Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    CT1888 wrote:
    I got nuked by 3 max championed 5*s in Black Vortex today.

I take this as a badge of pride that my roster is now strong enough that it shows up on his radar icon_e_biggrin.gif

The novelty wears off. icon_lol.gif
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Getting a blueflag.pngicon_wintersoldier.png from a Hulk PVE token icon_cool.gif
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    The Hulk PvE started out as a worst moment of the week, getting the Crit boost on almost all difficult nodes on the first (or within 3) tries, CP/500/250 Iso almost all still in there with 4/7 prizes attained... And I'm not much of a grind player.

On the last sub though, first playthrough: 2 CP's, check! Some 500/250 Iso, check! Second play: even more 500/250 Iso! Finally, a little bit of luck... happy times. Hulk event is still a bit of a slog, but at least it's ending on a high note.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, had to come here. Just finished 14th in my slice of the Hulk event. Best PVE finish ever!! Really looking forward to using Winter Soldier!!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Finished 106 in The Hulk and got Vision, the last character I needed to complete my round of Civil War. Had to stay up until 23:30 to receive the rewards while the round was still there (I have to wake up at 4:30), but those 20000 or so points will probably be critical later.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Slightly late for this, but I possibly got my best haul from PVE tokens in the Hulk PVE. First 5 covers are all 3*s covers for championed characters, and the last gave me a HB. Was just 3 tokens away from a perfect draw, but hey I can't complain about this kind of draw rate.

On a more recent note, just got promoted to commander in my alliance just before the start of Civil War. It was unexpected but it feels pretty nice.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    The Mystique that Deadpool gave me today, made 183 for her. That dropped the final blue Iceman I was needing for some extra levels and punching from him.

And while I didn't get a great drop from the Civil War legendary token, the Starlord red I got was at least needed.

Also, I have a few IMHB sitting in my queue if I can get him maxxed in the next 2 weeks.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Some members changed sides after we got the third (really needed) Hulkbuster cover. They completed first round of Team Cap and I got a token too. Pulled Winter Soldier.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Jumped into s5 of BoP last night with about an hour to go and took 15th for a couple Hood champ covers.

While that was pretty cool, by far the most fun was seeing all the special tile generating teams - Patch, 2* Wolvie, 2* Bullseye, 3* Falcon, Daken... it was a smorgasbord! I had a ton of fun running Doc Ock, Squirrel Girl, and 3* Thor to punish them all. Nice to get to have a little fun instead of having to rely on just a few powerhouse characters.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Hulkbuster was a 4/4/2 before starting Civil War, and my alliance decided to go team Iron Man. We just finished round seven, so I am now the proud owner of a 5/5/3 Hulkbuster! Day 919 and I have my second fully-covered four-star. It's interesting that I now have one of the best and one of the worst fully covered - Invisible Woman and Hulkbuster.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Between some lucky pulls, the 3 covers from Civil War, and some legendary tokens, i've received in the last week or so):

* Mark 46 red (from the round 6 LT pull)
    * Flaptain Yellow (random heroic token pull)
    * all 3 Hulkbuster covers (the blue was useless to me, but I'm now 3/3/5)
    * Elektra red (daily resupply)
    * Miles yellow (now 1/3/2)
    * 4* Cyclops blue (random reward someplace - I think off a Heroic token received for a champion level)
    * The Winter Soldier red cover for placing well in a soft PVE bracket
    * Punisher MAX black from Sheild Sim 2k reward
    * Punisher MAX blue as a random drop someplace

All in all, a pretty good week.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Managing to claw my way to 2nd place in The Hulk PvE. I was rather content with T10 but I saw myself slowly inching up and went full swing. A week of minimal socializing well spent

As an added bonus, my point total is only 4 points above number 3. Could've easily gone the other way had I sat and twiddled my thumbs while I was in 2nd place with 100 points ahead at 5 minutes left. The last 2 easy nodes at 15 points each snagged me that small margin I needed

P.S. Sorry, to the poor fella I snatched no.2 from, you put up a good fight, that last grind was quite an adrenaline rush
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    A Standard Token related story. icon_e_smile.gif

I participate in the "50 Token Club" which has made opening standard tokens a bit more fun for me. I wait until I get up to 50 and then open until I get a gold cover or they're all gone.

On Friday Civil War started and we started Team Cap and people were having good luck with their SWitches. Mine was sitting at 3/3/2 and not able to do that much. I got to the SWitch Blue cover progression relatively soon and then looked at my less than 50 standard tokens and figured "What the heck? I'll open them just in case..."

First token: icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png

EXACTLY what I was hoping for!
    I decided to keep opening them and 22 pulls later I got a icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png to bring him to 5/3/5.
    I was quite thrilled.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    With gauntlet scaling ridiculous, I decided not to bang my head against the wall for the second gauntlet after slogging/cursing my way through the first. So bad MPQ moment of the day but turns into a good day as my niece (who has given up on gauntlet as well) and I are playing Lego Marvel super heroes instead. Having boatloads more fun. This is the only positive I can find which is obviously sad.
  • Jeffxm003
    Jeffxm003 Posts: 12
    Accidentally created a potential superteam...was getting desperate on the gauntlet and just tried these guys for **** and giggles

Loki(powered up by event, currently 156 lvl working to max): 5/3/5
    Patch lvl 169 5/3/5
    Falcon lvl 168 5/5/3

Great combo as Patch creates a ton of strike tiles and loki steals em all! then falcon reinforces reinforces reinforces...oh yeah that redwing aint to shabby either
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    My IM vault was stupid amazing, but the highlight:

icon_professorx.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png

From the IM vault token_legendary.png: icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Decided to farm some iso and hp from the cold war pve, was sat at around 300pts with about 3hrs to go, made the climb to 650 for the token (with then intention of stopping there) pulled a purpleflag.pngicon_wintersoldier.png from the token (1/1/1) so thought I would do a few more rounds to get the 50 imcoin.png ended up with 932 pts and that was enough for 1st place...my very first 1st place in pvp icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Opening my final Bucky PVP token to that blinking gold icon for another blue Bucky cover to make mine 0/3/2. Would have liked a purple but not going to complain about getting a non 2* reward from a token.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Hit my first ever 1,000 in PvP during Cold War, thanks to an 8hr shield, a 75-point cupcake from some fellow I waited on (I want to thank you so badly but cannot recall your name!), and a bit of luck with the initial climb using Cage/Fist or Switch/GSBW with the loaner Winter Soldier.
    20160511075901_1.jpg

Hopefully I can replicate similar success during Lord of Thunder.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Getting a redflag.pngicon_spidergwen.png from a taco token icon_cool.gif