Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• alexnmbc
    alexnmbc Posts: 38
    My 4Thor has had 13 covers, and been sat at 4/4/5 at level 192 for months. She's my only full covered 4*, and the red to re-spec her had no chance of showing up as I've only really been playing the Deadpool Daily for the last few months so figured there was no point saving up any ISO to max her.

Realised that my day 550 resupply was a blue cover and I really didn't want to waste it, so I had 14 days to get 262k iso to max her, and 12.5k to champ just so I didn't throw it away. Starting point: 14k iso.

PVE and the get-all-the-rewards-first-before-20-iso system meant that by hammering the trivial nodes in every sub (which tanked my overall score), I got the ISO I needed with days to spare, maxed her out, champed, respecced to 5/3/5, added the 1 cover for the LT which yielded a 5* Jean Purple.

All in all, pretty damn happy. Used to her to get 1000pts in Earth's Mightiest for the X-23 without using all my health packs and sat unshielded overnight for easy pickings.
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    You got to take the good with the bad.

Bad: Missed out on T5 by 320 pts. Alliance was leapfrogged by #12 team in the last hour to wind up #11.
    Good: Got last Patch cover I needed from a Standard Token of all things!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've traditionally had sucky vault pull luck since they implemented them... but not this season!

I've pulled 3 4* characters (and ones I actually wanted!) and a LT from various vaults this past season. Some of them from the 100 HP deal of the day.

Oh happy days!
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Opened the final sub token from ISO-8 PVE, and got the legendary token reward. Opened the legendary token and got a Green Goblin yellow cover.

Time to buy a lottery ticket icon_razz.gif
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Opened two tokens from the "High Stakes" PvP this morning. Both of them had Iceman covers. Has to be the most statistically unlikely thing to ever happen to me in this game.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Broke 800 for the first time ever in PvP. Felt nice to pick up that extra blade cover.

Honorable mention: I fat fingered the gem on a match five and dragged it into another matching position that was only a match 3. That match cascaded into a match 5 that cascaded leaving a 2nd match five ready on the board. That one I didn't mess up.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was screwing around with a team of Blade/3* Cyclops/Squirrel Girl in the High Stakes PVP and going out of my way to fight 1-3 covered 5*'s for the hell of it. Without trying too hard, I've managed in different fights to down Logan, Phoenix, Surfer and Spider-Man with SG's Nuts From Above. If I can find Goblin in the next hour, this season will be starting on an extremely high note icon_e_smile.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Thieves event a few days ago, the AI didn't get a turn. I got a lucky match-5. Prof-X killed the goon with it. That cascaded enough to kill the next goon. That left another match-5, and Prof-X killed the last one.

Wasn't worth much, but it sure was short!
  • Pulled my first ever 4* from a Heroic token after 800+ days of playing...

DBC
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2016
    First simulator token on the vault...

icon_quake.pnggreenflag.pngicon_eek.gif

Edit: HA! 2nd pull icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png best vault pulls evarr icon_lol.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not playing Simulator for position or anything, so I took Fury, Mystique and 3* Spidey in to fight Rulk, Xfdp and Thor. It was tactical, with careful AP management on my part on when to stun and when to unleash, finished with all three standing with <1/3 health. It was back and forth a couple of times, but enjoyable, and actually more satisfying than the shield hop earlier to get the wolverine cover in Spidey pvp.

It was the most fun I've had in a while in a fight!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    A couple of days ago, I managed to finish top 100 in pve for a quake cover, got my first iceman cover from daily rewards, a RHulk cover from an LT, and the last HB cover I needed to cover max him from a Blade PVP token. 4 usable 4* covers in a single day, i could have exhausted my luck for the entire year.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Championed my first 4* this morning! Nick Fury, the first 4* I ever received--from a standard token in my first month of play-- with less than half an hour left before his cover expired. It took a lot of ISO grinding, but I'm happy I managed it. He may not be a top tier hero, but he's still no joke. icon_miles.pngredflag.png from the LT.

Because I needed ISO badly, I did some early grinding in the Simulator PVE. Wound up close to the top progression reward, so I pressed on and bought a classic token:
    token_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last week: I was ready to spend 120 CP on the final green cover I needed to bring Iceman to 3/5/5 – after which I'd champ him and turn him into a 5/5/3 powerhouse. Instead I got a 13th Red Hulk token, champed him instead, and spent the CP on tokens.

Today: I pull my 20 CP token from Simulator....Iceman green! Isn't that convenient. I need about 80,000 ISO to max him. I wonder how fast I can pull that together.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haven't played a ton in PVE of late because I've been working and haven't had the time necessary to hit the LT in progression, but I figured I'd play EotS despite my hatred of the Hand goons because of the extra tokens for participation.

On a whim, spent 100 HP on a pull from the EotS vault earlier, got the LT from it. LT contained a Green Goblin yellowflag.png
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Playing the first sub of Enemy of the State and getting the Command Points out of the 2 nodes that have them in just 4 plays... icon_eek.gif

Then wondering if this is a change to do with the test going on or just sheer luck. Must be insane luck or an early birthday present I guess. I'll take it, thanks! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Attacked in Simulator with a weaker team to get lower than max attackers to counter attack. Attacked a level 166 team of Incredible Hulk, Luke Cage, and Iron Man 40. Used star.pngstar.png Daken (140 5/5/3), star.pngstar.png Wolverine (129 5/5/3), and Kingpin (94 2/1/5, left at that level while using ISO on my rares). Focused down IM40 (still got off recharge), tanked Smash with Daken and focused down Cage, got off Maggia Pawns twice, lost Wolverine to a Thunderous Clap, but downed Hulk with Wilson's Gambit.
    Kingpin has done pretty good by me. Won against the 270 Luke Cage in DDQ with the same level and build. That yellow at five is so good when you can use it right.

Note: This kind of "fun challenge" should not be a constant thing forced on us.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't play today - easiest time I've had for a while icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today: I pull my 20 CP token from Simulator....Iceman green! Isn't that convenient. I need about 80,000 ISO to max him. I wonder how fast I can pull that together.

It turns out that when you have 200+ tacos banked and don't mind using as many of them as it takes, the answer to that question is "less than two days." And in the process of scrounging together all the ISO I could find I got my 13th icon_thing.png cover from my season 10-pack! Not even 10 AM yet and it's already a good day.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Got my 13th cover for icon_doctoroctopus.png that's my first 3* at 13/13. On the other hand now i need 40k uiso to lvl 166....