Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had 22 CP after my top-10 finish in Strange Sights.

Servers were back up when I got home so I figured I'd play enough to get 3 more CP and pull one last Sanctum Sanctorum token.

It paid off with a drstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png

Overall, won three covers for the 3* Strange from placement, and had enough CP during the event to pull three Sanctum tokens, which yielded me a purpleflag.png and yellowflag.png for the 5* Strange.

Super stoked.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I decided to play some classic puzzle quest yesterday, and it made me realize all the positive changes to the franchise that D3 has made.

Like, match damage for color gems didn't use to be a thing. You'd have to match up mines or skulls to do damage, and everything else was just gathering mana/energy. I can tell you, with those rules, starting out again with almost no powers, it is so very painful to go a dozen rounds without making any progress towards killing your opponent.

So good job D3! You made a change that seems so completely natural that I didn't even notice it until I tried going back to life without it icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Reached SHIELD rank 58 and max champed 2* HT, Storm and Ms Marvel and got one Dr Strange 3* cover. Good day icon_e_smile.gif
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Saved some CP over the past few weeks to have enough for 4 tries at the Strange Vault (+1 from the event). Managed to get a yellowflag.pngdrstrange_icon.png on the last pull!
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I was finally rewarded the purple Falcon cover that I was missing from the Venom event. Thanks guys!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    FINALLY! Day 1094, and I earn my last needed cover for my XFW - he's been 8/4/3 for over a year, and I finally pulled a black surgical strike from a classic legendary tonight. I am a little amused that tomorrow my daily resupply is a black Old Man Logan, which will bring him to a fearsome 2/0/2.

I also champed my finally remaining 3*star holdout - welcome to the cool kids club, Ragnarok! (Doctor Strange notwithstanding - he is a fear-inducing 0/1/0 right now).
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    this *might* be a bit lengthy...

My 4* icon_cyclops.png has been 5/2/5, LVL 250 for awhile - actually selling one red and one blue while waiting for the elusive yellow. My 2* icon_cyclops.png was at LVL 182 with 3 covers in the queue - one expiring tomorrow. The next champ level for the 3* would give a red cover for the 4* (again, not the color I need). A yellow 4* is in my DDQ vault, but I somehow missed the first 2 days of this DDQ cycle (just forgot to play while focusing on Strange), limiting my chances to get it. So today I (of course) don't get the 4* yellow with either of the DDQ tokens...but when I obliterate IMHB in the crash, the resulting legendary yields a 4* yellow!!!. So I champ the 4* (my 8th 4* champion icon_e_biggrin.gif), use the 3 covers in the queue for the 3* (one of which yields a 4* red cover) and get another legendary (another 4* red icon_cyclops.png).
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    CHAMPED MY THREE STAR STRANGE!!!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I've pulled roughly 35 legendary tokens over the last week or so - 19 or 20 from the Sanctum Sanctorum store; 16 more when 5trange dropped into the Latest Legends tokens tonight. Although I didn't pull any of the 5* Strange covers from the SS, none of those pulls were wasted. Tonight, I got 2 blue covers for 5* strange, plus 5* Widow, plus Gwenpoole (all new characters - bye-bye, HP stash), and there were two covers definitely wasted (one for IW, who has 13 covers and isn't on the champion radar any time soon; one for Captain Carter, who is 2/1/5 after the pulls tonight). There's also a Star-Lord cover that I'm not selling yet, since he's 5/2/5.
  • DFiPL
    Azoth658 wrote:

Is Nova the champion reward?
  • DFiPL
    After pulling an unusable icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png from the Crash token, I got a icon_captainamerica.png 2* from the LR, which yielded a Heroic as a champion reward, which yielded a icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.png

I mean, obviously I'd rather have had TWO usable 4* covers, but getting a usable cover from an unexpected source salves the wound a little bit from the Crash token.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

Is Nova the champion reward?

Yes yellow being the first cover
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    After pulling an unusable icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png from the Crash token, I got a icon_captainamerica.png 2* from the LR, which yielded a Heroic as a champion reward, which yielded a icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.png

I mean, obviously I'd rather have had TWO usable 4* covers, but getting a usable cover from an unexpected source salves the wound a little bit from the Crash token.

Sweet. I managed to sell the Kate Bishop cover while trying to clean up my queue.

Because this day has been SO **** FANTASTIC already that I just needed that.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Finally championed also my Quicksilver with 3 additional covers
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    fanghoul wrote:
    I decided to play some classic puzzle quest yesterday, and it made me realize all the positive changes to the franchise that D3 has made.

Like, match damage for color gems didn't use to be a thing. You'd have to match up mines or skulls to do damage, and everything else was just gathering mana/energy. I can tell you, with those rules, starting out again with almost no powers, it is so very painful to go a dozen rounds without making any progress towards killing your opponent.

So good job D3! You made a change that seems so completely natural that I didn't even notice it until I tried going back to life without it icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm going to add another item to this list. I've been replaying Puzzle Quest Galatrix, which is in many ways my favorite puzzle quest, but can't help but notice that whereas D3 has diminishing returns on crazy chains, Galatrix actually applies a multiplier so you can take up to 3x damage per match icon_eek.gif

So again, happy that D3 made a better choice there.
  • DFiPL
    Played Deadpool vs MPQ essentially only with the X-23 progression in mind. Didn't play 'optimally' for placement even though I could have used the Rogers covers.

Just kinda piddled away at it over each of the two-day subs. Pretty sure I x4'ed everything in the first sub, and I x4'ed everything but the X-23 essential in the second (because by 3 clears of that I was done with Ultron+Ock+Carnage).

Noticed at that point that, oh look, I still had a path to max progression.

So I greenchecked the trivials, greenchecked the Strange and Daken essentials, greenchecked the loaner node, and that got me to max progression.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I survived Red Hulk-week without even missing a single 4*-progression reward in PVP. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    I love using Juggernaut against these low level dorks. It just feels so satisfying.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just discovered Starlord and Iron Fist. 3ap punches icon_e_surprised.gif
  • DFiPL
    CT1888 wrote:
    I just discovered Starlord and Iron Fist. 3ap punches icon_e_surprised.gif

When it works, Star-Lord + IM40 + Human Torch is a thing of unholy beauty.