Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shielded at 941 points, came back a couple of hours later, skipped one node to refresh it, found a cup cake for 65 points.

Sweet.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Finishing t10 in the final PS sub and t20 overall gave me the last few K of iso needed to champ star.pngstar.pngicon_blackwidow.png , the last two star in my roster to get champ as I move into long, long the three star transition, and got Falcon to 3/1/1 (with one more Yellow to go from Alliance placement, thanks Gr00t family!)

On that note, champed OBW helped me beat the Big Enchilada for the first time, which gave me icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png to go with icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png from the Taco Vault to put him at 2/2/2.

Good MPQ day.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I beat the DDQ challenge today with a 2/0/2 level 106 Cho (and a bunch of match damage boosts) on my second try (and almost won on my first try).

The hands down worst 4* handed a 270 Beast a severe beating, despite being under-covered and under-leveled.

Will load pics later. I still had 2,591 health left.

The LT reward: a needed (lol?) yellow spider-Gwen.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    After two weeks of saving ISO, I champed my first 4* (XFW) because I had an extra cover for him. The LT gave me a blue Quake.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sitting around 1000 pts in the Simulator and figured everyone would be doing the PvE for Drax so I could make the climb to 1700 and get the blue Mags cover I needed.

The top end of my roster is a mix of about 20 2/3*s around L100 so I figured I'd go with Daken/IM40/Thor (alternate between my 2&3*) because Daken/Thor(s) tank for IM40 so I would only need Health packs on the 2 Thors.

Within an hour I'm up to 1400ish and haven't been hit. Another 30 minutes gets me to around 1600 before I start getting the occasional hit. I've only used a couple health packs so far and I'm feeling good about my chances. But once I get over 1600 I stall out. I literally am seeing only teams with 5* which I can't handle or 3/4* teams in the 130+ level range. I get as high as 1670 before I take a few hits and drop down to 1610. Its been 2 1/2 hrs so I decide to take a break, have dinner and watch some NHL playoffs.

I resume around 11 pm EST hoping a lot of players have gone to bed and that I might have better luck lining up matches over 1600. I see I'm down to 1400 points so I figure I have a shot. First few matches are against some ridiculously easy teams (1* IM/Juggy/BW) at L40 for 40 points (how can they be this high?). I quickly jump to 1600 range without taking a hit where once again I stall out. 4 out of 5 matches have a 5* (or multiple 5*) on their roster. I get 2 teams that are in my level range that I can repeatedly find in the skip loop after 10 or so skips so unfortunately I have to pick on the same 2 teams over and over. At the same time I'm getting hit regularly now that I am over 1600. My score continually hovers in the 1620-1660 range. I look up and suddenly realize it's 1:30 in the morning and I've been sitting in the 1600 range for the past 2 hrs spinning my wheels just as I did earlier in the day!

Finally around 2:00 I stop getting hit for 20 minutes and am able to reach 1702 and get the cover. I'm literally exhausted mentally from all the stress of trying to quickly finish matches so I can do another one before I get hit again. I used about 15 health packs (I had 80 saved) which is way more than I expected but I got the cover in what was by far the toughest MPQ marathon yet for me icon_e_biggrin.gif Now those teams I picked on 5-10 times in the last couple of hours are more than welcome to take as much back from me as they can because I'm done with the simulator for the season now.

Note: I don't mind paying the skip tax (I am sure I spent 3-4K in skip tax) because I have 600K ISO. But I absolutely HATE seeing the same 5-10 teams over and over again. The simulator has no bracket so in theory I should be seeing hundreds of viable matches. I have no idea why once I hit 1600 I stopped seeing reasonable teams (I would have been happy with 15 point matches against teams my level or lower). I also wish the game would add an option to have the skip ignore any team with 5* characters.

KGB
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Pulled Cyclops (Classic), from a DPvMPQ pack. After having pulled another from my season 10 pack some days ago, and another last week from the Taco Vault.
    Ten days ago, I didn't have the character, and now I have all three colors. Same happened with Elektra, but legendary tokens were involved, and there are better things to pull there.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Been a good couple of days with PVP event tokens. Got a Miles cover from the Cyc event tokens and a Teen Jean and Nova covers from the Torch event tokens. Just wish I hadn't missed my shield expiring in the HT event. That hurt.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Bought a Heroic token for 100 HP got a Blue Prof X. His first cover for me, have all other 4*'s but him. Bought the 100 HP vault token for the PVE event and got the Yellow Prof X out of there. Now that was some good luck.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit a rare top 25 in a lightning round, and the tokens dropped Beast (champ level) and Nova!
  • CT1888
    Only took me 3 attempts on Drax essential node and 1 attempt on the other to get both Cps in Rescue Mary Jane.
    No more Odd Trio orCarnage + 2xMuscle today, hooray!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hit a rare top 25 in a lightning round, and the tokens dropped Beast (champ level) and Nova!
    Then this afternoon, I won a Heroic token for top 100 and pulled icon_x23.pnggreenflag.png!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Opened my token_event.png and pulled the icon_drax.pngpurpleflag.png cover from my vault. Good way to start the day, maybe it's compensation for having to fight Carnage with 2 muscle goons.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Got the commandpoints.png on the Carnage/Ock/Venom node on the first attempt... no more guaranteed need to fight that hell again!
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Being above KingDreadnaugt in Hulk pve. Waves down at him icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reached 10,000 season progression for the first time.

yellowflag.pngicon_nova.png

greenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png

from the resulting cp.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Hit 1300 in PvP for the first time. It put me at 41 CP so:

icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png

No complaints there.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I`ve hit the 10,000 points in PvP-season for the first time.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Every day I log in and read the forums, and see all about the ISO drought, and how it's so very hard to progress, and how hard it is to cover characters because of RNG. Some days, I then look at my roster and sigh a little, knowing that I'm nowhere close to my goal. None of my 3 stars are max level. I'm missing half of the 4 stars, and more are coming all the time. It can get a little depressing.

I've had a roster/cover tracker on Gamependium for a while, and have been updating it every couple of weeks to a month, and when I updated my roster today, I had a bit of a smile. Since the 19th, I've added...

3 4* covers
    20 3* covers

44 Champion Levels to 2* characters, and
    218 Levels to 3* characters

Just through DDQ, and spending that hour or two a day in PvE. Sure, most if not all of those levels in the 3*s were the sub-120's, so they're "cheap," but in the end, that's a lot of progress in a short window of time, and it made me smile. Progress is possible. I just had to take the step back and see it.
  • CT1888
    I got nuked by 3 max championed 5*s in Black Vortex today.

I take this as a badge of pride that my roster is now strong enough that it shows up on his radar icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    made my first 1300 prior to my first shield in drax. ran im40/ice all the way from about 605 to about 1360. ended with about 1760 using only 2 shields and ended 8th in my bracket. that is by far my most efficient event and its not even close. I thought ice/xp would float higher and I could have probably started higher if I could have fought for a higher float-point (no time), but I can't argue with the result. I've made 2K before but who cares, if I could do this every time, sign me up.

edit: oh, forgot - finished t50 in season pvp for the second time among the vet brackets.