Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• last night shielding at 900 on Sentry PVP, finding an underleveled Prof X / GSBW team for 71 points, grabbed the points and nothing realistic, so reshielded

This morning, couldn't find anything useful to hit, all Jeans and Busts, but suddenly a 94 CStorm / 40 Juggs appears for 71 points, bizarre jackpot!

My fourth ever 1k, thanks to that stroke of luck. Sam now at 1/1/0, but also closing in on my 10k season
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not only my first ever 1300 in PVP, but also my first 1400! Will get 3 leg tokens today, the one i just got at 1300, also just got prodigal sun one, and just 300 away from 10k season leg token.

0FWbKxQ.jpg
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    My very, very, very, very, VERY reluctant hero.
    n31yjr.png

Now that I have him as 0/0/5, I fully expect RNG to troll me by giving me duplicate red covers. Now I have to decide whether I want to roster another OML....

The real question is when you get a second 0/0/5 OML, will you roster a third? icon_e_wink.gif RNG luck really is odd at times--my Scarlett Witch was either 5/1/0 or 5/0/0 for quite some time before DDQ finally started to get me other covers.
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    So, three legendary tokens came my way.

First: opened by my 1 year old son: purpleflag.png Red Hulk
    Second: from command points, opened by myself: greenflag.png Invisible Women
    Third: my first full PvE progression, opened by my wife: blueflag.png Hulkbuster

I will never touch that button again and leave the pulls to the rest of the family.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has to be on record as one of the best mpq moments of many days... already hit legendary progression and got the cp from both cp nodes in prodigal sun on 2nd attempt, so no need to play the pve further.

Decided to field-test a few experimental teams on the KP essential and the last cp node anyway... the teams did well.

Afterwards, I checked the two nodes and found I had all the node rewards... EXCEPT for the crit boosts. icon_lol.gif
  • This has to be on record as one of the best mpq moments of many days... already hit legendary progression and got the cp from both cp nodes in prodigal sun on 2nd attempt, so no need to play the pve further.

Decided to field-test a few experimental teams on the KP essential and the last cp node anyway... the teams did well.

Afterwards, I checked the two nodes and found I had all the node rewards... EXCEPT for the crit boosts. icon_lol.gif

Care to share some of those "experimental teams" with the group? icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, having Growth Industry run again is my MPQ moment of the day. A close second: beating my first 5* in PVP (sure, it was a OML with a single yellow cover, but I'll take it icon_e_smile.gif )
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the CP from the most overscaled fight in Alaska on my first try!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2015
    Not only did I cruise through the last node in Growth Industry, but I popped out of my shield at 938 to take on a 63 point Fist buster I'd queued up to in fact give me 75 points and the Starlord cover, put also BEAT MY FIRST EVER JEANBUSTER!! Hulk bombing rules!!
    A few fights unshielded (like 4 without being attacked) amd I'm sitting at over 1200 with a 73 pointer queued up. Can I make 1300?????

Edit: YES I CAN! First ever 1300, only a 3 amd an 8 shield required! purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png for my efforts icon_e_smile.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got the 10K PvP legendary token today, opened it up....Phoenix! Phoenix green, no less! So now I have all three Epic characters with their signature abilities (Surfer's stun immunity, OML's mode switch, and Phoenix's revival). Good day.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I hit 800 in Sharp Dress without shielding or getting attacked much overnight for the first time. I recently read how defense was setup, so I made sure I used my best boosted teams. So I have to assume either nobody cares about this event, or my 222 Patch, 184 Doom, and 140 Beast was good enough not be challenged very often.

If the 1000 wasn't Star-Lord, I'd probably go for him instead of typing here.
  • dr tinykittylove
    So I've had a long, long streak of 2* pulls from event tokens.

Today, joined Patch pvp late, got the 1st progression token and hp plus season 10pack.

