Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    The AI didn't even get a chance to make a move in Dat Required Character. Due to several Match 5's, cascades and using Mjolnir's Might, first Deadpool went down, then Human Torch and finally Spider-Man, all without them getting to make a move. I don't think I've ever had that happen before. And the cover from The Big Enchilada added to my Lazy Thor champ level, which was good for 50 HP.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woke up and was surprised to get two more Deadpool vs MPQ tokens from the devs.
    Opened them and got a icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png. I admit I would have prefered the icon_katebishop.png that was also in there, but I am very happy about another 4* champion level.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Woke up and was surprised to get two more Deadpool vs MPQ tokens from the devs.
    Opened them and got a icon_nova.pngyellowflag.png. I admit I would have prefered the icon_katebishop.png that was also in there, but I am very happy about another 4* champion level.

I don't have any champion 4* yet (and for sure not on mobile) but I had a similar reaction to mobile getting those tokens. I would have preferred the Peggy cover but even though I'm not a fan of Carnage it was hard to argue with getting a 4* from a free token.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those tokens and iso from the Devs were fantastic. Gave me enough iso to take Iceman (who didn't get hit by the nerf bat, despite all the fears) to 270. Brilliant. Thanks Devs!
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I received 2 HoD tokens thanks to the waves nodes in first sub.
    First token gave me purpleflag.pngicon_drax.png , making him 4/4/4
    Second token gave me blackflag.pngicon_ironman.png IMHB, champ lvl.

Great first day of the event!
    Now I'm expecting to receive only 2* from the vault!
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Champed my second last 3*, Wolverine Patch. Now just Quicksilver to go and I still ignore Vision, Dock Ock, Ragnarok and Sentry... For now at least.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    mckauhu wrote:
    Champed my second last 3*, Wolverine Patch. Now just Quicksilver to go and I still ignore Vision, Dock Ock, Ragnarok and Sentry... For now at least.

Three of the four that you're ignoring are the only three-stars I don't have Champion'd yet.

Vision and Doctor Octopus are both very good.

The problem with Vision is that he needs to be doing the match damage for his powers to be optimum. I don't have him fully covered, though! He'd already be a Champion but he's stuck at 5/5/2. That's OK. We'll be receiving a yellow cover for him from DDQ soon. (I have the same problem with Ragnarok but it's more understandable since I only even bothered to roster him a few months ago.)

Doc Ock is an anti-minion machine. Don't underestimate Otto. I play him at 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 depending on who he's teamed with.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu wrote:

Three of the four that you're ignoring are the only three-stars I don't have Champion'd yet.

Vision and Doctor Octopus are both very good.

The problem with Vision is that he needs to be doing the match damage for his powers to be optimum. I don't have him fully covered, though! He'd already be a Champion but he's stuck at 5/5/2. That's OK. We'll be receiving a yellow cover for him from DDQ soon. (I have the same problem with Ragnarok but it's more understandable since I only even bothered to roster him a few months ago.)

Doc Ock is an anti-minion machine. Don't underestimate Otto. I play him at 3/5/5 or 5/5/3 depending on who he's teamed with.

Good points. The reason why I ignore them is they are not 4-stars. Also I find Vision hard to use and not dependant in PvP. Otto might indeed be great vs tile creators though. Of those, Vision is the next I could consider rostering, but the way things are now in my roster, I don't need them.

edit: btw for some reason it denies me giving you reputation icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    mckauhu wrote:
    Also I find Vision hard to use and not dependant in PvP.

Pair him with Kamala and Quicksilver. It's a rather great combination.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having a pretty good run on event & elite tokens tonight.

Elite tokens: 3x 3* (Cage, Storm, Quicksilver)
    DP vs MPQ tokens: 1x 3* (Sam Wilson)
    HoD tokens: 3x 3* (Beast, Storm, Colossus) and the LT! (I had 5x tokens from the last vault run of this event)

The LT: ... icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png

Well, so much for that luck icon_razz.gif
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    The LT: ... icon_mrfantastic.pngyellowflag.png

Well, so much for that luck icon_razz.gif

Maybe he'll get buffed. icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    The return of this.
    ▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I've achieved S.H.I.E.L.D. rank 56 and Champion'd Ragnarok this morning*. That's a nice start to the day.

