Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's been a good day for token pulls. It's my first day back in my normal routine after a week-long family emergency and MPQ has made a nice distraction from real life now that there's time for it again, but I missed the entire Wasp debut PvE. Jumped into The Hunt for the final day, got to 10K points, pulled a token, got Iron Fist. Figured "what the heck" and bought a daily deal.... wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.png! Heck yeah.

But wait, there's more! A taco token popped star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_punisher.pngblackflag.png, bringing him to 2/3/5. Good day indeed.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Later today I will get a Devil Dinosaur in the SHIELD Resupply. When I first rostered him during the last anniversary, I leveled him up to 91, but then they "normalized" the ISO-8 needed to level him, so he's stuck at level 90 and 2/3. While I don't claim to have OCD, I feel very uncomfortable every time I look at his XP bar. Now I can finally level him up.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Later today I will get a Devil Dinosaur in the SHIELD Resupply. When I first rostered him during the last anniversary, I leveled him up to 91, but then they "normalized" the ISO-8 needed to level him, so he's stuck at level 90 and 2/3. While I don't claim to have OCD, I feel very uncomfortable every time I look at his XP bar. Now I can finally level him up.

I hate to be the bearer of "bad" news, but I believe that when they normalized Devil Dinosaur's cost, they made it so you get a certain amount of free xp every level to account for the previously-reduced leveling cost, so until you max him you'll always have some fraction with each new level. At least that's how it appears with my DD every time I've leveled him.

As for my best moment today, the last token I received from this round of DDQ gave me the elusive star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png. She's now 3/1/1. Baby steps in my 3-->4 progression, but I'll take it.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I had over 180 CP burning a hole in my pocket and decided to pull 9 classic legendary tokens (@ 20 CP); Pulled 5 5* covers: BSSM green, GG black, Surfer blue, Phoenix green (my 6th green for her) and red. The 4*s pulled were IW yellow, 4*pool black; winter soldier (needed cover, I forget which), and iceman purple (added to champ level). I decided from now on I should try to save at least that many CP before opening more legendary tokens. I know RNG and all but confirmation bias is telling me that opening them one at a time or trading in CP as soon as I get 20 has not been working like this for me. My extra phoenix cover is going to be sold. I'm one of those 5* softcappers (@ lvl 330) so I'm not planning on champing them for a while.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't think my Iceman would have a shot at the Crash today, but he won, getting Deadpool his 7th cover.

I get another token from VIP in about three hours, so more good times to look forward to.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Holy frozen hero! I beat Crash on my first try with my level 94 3/2/2 icon_iceman.png . I did put +50% damage to all colors but it still surprised me to win that easily.

The token_legendary.png gave me a icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png bringing him to 5/3/2.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I'm only a 98 day player, so champed 2*s with 3*s on the way up. Got to "Hulk Sighting: Greenland V" in the second Hulk sub and saw it was two spies and Ares. I happen to have Quake with only 2 yellow covers. That and the fact she was boosted meant she would remove team damage up to 908!

I haven't that much fun/easy go of a harder node yet.
  • DFiPL
    The Hulk event token I got at the 12500 progression reward pulled the Ghost Rider black cover from the vault, raising him to 2/2/4 for me.

The other 4* cover options: Invisible Woman greenflag.png and XFW yellowflag.png .

I could legitimately have used any of the three, but getting to Penance Stare 4 was definitely my preferred outcome.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    The Hulk event token I got at the 12500 progression reward pulled the Ghost Rider black cover from the vault, raising him to 2/2/4 for me.

The other 4* cover options: Invisible Woman greenflag.png and XFW yellowflag.png .

I could legitimately have used any of the three, but getting to Penance Stare 4 was definitely my preferred outcome.

And the placement token for the just-concluded sub got me that greenflag.png .

Four tokens (three placement, one progression), and two 4* covers from those four.

Whatever one's feelings on Invisible Woman as a character, I can have zero complaints about getting two 4* covers from four pulls.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been pulling Hulk token dailies for the whole event. I've mostly pulled Moonstone.

Today, a hammer. Oh, ****. Another useless 2* Thor.

Nope! Blue 4* Thor!

Double bonus - I'm 1 away from being viable to champ her (I have 3* Storm at 182), AND I don't feel compelled to buy from this vault anymore. Time to save up HP so I can roster whomever deigns to appear on my doorstep next.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit 1K in PVP for the first time yesterday! Praise be to IM40 and Iceman! And apologies to anyone I double-tapped, I was in a bit of a frenzy of disbelief to keep track of names.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Champ'd icon_peggycarter.png , making her my first star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png champion.
  • DFiPL
    Keegan wrote:
    Champ'd icon_peggycarter.png , making her my first star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png champion.

I hate you and everything you stand for.

okay not really but i want to whack your leprechaun over the head and steal his Peggy-cover-getting magic for my very own
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    Calnexin wrote:
    I've been pulling Hulk token dailies for the whole event. I've mostly pulled Moonstone.

Today, a hammer. Oh, ****. Another useless 2* Thor.

Nope! Blue 4* Thor!

Double bonus - I'm 1 away from being viable to champ her (I have 3* Storm at 182), AND I don't feel compelled to buy from this vault anymore. Time to save up HP so I can roster whomever deigns to appear on my doorstep next.

I envy you so much. I pulled the LT from the vault yesterday. Got a red she-thor cover... she is already 5-4-0. I need blue. Not another red for her...
  • DFiPL
    Champ'ed DD tonight. Not knowing what's going to happen with IM/Cap when Black Bolt joins the Latest tokens, I figured I'd take one more whack at getting an IM or Cap cover instead of holding the token.

Got Cap blueflag.png and now am 1/1/1, making him my first three-cover 5*.

I don't care if you think he's slow and bad and dumb because he isn't OML. He's a 5* I could actually max cover at some point now, even if it means not spending any command points for 7.5 years.

IT'S REAL TO ME
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I`ve got lucky to pull the last two JG-cover I`ve needed, so I was able to champion her with Lady Thor. After 447 days of playing MPQ they`re my first two 4*-champions! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Heroic 10-Packs are so much better when your 2* farm is set up! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My Cyclops got hulkbuster punched down to 1 hp today in the CotT, then on my turn, the game gave me a match 5 into a cascade to finish off the last 300 health he had left.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    When a match in star fall pvp comes down to my opponents sentry and my hulk buster and both of us are down to like 35 hp and it's his turn but instead of finishing me off he uses sacrifice and commits suicide hahaha.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Win #1: got a top 10 finish in the Hulk PVE, a rarity for me. I usually finish 20-30th, and got my 9th Punisher for my effort, way ahead of my typical curve for newer 4*s.

Win #2: I was on the fence as to whether I should champ Colossus or not, but with 8 covers in my queue, I figured I might as well. With my legendary token, got my 11th Rulk cover, just in time for his upcoming Crash.

Oh, and today's my birthday. Woot!