Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing a team in PvP against a team with Hulkbuster. Had enemy Hulkbuster down to less than 1000 hp and he had not quite enough red Ap to fire his ability but had enough black to Overdrive himself to death, laughed as he ended up with a ton of red from the Overdrive but his suicide was hilarious...mainly because the artwork. Ares does it too with his Sunder but that still deals damage to you so, not as funny!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    That moment you log in to find a 1 point defensive victory that takes you to the next progression prize icon_e_smile.gif
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Just had some awesome luck opening tokens. I opened a Standard, Heroic, Deadpool vs. MPQ, and PvP Matchmaking token and got the following:

icon_beast.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png
    icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_lukecage.pngredflag.png
  • Electrovirus
    Electrovirus Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Pulled 1,000 HP Twice in the PVP Matchmaking event
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Yesterday's Heroic token resupply had a 4* cover. It was Invisible Woman (yellow), but I'm still at a stage where almost any 4* cover is a best moment. (I have 13 covers for Fury and 5 blue for IMHB - everything else is usable.)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    best finish in a 4* release - 13th. things happened just right over the weekend. if I could have managed a better grind on sub 1, t10 would have been in play, but happy with it. only had to dip into 2 tacos for 5 health packs - big success there. finished barely t20 a couple other times, but really ground sub 2 to dust.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Pulled my 13th IM40 cover. Day 94 and I have my first 13 cover 3 star character. Now I need to come up with the ISO to level him to 166 and champion him so I can change him from 5/5/3 to 5/3/5.
  • CT1888
    Running boosted Luke Cage and Iron Fist together - from 450 to 970 in 15 minutes in Gwen's event, with health packs to spare, but ran out of time and had to shield up till the end.
    Getting into Hulk bracket not long after the slice flipped, and finding it full of people not trying hard so don't have the urge to grind. It's great. Plus Quicksilver and Iron Fist are an amazing team!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Made a personal best climb to 1K in spider-gwen pvp. Finished a lot lower, but that's still a significant milestone for me.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40, OML, Iceman against IM40, Jean Grey, Loki.

I manage to cast recharge twice early on, waiting for counters. Opponent casts some team up power, and 5 recharge times are in an easy 5-match position. The opponent has also cast Recharge, so I'm sunk.

But instead of taking the match, the opponent Loki shuffles the tiles, then does a team-up match on the new board. Then 6 recharge times go off.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Bonkers AI cascading. I'm doing a pve node which includes juggernaut and he's the last guy they have. Suddenly he just keeps using Red and green and 5-match. I'm freaking out because he's getting cascade after cascade and killing my guys one by one. Last guy left with bout 4500 hp and he's about to use headbutt...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

But my guy was left with around 400 hp and Juggz killed himself. icon_lol.gif
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    New Blade cover from a standard token and my Alliance climbed to top 100.
  • CT1888
    Another wonderfully stress free climb in Heavy Metal. I jumped in last night in slice 1, and brought my score up to 400 this morning. With 8 hours to go spent 40 minutes to take my score up to 943 before I ran out of health packs, so shielded up for the remainder as my Fury is cover maxed but level 170. Took 1 hit off the shield, then two defensive victories to take me over 950, and I'm in line for my 5th green She Hulk with a top 100 finish. Result.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    On a lark, I bought the daily 100 imcoin.png special for the R&G Vault and it coughed up the redflag.pngicon_thing.png that I needed to make mine 5/1/5.

Thank you RNGesus!
  • Wow, had an AMAZINGLY lucky break today. (Long read but good, I promise).

I've been grinding Shield PVP so hard for awhile now, with the goal of breaking 1700 pts to get the Black Panther cover. I'm a fairly new player (50/60 days) and have 3 covers already for Black Panther, so I desperately wanted another cover for BP, as this would bring him up to being my third best (and great fit) with my champion MMags and CStorm.

Had the day off today so declared today 'MPQ wasting-time and try one more time for BP day'. I was working towards this goal for a while, pretty hard, but because of my weak roster it was always 3 steps forward, 2 back, as I rarely ever win a defending PVP match, so getting from 1400 to 1700 was incredibly tough. I'm regularly fighting fully covered guys who are like 20 - 40 levels above my 2 good full-covered 2stars with an alternating one-cover 4* third.

Anyways: so I played all the morning, burning through my 10 health packs. I got to 1500 or so, then I bought my first shield for 3 hours, thinking it's going to be today to the Black Panther cover or I'm just going to give up.

I had some crazy epic matches against seriously over-matched teams, winning two key battles with one character left with less than 400 health. A few times I managed to win battles taking hardly a scratch to Storm, saving me precious health packs. Some time later, even with all the wins, I find myself out of health packs, and due to constant defeats, I'm at 1675 points and the end of rope. I expect to lose 100 points in the next half hour.

I look at the opponents and I'm thinking there is no chance. I'm seeing opponents such as all lvl 130s and also, even a further kick in the teeth, there are like no matches that gave more than 25 points except for a lvl 120 Cage-Iron Fist-SWitch team (no thanks!).

Then I had the INCREDIBLE luck. I still don't know how it happened. I'm skipping through all the nodes looking for a feasible challenge to maybe pull off when my health packs recharge. On the last note, I hit skip, and guess what comes up? It was a level 45 Hawkeye, 15 Juggernaut, 10 Storm. For 37 points icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I thought it could have been a bug. Played it fast as I could with some one cover level 40s I had and won, got to 1700, got my precious Black Panther cover.

I don't know how this happened. Only can figure it was a bug or some player did me the hugest favor by somehow picking the wrong team. Still can't believe it.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I've done rather well in the "Luck Be a Lady" PVE area today and received all the Command Points possible from it. That brought me up to 20 CP and the Legendary I opened with that gained me my second star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.png . I'd call that pretty good. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • smecher
    smecher Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    They are small things, but yesterday during the She-Hulk PVP, I discovered (more or less randomly, I was running low on health packs) a combination I had never tried before:

She-Hulk, Luke Cage (championed, boosted), Hood (championed).

I don't think in 10 games the other teams managed to launch a power (besides the occasional cascade), while I was punching the *** out of everything that moves. Honestly, it was more fun than it was supposed to be.

Then a few times in the same PVP the other team was also rostering She-Hulk and Cage, and the AI launched back-to-back Furious Charge and Jab,Jab,Cross. I don't know if you have seen the resulting animation, but it is... awesome icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CT1888
    My first proper run out with Hulkbuster; he may only have 4 redflag.png and is level 182, but boosted in PVE he is glorious (and Captain Marvel tanks red still cos she's boosted too, so I get all the redtile.png!)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    *snip*
    Then I had the INCREDIBLE luck. I still don't know how it happened. I'm skipping through all the nodes looking for a feasible challenge to maybe pull off when my health packs recharge. On the last note, I hit skip, and guess what comes up? It was a level 45 Hawkeye, 15 Juggernaut, 10 Storm. For 37 points icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

I thought it could have been a bug. Played it fast as I could with some one cover level 40s I had and won, got to 1700, got my precious Black Panther cover.

I don't know how this happened. Only can figure it was a bug or some player did me the hugest favor by somehow picking the wrong team. Still can't believe it.

Its called a cupcake! Once some of the higher roster players hit their 2k, they (myself included) put out cupcake teams for people to climb off (yes, i do retals for iso), looks like you found someone's! Congrats on the over!!
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Bought the daily deal in the Rocket and Groot vault and up pops Antman yellow. That brings him to 2/1/1 and makes me a happy camper.