Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Debatably the best, but I was nonetheless amused that right now I'm sitting on 1,234,560 iso.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Between yesterday and today I made two attempts to get to 2000 points in Shield Simulator. Each time I fell short, the first time because I ran out of health packs, and the second time because I needed to go to work and couldn't make it past 1950 without getting hit back to 1800.

So I tried again at lunch break. It was looking likely that I would fail again, struggling around 1850 to 1950 and just a few minutes left until I had to get back to work and I didn't have any health packs left.

Then I made it! And at the same time I hit 4000 PvP points for the season, which yielded icon_iceman.pngpurpleflag.png , two 3* champion levels ( icon_storm.png, icon_shehulk.png), my 13th icon_blade.png cover (immediately championed!) and five 2* champion levels! I only had to sell 1 2* cover.

It was a struggle but I got the wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png, my second icon_iceman.png cover and a bunch of cool stuff to go with it. I've never opened a Heroic 10-pack this generous. Yay!
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    3 LT pulls this am... two widows and a banner...
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Opened one heroic token and got Kamala Khan. Opened iso-8 bortherhood token twice and got yet another 2x Kamala Khans! --> added them all to my champed Kamala.

Champed also my Scarlet Witch and having now my second "winfinite" team up and running icon_e_smile.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Two events tie today:

1. This morning, while the Grasshopper was at his jr high cross country meet and the Munchkin was playing Minecraft as I worked on meal plan & grocery list for the rest of this week, Demiurge_Anthony was on the Discord server. Yesterday, he'd let the Discord channel know that he'd be updating the SCL forum post & FAQ on Monday, and wanted to know what we wanted to know. Questions trickled in over the day, and he happened to be around this morning answering them just as I was doing that necessary piece of housekeeping. As it worked out, I effectively had this private Q&A with him about the rewards that go with different SCL tiers.

2. After the Shield Rank launch a couple weeks back, I resubscribed to VIP as a thank you for the smooth launch and really high quantity of ISO received. Today was the legendary token that popped because of it. I let the Grasshopper open the token because he got really interested in MPQ when we were at Gen Con. He pulled a icon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.png .
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Last night's real-life MPQ cascade effect:

Finished T50 in ISO-8 Brotherhood, which gave me 3 covers for 3* Mags, allowing me to champ him. Figured that would push up my MMR anyway, so I decided to champ GSBW. (Wow, BTW.) That helped me progress in SHIELD Sim to hit 4K for the season, giving me my heroic 10-pack. 10-pack had 7 3* & 3 2*, and I was able to use all except for icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png & icon_daredevil.pngredflag.png . Also pulled a icon_gamora.pngredflag.png so that I could champ her and apply a blackflag.png that was expiring hours later. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I was slowly working through The Gauntlet: Alpine Tactics with a battered roster, I eventually reached Simulation 25 against Jugg, 3* Thor and MBW. It may not be the best team but I was running out of options so I chose 3* Cap, Hulk and Doom to face against them. The match went very unexpectedly, every time MBW launched her blue it always hit Hulk, so Cap and Doom were taking all the hits while the tank was sitting in the back asleep. In the end, the match was reduced to a one vs. one between Hulk and MBW, it's been so long since I've faced her I'd forgotten how useful her powers are. She would launch her blue, farm up her colours, steal mine and after I have one turn she fires her blue again. So not only am I involved in the fight for about 10% of the time, when I am involved all I can do is try to farm green or red knowing that some of it will be stolen during the long stun time. This was very frustrating at first, this fight was starting to hit ten minutes and the only reason it lasted this long was because of the one point match damage from a single remaining shield from a Sentinel of Liberty. Eventually that yellow shield was matched but fortunately, blue tiles were sparse, unfortunately, the green tiles were spread out very thin and MBW's matches were starting to make some serious dents. I was lucky in scooping up some blue matches as I knew another Sting would have been lethal, I had a couple of lucky red matches which made Hulk Smash available, MBW made another green match which took the board to have fewer than ten, thankfully that meant I could make the last move of the game.

Initially, this was very frustrating, but as time went on I was finding it more and more amusing that a 1* with no offensive powers was completely dominating Hulk pretty much throughout the whole fight.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally pulled a icon_nova.png ! From my first Gauntlet token.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a toss up between getting my 4th green RHulk cover and the fun of boosted Antman in Gauntlet. One shot kills, yeah!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first taco of the day turned into a Heroic chain that ended with a Winter Soldier cover, his sixth.
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Just got 1 ms.marvel and 5xblack 2star bullseye from seed teams in LR. I championed bullseye yesterday and only have 2star roster
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between yesterday and today, both Iceman and RHulk have reached 12 covers each. Almost there!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet node with level 431 Fist/Cage/Blade. 3 special tile generators calls for Champed Ant-Man with 5 blue!

Drop a steal tile and watch him convert overscaled Attack and Protect tiles every turn, along with the occasional Blade Strike tile. Most fun I've ever had on sub 3 of a Gauntlet without involving falling Whales.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Just beat Global Domination without spending Deadpool Points.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat the Crash today with my level 78 Nova 1/3/1. Boosted +2 y/r +100% all match + 50% y/r. Only my third crash victory.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I looked at this new progression thing, and found out I can finally FINALLY get a green venom. Since he was sitting at 0/4/3. I thought he was going to join the forever list of star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I have, never gotten pulled a green cover of.

IW 5/5/2 (Daily reward, and a random T1 placement.)
    Iceman 0/1/4
    Punisher Max 3/0/2
    Howard 0/4/4
    Dino 0/4/5
    Thing 4/4/0
    Rulk 2/0/4
    WarM 1/1/0

I suppose I should thank my lucky stars that Jean filled her Green to 5 before any other color. And curiously X-23 is 5/0/0. But seriously. Green Four star covers just never show up... or they're X-force. Cause I need more X-force.

But i can get a green Venom!
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    revskip wrote:
    Beat the Crash today with my level 78 Nova 1/3/1. Boosted +2 y/r +100% all match + 50% y/r. Only my third crash victory.

If you have not yet already, you should throw that into the thread about low level crash wins. That's really impressive.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I was making my mad dash to get 2K in the Simulator for the Blue Wasp Cover. I was on my last match to get me over the threshold, and I went in with Switch, 3* DP and Hood, planning and doing a super whale to get it over with vs some champed 4* team (the only one I remember was Cyke). I got enough purple AP, hit the Whales! Whales! Whales! and bam, the whale drops. Wait! Why didn't I get the "Push Me" button to super whale? Tinykitty! I super-whaled too many times in the gauntlet and one other recent Simulator match and I don't have enough points! Somehow, though, I got off 2 more whales without the enemy firing an ability and I won, and got my Wasp cover. What a rush...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat the Panther essential tree in Global Domination, giving me enough points for the Thor progression cover, which got him to level 183, giving me

icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png

He's still just 4/1/2, but every (non-red!) cover helps...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent yesterday and today zeroing out some of the lower-cost 4* who needed training. Didn't make a significant dent in my 4* ISO needs, but it cut by 1/3 the number of 4* who needed ISO at all.

Of the remaining dozen, about half can be zeroed with a week or less of just DDQ play (never mind anything else).

The high-cover cats will still take a while as they're hanging out between 81k and 193k each, but that's all right.