Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    A couple of days after my complaint about not drawing a single teen Jean cover in 6 months, I found a solitary jean cover lying in my newest ddq vault. Had 220 tokens, so I thought I might as well try my luck. Drew it in less than 25 tries, I was expecting to blow my whole stash without getting it given my rotten luck with her.

Now finally at 2/4/3 after being stagnant for the longest time. Still a long way, but hey, progress is still progress.

Meanwhile, the draws from that vault also gave me a 3*Thor cover that led into... a RHulk cover. That's another win, it's basically two 4* covers in less than 25 attempts

EDIT: I made the random decision to try for the LT seeing I still have so many tokens from the current vault. Took me just 9 tokens to get it. My reward? A second RHulk cover in less than a day. Now at 4/4/3, just 2 more to go.

That's three top tier 4* covers from just less than 35 covers, and 2 of them direct from token draws. Pretty unbelievable luck
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Reaching level far beyond my last time in The Gauntlet and discovering new awesome teams!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    After five failures, I beat Simulation 42. That felt real good.
  • JeffCascadian
    Now I can proudly say that I've completed The Gauntlet for the first time. Thank you, Mr. Wade Wilson and all of your whales.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Beat Sim 42 in Gauntlet using good old winfinite icon_e_smile.gif

The CP earned gave me enough for a classic LT, which gave me redflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png I now might actually have a shot at her clash of the Titans matchup, which would get me through the 3rd cycle with only one loss ( icon_mrfantastic.png )
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished top 100 in Deadpool vs Heroes. The 3500 ISO, 200 HP and 2 CP had me feeling pretty good as-is, but the token turned into icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png . A few minutes after that, I reached the 4* progression for the icon_venom.pnggreenflag.png .

Good start to the day.
  • mckauhu
    I also managed to beat The Gauntlet for the first time ever! Major help was Deadpool with his whales occasionally but maybe just about 4 times in whole Gauntlet run. Meanwhile found great teams that actually could beat nodes without whales. Last node I tried about 3 times before telling to myself "screw it, I'm giving up now"... But I didn't! I decided to try for the final time when there was only 11 minutes left to beat The Gauntlet, and managed to finally win by stunning Peggy so that her passive got negated and got then all those precious AP to fire off powers killing off Deadpool first, then Peggy and finally Blackbolt.

Highly satisfying that got also Venom for the efforts icon_e_smile.gif He is now with 3 yellowflag.png
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I managed to get more than 1.000 pts in "KRAKADOOM" which gave me as reward the long-desired 13th cover for my Hulkbuster. He is ready to champion now! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    Black Duke wrote:
    I managed to get more than 1.000 pts in "KRAKADOOM" which gave me as reward the long-desired 13th cover for my Hulkbuster. He is ready to champion now! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Just in time for a HB in the next progression!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Prof X blueflag.png from a Heroic token the other day (now 5/3/3/).
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    RNG finally decided to stop trolling me with extra blues for my 3/5/4 Nick Fury and gave me a yellowflag.png with CP today! My patience on trying to cover other 4*s has worn too thin, so I think I'm going to make him my second 4* champion. Woo hoo!
  • JeffCascadian
    I scored over 1800 in PVP Simulator, my personal best.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Top 8 in Season yayyyy!
  • mckauhu
    Opened some standard tokens and after around 10, got icon_hulk.png cover. Then opened 3 heroic tokens and got icon_redhulk.pngpurpletile.png . Then opened the Gauntlet token and got finally my 13th cover of Patch! And finally opened 2x20CP and got purpletile.pngicon_greengoblin.png and redtile.pngicon_carnage.png !!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Achieving Top 50 in Season for the first time in 1.5 years, the last time probably was between Feb to May last year IIRC, before Simulator started giving 4*s at 2k points. Not to mention my first time achieving anything above top 500 since that period as well. Starting late thanks to my vacation definitely helped with that.

Three 3*s and two 4*s from the 10 pack, would have called it a good haul if it wasn't for the fact that one of the 4*s was a Bagtastic blackflag.png which was already maxed. Got a 4hor blueflag.png from it though, exactly the cover I needed to max her out, so that's still a win.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion wrote:
    Achieving Top 50 in Season for the first time in 1.5 years, the last time probably was between Feb to May last year IIRC, before Simulator started giving 4*s at 2k points. Not to mention my first time achieving anything above top 500 since that period as well. Starting late thanks to my vacation definitely helped with that.

Three 3*s and two 4*s from the 10 pack, would have called it a good haul if it wasn't for the fact that one of the 4*s was a Bagtastic blackflag.png which was already maxed. Got a 4hor blueflag.png from it though, exactly the cover I needed to max her out, so that's still a win.
    With the announcement of 4* rework coming later today, you may feel differently about Mr Fantastic soon. The fact that he is the prize in Hearts of Darkness certainly implies the devs want him in the spotlight at least.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I green checkmarked the entire Gauntlet this time around.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    In order to pull a OBW-cover for "Hearts of darkness" from the Taco-vault I pulled a icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png. This cover has finally enabled me to get through the "Crash of the titans" against Miles. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    Between the actual placement rewards and champion rewards achieved as a result, my top 50 placements in both Deadpool vs Villains and the overall Deadpool vs MPQ yielded:

9250 ISO, 350 HP, 5 CP.

The ISO put me over the top to raise FalCap to his current ceiling of 168 (my first 4* above 166!) and left me with about 12k in the bank.

I'll wait until I see what the rebalance news looks like before I decide who gets the next ISO infusion, but that was a tasty bit of placement rewards for an event that I only expected to get the Venom cover from.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Was able to pull out a 4th place finish in the DP event to snag me 2 Hulkbuster covers which takes mine up to 298. I should get the one from the next progression in HoD, to put him at 299.

I can't wait to get that last cover to have my first 4* at 300.