 30 minutes. Got hit once during that time too.
    Still managed to get second Place, which is pretty cool. Granted, the token only gave me a two-star, but still...
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Getting the yellow peggy cover in black vortex to bring her up to the perfect 12 cover build of 4/4/4. Can't wait to get her last cover now.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    WOW,

Out of 4-5 pulls this morning, I've gotten 3 token_legendary.png

icon_wolverine.pngredflag.png
    Thanos_Icon.pngblackflag.png
    icon_hulk.pngblackflag.png

This on top of a icon_greengoblin.pngblackflag.png yesterday.

RNGesus, is that you?

/\This/\

From a couple days ago, but still...
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I got Storm 2* from a standard token used that as a champ level, got a 3* storm used that as a champ level, got a 4thor, added as a champ level.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got a 3* cap blue from a standard token, which was what I needed to finally champ him.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled the 4* icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png from the Hunt vault.

5/3/2, now. That makes him my 11th 4* with between 10-12 covers, to go along with 9 champions and one unchamp'ed covermaxed 4*.

On August 6, 2016, I had 7 characters between 7-10 covers.

On February 8, 2017, just a hair past exactly 6 months later, I still have 7 characters in the 7-9 range. However, I now ALSO have 9 4* champions, one covermaxed 4*, and 11 4* at 10-12 covers.

Command Points + 4* progression covers SCL have been sneaky-great features for me.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Had 0,5 hours left to play Black vortex and juuuust got into top 50 (matter of seconds!) as 48th and got precious icon_groot.pngbluetile.png , 13th cover for him, then instantly champed him and used 4 other covers in my coverline to him and token_legendary.png yielded icon_ghostrider.pngblacktile.png !!

Also today I had to make a decision to buy last cover for my Dr Strange (20 CP) and then champed him too, token yielded wasp_icon.pngbluetile.png
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was considering posting about how champing Elektra is kind a of worst mpq moment - what am I doing with my iso, my life and all that, but then the new token odds rolled in and I opened a few for the occasion as usual.

2 latests:
    token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.pngpurpleflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.png (champ)
    1 classic:
    token_legendary.pngicon_spiderman.pngpurpleflag.png

Happy day!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was considering posting about how champing Elektra is kind a of worst mpq moment - what am I doing with my iso, my life and all that...
    Waitaminute, I champed Electra yesterday. icon_e_surprised.gif What am I doing with my iso? Does my life have any meaning? Can I partner her with Invisible Woman? Did the universe really start with a big bang of massively accelerated particles through an ever-expanding space?

Oh, wait. I don't care what the consensus thinks. I like Electra. icon_e_smile.gif Whew. Existential crisis avoided.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I was determined to get the icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png cover from Black Vortex, but didn't really know what I was in for. I saw the powered up list, saw that I had 2 of the 4s champed, and figured it'd be easy mode. Boy was I wrong.

So I used icon_starlord.pngicon_x23.png & icon_redhulk.png, things went well until I hit 600 or so. From there on, it was all icon_starlord.pngicon_peggycarter.pngicon_iceman.png & icon_jeangrey.png teams, which proved difficult, to say the least.

After getting above 800 and being knocked down twice, I managed to climb my way up to 863 and shield. Later, I'm looking through matches, manage to find one without icon_starlord.png or icon_peggycarter.png that's worth 55, and go for it. Fight doesn't go well, but I manage to icon_deadpool.pngtutile.png whale it and pull out the win. My heart is racing at this point. Did I get attacked during that match? Will all the hp I spent on shields be in vain?

But alas, I emerged victorious, the icon_peggycarter.pngyellowflag.png is mine! Puts her at 2/2/5, and I'm seriously considering dropping 480 commandpoints.png on champing her icon_e_smile.gif

After being attacked more and dropping to 550 or so, I managed to do enough fights near the end of the event to get back up to 859 or so, and finished t50! Icing on the cake there.

The other nice thing that happened recently was this. I drew a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngredflag.png from a Hail to the King token. Now, my Deadpool is at 5/5/2, so this didn't really help me. But, I held onto it, thinking maybe I'll save up the CP. The very next LT I draw? icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png

Woo! Due to all the pvp, I had a lot of ISO, and levelled up and got 35k more. After selling a 144 2*, that champed Deadpool, and from the LT, token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png

Good times.