Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A-haha!

Just pulling daily deal tokens from the Dark Avengers vault, I got the 4* Carol Black! Now she's 1/1/1, which is surprisingly workable with this character.

I'm glad I also still have a day of play left with my highly temporary favorite team of Carol/Beast/2* Magneto. They'll be fixing Magneto's power cost with the next patch, but in the interim, I'm taking full advantage of it with his red.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    A bit longer "best moment of the day".

Last off-season I got to my first Top 1 and broke 1.2k first time on the same event. That's not the bmotd, though.

During this ongoing season, Lumberjacks family and I have given instructions, advice and personal mentoring to a long time casual player, whose scores were all over the grid, some good, some bad.
    I've watched him steadily and consistently getting better scores, from ~700, ~800, ~900 scores. Going from top25 to top10 (one very close 6th place).

During Combined Arms he finally broke 1k and got 1st place.

That was a fine moment.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled my 12th and 13th usable professor X covers from PVE vault & heroic tokens this AM - on consecutive pulls.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Pulled my 12th and 13th usable professor X covers from PVE vault & heroic tokens this AM - on consecutive pulls.
    Incredible run!
    I just got PX's purple from the R&G vault as well, taking him to 12 covers, and will soon earn his 13th along progression icon_exclaim.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled a star.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngicon_storm.png from an Elite token this morning, letting me re-champ her and apply the fourteen covers from my queue. That gave me enough XP to bump me up to rank 55, giving me the Iso I needed to champ Daredevil and apply his four queued covers.

I love it when a plan comes together.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a 3-star Strange from the Rocket and Groot vault, which put him up to LVL 167. The Legendary token got me a blueflag.pngicon_hulkcho.png , which is the cover I needed to make him a 5/3/5. Between him and Prof X (also sitting at 5/2/5, waiting for the Purple cover from progression), I'll be able to add a couple more champs to the 4-star lineup once the ISO gets there... icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to open my stashed tokens, and out of 106 Heroic tokens I got a total of 12 (yes, twelve!) 4* covers that were all useful. My jaw dropped after the 4th or 5th cover and that was before I was half way through it. After the 10th I think my jaw actually dislocated, I could hardly believe this was really happening. This is a lucky streak the likes of which I have not had before, but I guess it does make up for some of the worst luck I've had pulling any 5* at all a while ago.

After this I decided to push my luck some more and see if it would hold for opening some Classic Legendary tokens, and what do you know... it did too a large degree! Only got 4 unusable covers out of about 45 pulls (and 7 needed 5* covers in the process) to end the memorable 'Grand Opening'.

Best. Luck. Ever. Left me feeling pretty happy. Hope everyone gets to experience something like this at least once. Awesome!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a few days old now, but I finally managed to get T5 in my first PVE event. I had to grind a little to make it possible, but it felt good to finally get over that hump after placing 6th on a couple of other occasions.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday, I pulled my 14th 5* Strange cover. I then used the 2* covers in shield sim to finish champing 2 of my 2*s to then sell to finish leveling my Strange so I could champ him and apply the cover. I then opened a few more latest and got my 13th Widow cover. It was a pretty amazing day.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Beat the Prof's 4th node;got the cp, progressed to the vault token. opened it up:
    -and in my best **** Vitale:

XAVIER BABY!!!!

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cashed in CP on a classic LT and pulled an HB, the 2 CP champ level reward gave me 20 CP so I did another classic and got Peggy. That Champ level gave me a latest LT which netted XFW and put him at 4/4/4. Pretty fun sequence of events.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fighting Charlie's Angels in sim with my Cage, Fist, Switch team. Charlie's Switch drops her countdown in a corner, where I can't match it away, but I don't worry too much because I never get a match-5 from corner placement.

So, of course, the AI does. Charlie's giant floating head almost takes out my Wanda, and he promptly invisibles himself.

I perform some creative cursing. Panicked scrambling for black ensues for a couple of turns.

Then, for no apparent reason, and I didn't even know this was possible, Charlie's Switch drops her countdown squarely on his tile o' invisibility.