*Only two three-stars to go!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    After this morning's DDQ, my 3* Iron Man is sitting on 3/4/5; Hawkeye needs one cover to reach champion level 127 and to cough up an icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png . That will put all 39 of my 3* at 13 covers, and leave me with 8 3* yet to reach champion status.

I've been taking a break from the 3*, but I can take a break from the break for Iron Man's sake.
  • aura
    aura Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I now have 3* Cyclops at 444. Any color will do!

That's much better than my 2* Storm that was at 525 forever because I kept getting green, green, and more green.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Post Hearts of Darkness reward cascade led to Kingpin black. And, two consecutive 4* pulls from the vault yesterday - legendary token and Elektra red. Mine is 3/4/5, so I'm not selling it yet in case I pull a cover that would let me promote her.
  • mckauhu
    Got SHIELD rank level, now 53 22,500 iso-8 and throughout this Heart of Darkness -event Hulkbusters. First redtile.png with progression (making my IMHB at 5/2/5) then today from HoD token that final blacktile.png needed to max cover him! And in top of that got another blacktile.png from levelling Ironfist! So for me too champion IMHB coming up in a few days (lucky that I didn't use all of the iso-8 stash right from the beginning)

Also got Jean Grey bluetile.png from Heroic token

A good day icon_e_smile.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Slacked off on the HoD PVE and only made top 100 for Elite tokens. Squirrel Girl was not to be denied though because one of those elites was one of her covers. Made me laugh.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I've had maybe the most epic 24 hours of my MPQ career:

- Yesterday, I barely completed all my final clears of all the wave nodes in HoD sub 2 with 6 minutes to go. Maybe that timing worked to my advantage, and got my first ever first-place finish in a PVE sub.

- With that remaining 6 minutes, I was able to find a PvP match worth 55 points in the closing minutes of Divine Champions, and beat it with 30 seconds left to push myself to an ultra-rare 1000+ finish and the 4* reward.

- Today, I was again able to finish all my PVE clears with a few minutes to go, finished 3rd for the sub, and got my first-ever overall first-place finish in Hearts of Darkness.

The haul from all this was amazing, with extra pulls from the PVE vault triggering champion rewards at 183:

3*: icon_daken.pngicon_vision.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_squirrelgirl.pngicon_squirrelgirl.png
    4*: icon_jeangrey.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_x23.pngicon_drax.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngicon_mrfantastic.png

Wheeee!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been in a sweet spot lately where finally most of my 3* farming is pulling a harvest. While this is great in the last 2-3 weeks I've gone up like 8 3* champions, it's coming to a point where it's a real struggle to get the ISO to champ a 3* before their next cover slips away.

Here's where the good comes in. I was in a quandry recently where I had 3 characters to chose between championing:
    - Daredevil (would have required buying a cover with CP, easy one to sell)
    - Punisher (yes he's not that great of a character, but I had literally 7 covers waiting for him)
    - Steve Rogers

So it was really between Punisher and Cap. Cap is certainly the better and more likely to be used character, but it's hard to sell oh well to selling 7 covers, regardless who it is. Punisher also was going to be the first to expire (well the first of his 7 was first). I ultimately decided to champion Punisher, but hope againist hope that I got the ISO to 40 to champ cap in 5 days icon_eek.gif I figured it wasn't going to happen and I'd sell him. Finally it was coming down the last day and I was sitting at 70k ISO, not half as much ISO, but I had a 2* magneto that was 2 covers away from champ. I knew if I could champ and sell him I could save this cover and I lucked out and was able to do it!

25/40 champs, on deck;
    - Blade cover with 11d 20h (13 covers level 40)
    - 3x Mystique with 13d 15-17h (13 covers level 40)
    - Vision (from DDQ on 9/27) (13 covers level 40)

Let's keep this ball rolling!