Patch token - 4* icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
    10pack -
    4*
    icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.pngicon_carnage.pngredflag.png
    3*s
    icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png
    icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_punisher.pngredflag.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png
    2*s
    iso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.png

Pretty awesome!

Except this loot was all for A N00b. My main account got all tinykitty 2* iso8.png . Maybe this should be under worst mpq moment... honestly this is getting depressing enough that A N00b's going to take a real break from the game so I have nothing to compare.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I've had a long, long streak of 2* pulls from event tokens.

Today, joined Patch pvp late, got the 1st progression token and hp plus season 10pack.

Patch token - 4* icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
    10pack -
    4*
    icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.pngicon_carnage.pngredflag.png
    3*s
    icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png
    icon_doctordoom.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_punisher.pngredflag.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngpurpleflag.png
    2*s
    iso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.pngiso8.png

Pretty awesome!

Except this loot was all for A N00b. My main account got all tinykitty 2* iso8.png . Maybe this should be under worst mpq moment... honestly this is getting depressing enough that A N00b's going to take a real break from the game so I have nothing to compare.

I still maintain that part of why the alt accounts get such better pulls is that they don't spend the way the mains might. My mobile account has a horseshoe up its rear, but I've not spent one penny on it. Steam I dropped $20 last week in appreciation for some quality customer service I received, and I've spent $5 more times than I can count buying roster slots along the way (seriously I've probably spent $100 or more on Steam), but my event tokens and heroics get gold or flashy gold WAY less often than mobile.
  • Star-Lord with yellowflag.png for Stormysusie, now with all 3 skills, wonderful... (Lethal Intent Token)

icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Wake up with:

+3 CP from alliance
    +7 CP from alliance
    +7 CP from alliance

enough CP? Let's open a token: redflag.png Old Man Logan

Not sure if it's a blessing yet though with scaling, but for now he is sitting in my queue for a while. I won't let him go but with a 94 roster (6 2* and 1 3* rest lower covered) I'm afraid what it will do if I would add him.

But it's my first 5* pull, so not letting him go icon_e_smile.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    DFiPL wrote:
    I still maintain that part of why the alt accounts get such better pulls is that they don't spend the way the mains might. My mobile account has a horseshoe up its rear, but I've not spent one penny on it. Steam I dropped $20 last week in appreciation for some quality customer service I received, and I've spent $5 more times than I can count buying roster slots along the way (seriously I've probably spent $100 or more on Steam), but my event tokens and heroics get gold or flashy gold WAY less often than mobile.

If only it worked that way. I was f2p right up until anniversary - have always had long streaks of bad pulls followed by a few good ones. It's just this n00b account has short streaks of bad pulls and long streaks of good pulls. If only I could trade the rng on the two accounts...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    In the past 24 hours, I got a Jean Grey(Phoenix) 5* from the PVP 10K Season reward and won my first 4* DDQ fight and got a black x-force wolvie.

Feels pretty good.
  • yesterday pulling my second Taco Vault Legendary token in a week, odds must have been crazy (I just open 2 a day, no hoarding). Not expecting any more for a while now!

I guess 1 in 900 chance?
    Although as I pulled it after 2 tokens in this vault, and only earned 9 tokens last week, 1 in 5000ish?

Either way, feeling a little bit lucky
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting the two command points in the first clear of The Savage Land to get to 25 and my 3rd LT from CP. Surgical Strike to 4!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    very good mpq weekend:

t10 in sub 1 and 2 in the hunt (I still hate florida, even if the prizes were nice)
    like blacksheep, also got both cps and the LT from my first clear of savage land last night. today is a farting around day before the heroic starts.
    finished my first week of 3 X 1300 using less and less shields to do it. with the hp from pve subs and season end, I still remained hp neutral through the week.
    got jean up to 220 to join hb.
    started finally pulling some newer characters (not that the older ones are complete) - last 3 LTs were rulk, ice, rulk. one more rulk green and he's dang near usable, even at 1/5/1.

fun times.