Hoorah and huzzah.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Saved up to 1,000,000+ ISO for the first time ever! Will champ Prof-X today, he's my only 13 cover 4-star, got a couple at 12 covers.
    Got a Nick Fury blue from daily resupply, bringing him to 2/4/4.
    Beat the Moon Knight Crash of the Titans vs. X-23.
    Feels like it's my birthday or something. Guess what, it is! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been hoarding LTs and CP for a while now. I'm still at a stage where HP is basically reserved for roster spots and I'm slowly working on adding 4*s as they come through PVE rewards/champ rewards/HT pulls.

My goal was to get to a point where I have at least 1500-2000 HP before I start opening those tokens, that way if I draw a character I don't have I can roster it while still having HP in reserve for new characters/emergencies.

Today was the first day I dipped into that pile. The plan was to draw until I got a new character I don't currently have rostered. On my third draw, I got my first 5*: Thanos green! Back to hoarding for a bit.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    Saved up to 1,000,000+ ISO for the first time ever! Will champ Prof-X today, he's my only 13 cover 4-star, got a couple at 12 covers.
    Got a Nick Fury blue from daily resupply, bringing him to 2/4/4.
    Beat the Moon Knight Crash of the Titans vs. X-23.
    Feels like it's my birthday or something. Guess what, it is! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    And if things couldn't get any better, right before bed around 1am (don't ask) I checked the Meet Rocket & Groot vault again before it expired. The vault drops back to the 'daily' value of 100 HP after midnight so it had 17 minutes left. I thought I'll give 1 more try, and unbelievably drew Moon Knight black, taking him to a very playable 5/3/3!
    Lesson: check valuable vaults for the 'midnight-overlap', and you may get 1 additional daily draw during their total time frame.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Offing champed fivestars left and right with Punisher's Retribution in the Lightning round brought back sweet memories of when he was my first maxed threestar and main workhorse. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    here's a decent little story that brings in several feel good moments.

I was sitting on a decent stash of ISO, not really sure where to spend it. 120k-ish. I begrudgingly decided to champ my unleveled ragnarok with it since I had a cover of his about to die on the vine. there goes 11x,xxx-ish ISO.

popped the LT champ reward and got a teen jean blueflag.png . I've been sitting on a 5/3/5 jean since FOREVER and have sold several green and purple covers. this is great for another reason bc i have a JG about to die on the vine also. THE FEELS ARE FLOWING!!!

but now I have a new problem. I spent pretty much my whole ISO stash on Rags. i have two days to max JG before the cover expires. ugh. THERE GO THE FEELS.

i need like 12x,xxx ISO. i don't have any max champed 2* to sell. closest is OBW at 143. that's great, but i need two 2*s to make this happen. next highest is hawkeye at like 136. not close enough. MORE FEELS DIE.

i am doubting my ability to get that much ISO in two days, i really am. but i think the best way is to get two 2*s to sell. i had been holding on to some hawkeye covers in my queue so that i could rebuild him with a new slot before i maxed him. i put those into the existing hawkeye to get him to 140 or so.... ugh not enough

i decide to roll the dice on clearing the 4Cyc vault. there is one OBW, that will max champ her. so that's one down. there are two hawkeyes as well. those went into champ levels, but i knew that wouldn't be enough by themselves. one of the elites from the vault gave me an additional hawkeye to get him to 143! then with rewards from like 10 other champ levels on other characters, i got another 2 or 3 heroic tokens, one of which gave me the final hawkeye to max champ him.

i was then able to sell both OBW and hawkeye to champ JG!!! that was pretty close. AAWWWW THE FEELS I CAN"T CONTAIN THEM!!!

but there's more! i also got a medusa yellowflag.png from one of the heroic tokens!!! the 4cyc cover (which was just a side benefit really) was actually my first champ level on him (i had him champed to respect only). i didn't realize that, so i got an LT off of it! FEELS TO THE MAXXXXXIMUM!!!!1

during this whirlwind process i also got a second LT, but in my excitement i can't recall what it came from... i am stoked for the LT, but I am a little bummed i can't remember what it was from!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's my IRL birthday today. Received a black Silver Surfer cover from the daily resupply as a present icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Pulled a Thanos from a standard token!
  • Stashasaurus
    Options
    Sooo, I was doing the DDQ and on my last round of the 2* battle I got my goon to 12 HP and then unloaded a 32 green Ares greenflag.png ....ahhh...

I'm not a sadist, but that is one of the most satisfying feelings an ability gives me in the game, even if it is a bit of overkill.

What do you do in a game that gives you great satisfaction?