Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to grind to 67k with about a half hour to go, and out popped my first purpleflag.pngicon_professorx.png from my token_legendary.png
    Top 100 finish too icon_e_smile.gif
    Still got the old grinding skills when I want to. I'm also glad I don't feel the need to chase higher up the leader board!
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Hit my LT progression with 5 hours left...to find my first 5*, a green Jean!

The exact one I wanted, very chuffed. Tempted to wait the full 2 weeks to roster just cos I'm not sure how my 166 squad will handle the scaling, but then I'm not sure how much it'll change in that time...

I think you will be just fine. I added a 5* to my team and I haven't really seen anything major. Just be sure not to level her up. Leave her at her base level because boosted 3*s will be around her level.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I drew a icon_magneto.pngblueflag.png from a token_heroic.png

He's been stuck at 5/5/3 for ages, just couldn't win or draw any blue. 4/5/4 now, just one blue to go.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opened my legendary tokens because I was tired and wanted a little pick me up. The first token was Mr Fantastic black, which is usable and potentially even useful? with that 4*ddq coming up. The next 3 tokens were iso.

That got me pretty down - I'd been having close to expected rates of getting usable covers leaning slightly to the better side of the fence.

After a while, I decided I might as well open my Hearts of Darkness tokens too... got an X23 cover! I get so few 4*s from event tokens and most of them are iso, plus X23 is new and in desperate need of covers.

Going to be good and go back to hoarding my tokens. Opening in batches might not improve the odds, but it always feels better when you have a bright spot in a plot of depressingness. icon_e_smile.gif

Plus, I really want that hot dog stand when it comes. icon_e_smile.gif
  • CT1888
    After a couple of point starved PVP s, I hit 1000 with 30 hours to go.no desire to go chasing the Legendary Token and spend HP. Instead I get to chill out tomorrow and not feel the urge to play hard icon_e_smile.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png from a token_taco.png

Well, **** as he is, it's a 4* that I already had on my roster, so, can't complain. 1/0/2 now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent most of the day watching my clears in MR&G since I missed a good chunk of the first day and I was going to see if I could still reach the legendary. Did in fact manage to get back on my daily target over the middle 48h sub. Along the way, played through the Amadeus' Inferno event to get his cover. Had meant to sell off 3* Iron Man when I got my next new 4*, but goofed and didn't do that. Spent imcoin.png on a new roster spot instead.

End of the 48h sub, placement gets me an event token and progression had gotten me another. Since, as someone posted above, event tokens are usually filled with disappointment and regret, I've been trying to get away from opening them unless I have 2-3 at a time (at least in PVE) to give myself a better chance at a good feeling if something pops out.

First token: icon_ghostrider.pngblackflag.png

Second token: icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png

The latter was needed to bring my Hood up to 3/1/3, and the former I didn't have at all because I got boatraced on placement basically from the word go in the prior event (seriously, I did my first clear within about 20m of the event opening and was ranked in the 250s, and that was WITH all three essentials).

So THAT was very much welcomed, as having access to his essential in the final MR&G sub will get me to the legendary probably first thing in the morning. After buying Chulk's roster spot, I didn't have enough imcoin.png in the bank to make that mistake a second time, so I booted 3* Iron Man off the island and made way for the Ghost Rider.

Whee!
  • CT1888
    Getting home after a longer than normal drive back from work with about 40 minutes to go and scoring 400 points to take me back up to just under 800 and 44th in God of Lies with 3 health packs to spare. Thank you Loki, The Hood and Cyclops for your sterling work of AP denial and br00tal optic blasts the to face, with special thanks to Iron Fist for speeding up the finishes at the end, and to all those XFWs, Hulkbusters, Iron Fists, Lokis, Hoods amd Magnetos who lay down to let me past. And only getting hit twice in this period was very nice too. Very much appreciated.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    earliest I've ever hit 10K. gave me my 5th rulk green - iso is on fumes (dang skip tax) but might start adding to him once it recovers. outdid my personal best pvp by a mile with 1728 in loki (barely made 10th, but made it - thank you to 10 CCs I squashed). my 3rd 4* hit 13 covers with elektra and several are close with 11 or 12.
  • Two legendaries in a row = icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png After selling my SS and going 30 something tokens in a row, back to back is nice.

About 300 points in shield sim, see that x23 is the 2000 pt reward. I get up to 1302 before shielding. Got 9 days to get that last 698. Easy.
  • Yesterday I reached the 10pack pull for 4000 season pts for Stormysusie.

Although I got 7 golden from that 10, I could only use 2, Psylocke with black blackflag.png and Thor Goddess with red redflag.png ...

The best moment were the simulator a few mins later, where I got Psy one more time with black.

Within mins she changed to 5/3/5 and that's very nice. icon_mrgreen.gif

And Goddess came up to 2/0/2. Where's my yellow cover for her? icon_cool.gif
  • first ever climb from 700 to 1000 without having to shield, thanks KK and LThor!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best moment today was having the timer run out on the Mr. **** stick ddq4 node, so i'm no longer tempted to keep banging my head against the wall.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Trying to fish green Blade covers from my taco vault, I get a legendary token.

Edit: daily resupy heroic token gave my first Reed Richards yellow.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got a ghost rider from the 300 progression token in his pvp, hit 1k on a nice, relaxed climb with no attacks untik I shielded. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got both CP from the Greenland sub in the Hulk event, putting me at 25. The resulting legendary token got me my 7th icon_nickfury.png cover, a purpleflag.png. He's my first 4* to pass the halfway point to 13 covers.

aaaaaand the Heroic token for sub finish (since I quit grinding after getting the two CP) yielded my first Deadpool X-Force.

purpleflag.png even.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Just noted that I neglected to note the legendary token mentioned above was Sue Storm yellow, bringing her to 3/2/2.

My season 21 10-pack had Patch (sold), Mystique (sold), six 2*, Kingpin purple (first in that color for him), and X-23 green (first in that color for her).

The only gold characters I'm missing so far are Phoenix, OML, and Ghost Rider. And I'm sitting on about 3100 HP, when slots cost me 1k each.
  • Dribbler
    Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Day 775 Login reward,
    4* icon_captainamerica.png
    Now I can do the Hulk nodes!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gotta love it when the AI gets 13 black AP and hits penance stare for 489 damage instead of going with RotP
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Got a gold cover I needed from a standard token pull. I guess they do happen every 100 tokens or so! icon_e_biggrin.gif