Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Got into a late new bracket for s5 with two hours left in the hunt. Grind grind grind and I get my first 4* punisher from the token at 10k. Too tired to grind till the 2am, so I go to sleep in 45th place and wake up to 96 and a duck cover. Reminded me not to play pve competitively, but still got rewards. Win win!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I'm a huge Howard fan so I splurged and bought my first ever 40 pack for the Webbed Wonder vault. Got the LT and an icon_antman.png cover but no Howard or the Xpool cover that would be my 13th. So I popped for the 10 pack and got both! One of the many 3*s I got from the 40 pack was a Human Torch cover to get me the first Thing cover reward that takes him to 13 as well.

Between all that and grinding like a mad man to get 10th in the Hunt I ended up with:

a 4/5/4 4Pool with a cover in my queue to champ him with if I can scrounge the ISO.
    a 5/3/5 Thing that can go on my list of 4*s to start leveling.
    a 1/1/3 Howard to Duck.

Oh and I cracked a few classics earlier in the day and got my 5th OML cover to make him 3/1/1.

Such a crazy weekend.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best thing today is not so much things that happened (LT from a taco! Beat Galactus first time!), but a bit of excitement of what is to come - purple Jean is due in First Avenger, and a chase to 1000 becomes totally worth it, as that would take mine to 535, then Hulkbuster and Iron Fist are up in the boosted characters (yes, lots of people will be running that combo, but it's the first time Hulkbuster has been boosted since I maxed him, and I'm really looking forward to being one of those folk stomping about with Fistbuster that I used to glare at jealously).
    Exciting, I tell you!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finished 5th place in The Hunt (my first top 10 finish in a Pve in over six months), so I was happy to earn a 1/1/1 Howard the Duck.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    I've had 3 pretty awesome moments today (at least for me!)

- Won Crash of the Titans today with Ghostrider, with a lot more ease than expected
    - Made it to day 820 today, with blackflag.png OML as the reward icon_e_biggrin.gif He's 2/2/1 now, excited to start leveling him up
    - Got to 1000 in Category 5 today without getting attacked, not sure how that happened, but I'll take it icon_e_smile.gif Right as I was making my move to 1000, I found my first ever cupcake.... Thank you, thank you cupcake maker! The best part of this was the hulkbuster reward - he's now 5/3/4 and I'm excited to start leveling him up while I wait for that 13th cover.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit a personal best initial climb to shield yesterday in Category 5, got to 2054 before my first shield, without having any of the weeks boosted 4*s maxed!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    263 Tacos - Purple Howard, Purple Gwen in there. Might as well pull it.

Got those and the LT with 139 tacos remaining!
    Only pulled to 57 total health packs!

(As opposed to a couple weeks back, where I pulled for Rhulk and didn't get him but had 150 health packs).

Only went for it because I played the end of PVE for a purple Howard and there was another one in the final PVE node - figured a third might give me the smallest chance at DDQ.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hit a personal best initial climb to shield yesterday in Category 5, got to 2054 before my first shield, without having any of the weeks boosted 4*s maxed!

Man, I miss having Line and friends. This kind of thing wouldn't be possible without that.

Even when I was -on- Line I was wishing all battles were anonymous. I haven't hit 1300 since falling off line, outside communication basically essential to do well in the game - despite the Devs saying they don't want you to depend on it.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Watching 9 of my Loki Mischief tiles resolve on the same turn. Heh.

Yeah, it was one of those stupid AI cascades that spawned them, but it was an LR seed team, so no harm done.
  • Malcrof
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Man, I miss having Line and friends. This kind of thing wouldn't be possible without that.

Even when I was -on- Line I was wishing all battles were anonymous. I haven't hit 1300 since falling off line, outside communication basically essential to do well in the game - despite the Devs saying they don't want you to depend on it.

Actually, started very late, and didn't even get to log into line until i was well over 1600, which meant no cupcakes or anything, was very satisfying.. last few hundred were on Line though.
  • Malcrof
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Actually, started very late, and didn't even get to log into line until i was well over 1600, which meant no cupcakes or anything, was very satisfying.. last few hundred were on Line though.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I beat icon_galactus.png with my 1/4/0 icon_ghostrider.png . It took many attempts but I did it. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just did 666 damage with Laken.

Felt so metal.
  • MeatLoafX
    MeatLoafX Posts: 74
    Last LR match, scored the last cover I needed to champ a mediocre 2* (I had 250k ISO and needed something to occupy my time). The token turned into rocket and groot, a character I really enjoy.

Now, we just need to have more lighting rounds!!!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Got to 54K points in Webbed Wonder with less than 2 hours left in the event. The match that put me over gave me a standard character cover as the reward. I opened the cover and it was a pink Grey Suit Black Widow. That was the 13th cover for her and put her at 5/3/5.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been waiting for this for weeks...
    I was ultra cautious, shielding 3/8/3/8/24 before sleeping, one match each time...
    Last night I lined up a 53 point match with a championed 4* Thor. This morning I super whaled it for 60 odd points to leave me 9 short and threw up another shield...
    Taking no chances...
    Attack shortly bounces off the shield...
    40 minutes later I risk it again...
    Super Whales...
    No chances...
    Jean is mine.

5/3/5

HAPPY DANCE!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made 1000 in pvp for the first time. only cost a 24, 8, and 3 hour shield. i can handle that.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just pulled icon_redhulk.pngredflag.png from the Prodigal Sun vault.

Any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png helps!
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Taking out an entire team featuring five star wolverine in a shield sim match in the very first turn. Over 30k damage without the other team even making a move.

Sorry to whoever got curb stomped icon_lol.gif

A screenshot before the old man's inevitable demise at the hands of thor's second call the storm:

poc9l3X.jpg
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Max champed and sold two 2star characters for the first time. Sure, I felt nostalgia at selling Classic Storm, one of my oldest characters, but it was a good ride, and I will probably build another once I max champ the characters that took their place.