Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I just did a match in divine champs with champed SS+others vs boosted Thora, unboosted IM40 JG. I got like 5 match 5s in a row vs them, and even though JG was going off like crazy, pure match damage from SS ended up killing both her and IM40 on turn 1. I then had enough AP to kill Thora in 3 turns after that. SS has never proven his worth so much to me as he did today.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Champed Luke Cage (3*) and got to give him an extra three levels immediately. That was a good feeling.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks to DDQ got my first fully covered 3* icon_blackwidow.png !
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 986 days I have FINALLY championed my first 4*, good o' Fury, by earning the first cover champion reward from GSBW icon_e_biggrin.gif My 3*-4* has been positively glacial; I'm in a very casual alliance with friends and family, and I have never played competitively because, well, life.

Champions, CPs, LTs and SCLs have at long last given me a slow way to start building 4*s and, I have to say, with progression comes renewed enjoyment; I haven't had this much fun with the (repetitious) content in a long time.

Now...where's our 4* DDQ?! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a Bullseye 2* cover from a taco this morning.

The champion level gave me a Heroic token.

The Heroic token gave me a icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png .
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Got a Bullseye 2* cover from a taco this morning.

The champion level gave me a Heroic token.

The Heroic token gave me a icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png .

Love it when that happens. And a pretty fantastic prize to boot.

Yesterday I realized that I have fully covered my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_venom.png. I hadn't been paying attention to where he was cover-wise, and I got a Venom cover, applied it, and then saw he was at 5/5/3. The best thing though, was that I never got one dupe cover for him. Might have to champ him now.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got another 4 Star With all three Powers (Kate Bishop now 5/1/1)
    had a fairly easy time with two nodes I heard much complaining about on the forums (The Essential Thor and Kate nodes from Scotland Yard)
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh no! Jean is about to unleash Full of Surprises and Mind Over Matter, and she still has 11k health!

Punisher: no she doesn't

Blam.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Dr Strang3 was added to the token pool, I decided it was a good time to burn through my stash of elite and heroic tokens.
    Opening 140ish elites and 70ish heroics, the positive things:
    • About 100K of ISO, 800HP, 20CP from champion rewards
    • Pulled a Kate Bishop cover, the last of the 4* i didnt have yet (not counting Agent Venom)
    • An XFW cover from Patch champ rewards made me decide to finally champ my first 4*. Congrats XFW!
    Unfortunately, no Dr. Strang3 covers. But they'll drop eventually. I hope icon_mrgreen.gif .
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been a few days since I could post, so this is a two-fer.

1. I placed well enough in the event before Meet Rocket and Groot to get redflag.pngicon_thing.png , then got the greenflag.png cover through progression during MR&G. So icon_thing.png has become my second 4* character to have at least one cover in each color (1/2/1).

2. I rostered my final 3* character last night (Ragnarok). I now have all 2*and 3* characters rostered (except Bagman). All my 2*s are champed, except Moonstone who is at 12/13. Most of them are on their second trip through the farm. Just over half (22 of 41, I think) of my 3*s are champed, with three or four more on deck once I get enough ISO. Of 41, only five have just one or two colors covered, everyone else has at least one color in each cover. Doc Ock and Hood will get theirs once their turn comes up in DDQ this cycle.

The only bad thing is I'm finally running into that ISO drought I always heard about. I had built up a reserve during the anniversary events, but went on a 3* champing binge. I don't think I'll miss out on champing anyone, but I do have a number of underleveled characters right now. I used to have enough ISO that I could max level a character at will, but champs are the priority right now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had already decided that after my push to finish top 10 in MR&G to get the Kate Bishop cover, that I was going to back off for the new character release and just go for progression.

Took the lady out for ice cream yesterday, and then her parents invited me to stay the night so I could attend the local fall/winter parade this morning, so there was no grinding last night for XP.

Get home today, get an event token for placement last night all the same, open it up...

icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png

I am definitely excited to get a 4* from an event token, and even more so that it was a cover I could apply instead of having to sell off (looking at you, icon_thing.pngredflag.png ) but I'm not sure if I want Kingpin's purpleflag.png at 5 in the long run. I have this natural impulse to promote the damage-dealing skills to 5 just in case a character ends up having to solo part/all of a fight, so my first instinct is to 5/3/5 or 5/4/4 Kingpin when the day comes.

On the other hand, the purpleflag.png feeding the yellowflag.png seems like such a natural synergy that maybe I'd do more damage with Kingpin in the long run with a 3/5/5.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Drawing consecutive Peggy covers from my last 2 LTs, looks like she's finally starting to head somewhere at 3/2/4
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    40 minutes of gameplay gave me two War Machine covers (only had one cover before) and three Mystique covers (only had two or three covers before) joining really late in the Punisher PVP.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Not a best moment, really, but funny.

Lightning rounds this week have given me FIVE Bagman covers so far.

At this rate I'm going to have to roster him...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Sold my Invisible Woman for the extra HP. I am now missing a 4-star, but I don't care. The HP will go to roster slots and daily deals of Sim, that has Peggy yellow.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    redflag.pngicon_carnage.png is the progression award in Prodigal Sun! Mine is 5/2/1! I have no urge to play this 7 day event anything beyond completely casual! Woohoo!
  • Alkyoneus
    Alkyoneus Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I started saving CP to open Legendary Tokens in groups. I saved to 100cp, opened 5 Classics, and pulled 3 token_legendary.png !

icon_ironman.pngredflag.png
    icon_captainamerica.pngredflag.png
    icon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.png

I've been having terrible luck drawing Legendaries lately, it felt really nice to get 3/5 even if they weren't the ones I was really looking to get!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Played the 1st lightning round patsies, got a standard token and pulled a Kamala Khan!

eta-And it happened again! icon_lol.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    On my first four taco pulls today, I netted 5K ISO, 3* Bullseye, and 2x 3* Sam Wilson.

And Sam went over 183 today, so that gave me a 4* Sam cover.

Not bad for barely playing much these days.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    I pulled blue and red Silver Surfer cover in the past 2 week.

This brings my SS to 5/4/4. WOOT!!!!!

my first ever max cover 5*! I am so excited!!

now i just need to spend iso to level him from level 270 to 450 and champ him....

A few weeks ago, i pulled 2 SS to max cover my SS.

Soon after that, i pulled a duplicate OML cover but managed to get Cs to swap it. so my OML is champed!

yesterday, i pulled a purple Phx cover, which allows me to champ her!

This means that within a month, i managed to fully cover the 3 oldest 5*! Finally!!!!