Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Went on my first run for 1300 in Mags PvP and did the first shield hop..... got hit for -226 during the hop... after coming out of a 24 hr shield because of bad planning....

Thought well screw you and decided to open that single Blade PvP token and out pops icon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
    Remembering the olds wives tale that a good start might mean the RNG is in your favour i decided to open all of Heroic/Event/Legen (only 2) i've been hoarding.

23 tokens in total including the above.
    13x 2*
    3x 3* which i didn't need ( icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , icon_hood.pngblackflag.png , icon_ironfist.pnggreenflag.png )

Most the these were pulled in the first 10 tokens, in the following order
    icon_ironman.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_elektra.pngblackflag.png
    icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png
    icon_iceman.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png
    icon_antman.pngblueflag.png

No 5* but i needed everything.
    Have now maxed Prof Blue, KP Purple, HB Blue this week.
    5 out 21 tokens were 4*, I'll take that for the points lost.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    The complete realisation that Fistbusters no longer scare me off. With the right team of 3*s I can make them fold very quickly, amd I'm working out more teams as the boosted characters change. Think I've lost 1 fight out of the last 12 or so against them, which has made climbing less iso skip intensive!
  • It's so funny, I can't keep it to myself.

I decided to mostly skip Prodigal Sun - long event, uninteresting rewards, all that, - but to play a match here and there since why not.
    With about 5 minutes left in the first subevent I wonder around the Forums and see that Command Points are given as a reward in Kingpin node (and the person posting it says that he had no luck in getting them after quite a lot of node clears).
    With two minutes left I go to try this node out for the first time (never remembering if rewards are given if I complete a node after the subevent end time).
    Kill the node in under 2 minutes.
    Get my rewards.
    Get the Command Point. Yay! icon_e_smile.gif

Updated: played the Kingpin node of the second subevent 1 time. Know what? Got a Command Point. Hmm...
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the second sub event (China, I think?) of Prodigal Sun, the team I was using wiped on the final node, so I decided to screw around with a fun team before healing my actual team and doing it for real. I had (boosted) OBW, Blade (5/5/3, and soft leveled to 107) and 4* Captain Falcon (1/2/1, Level 94) against Psylocke/2*Storm/Criterion at ~Levels 165.

I got an early Nightstalker tile out there and a strike tile from Blade, which was boosted a couple times by Captain Falcon's blue. OBW then took advantage of a purple-rich board (and strike tile), stealing as needed so that not even Psylocke could get an ability off. With only Psylocke still standing, I realized I had a board choked full of yellow tiles with enough AP for Cap to do both his yellow and red. Boom...game over.

There's something satisfying about a "wouldn't it be fun if..." concept team actually working (without even breaking a sweat, for that matter), even if there was no small amount of luck involved icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    1360 in mags pvp. 3rd Friday in a row I think for 1300 for me. Friday's just work out really well on timing. I've had a string of jean pulls and she now sits at 4/3/4 and I can finish her at will now if I want to (would take most of my reserve hp, but i'll do it if I don't get another pull in the near future). currently leveling her up and looking forward to taking her for a spin once finished. maybe she and hb will have a higher pvp equilibrium point than fist/hb - that's my hope.

edit:
    Remembering the olds wives tale that a good start might mean the RNG is in your favour i decided to open all of Heroic/Event/Legen (only 2) i've been hoarding.
    after reading that and with my jean luck, I had a 10-pk plus 11 singles saved so I decided to pull the trigger. 10-pk sucked - one sentry and the rest 2*s, but of the 11 singles, I got 3 3*s and 3 4*s - MFer black (up to 2/3/4), jean blue (gotta decide what to do there), and px blue (that makes 5/1/4 - yeah baby!!).
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Shielded at 997 on magneto pvp as I knew 1 more match would be pushing it. Turns out I was right. plus 10. voila blue Prof x I need. lovely ta.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally good day.

Decided to fritter some of that useless Anniversary hp I bought on an X23 40 pack since it was the same price as normal heroics and any lucky pulls would definitely not be iso. Got 2 X-23, which is not worse than the listed rates (my luck is generally terrible so this was a win :p)

The legendary that came with the 40pack dropped an OML yellow, which was the last one I needed to make my 1/0/1 OML complete, yay!

Had an extra yellow starlord from previous legendary tokens, decided to re-spec my 535 to 445 for the heck of it.

Starlord is so fun! icon_e_biggrin.gif Took him out to play with Cmags and XFW and spammed all the cheap powers - XF green, Cmags red and blue, even his own red. Got to 400+ and abandoned them, then had a 3:1 defense win/loss ratio for the next few hours. Respect my unbuffed underlevelled starlord and xfw, noobs.

I'm sure my high level 355 cmags didn't hurt either, but it's the principle of the thing. The rosters I checked out probably would have been more wary taking on a fistbuster or other buffed 3* teams and not handed me so many free points. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Magnetic mayhem from 1298 to 1227 after one fight and then 3-4 defeat in one min... So close to Legendary token...
    Then I got a CP from PvE . I have enough CP to draw a Legendary pack and I got SS Red from it. Feel like this is a compensation.
    Anyway I am still looking for the black cover of OML then I may put less time on this game and let my roster progress slowly.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Drew Iron Fist from a Heroic token, at the same day he's required for DDQ! icon_e_smile.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's DDQ took Iron Fist to 13 covers.
    In the words of Rent and Stimpy

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I was trying to fish a purple Iron Fist out of my taco vault and got yellow Kingpin instead. He's now 0/0/2.

Finishing DDQ got me to 25 command points, promptly spent on a legendary token. Nick Fury purple, which will make him 4/5/4 after tomorrow's re supply drops.

Then I broke 2k in the shield sim to claim the red Cyclops. The top several in my bracket are sitting shielded at over 4k. I, on the other hand, have no prayer at a 10-pack placement for the season, so I have become free points for anybody else looking to make the climb this week.
  • 2 things today! Scraped to 900 in PVP earlier and got a needed Iron Fist green from the vault, and then just pulled a legendary from the taco vault!

Gonna wait til these CP points drop for the novelty of opening 2 legendary tokens at once for the first time
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a icon_ironfist.pngblackflag.png from an old event token. That's 5/2/4 for him now and level 140. If only some purpleflag.png would drop for me...
  • Used 25 CP to purchase a Legendary token. Got awarded icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png . Was hoping for a 4* to build them up but I'll take my first ever 5* !! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I am 5 for 22 in pulling 5 Stars out of Legendary Tokens.

I have:
    3 0 0 icon_wolverine.png
    1 1 0 icon_silversurfer.png

My 5 star team is almost better than my 4 star team!
    I don't have any of the top tier 4 stars high covered/leveled.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to 25 command points on Steam, Legendary token yielded a icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png . Gladly will take the forward progress.

DDQ finished off my Kamala Khan at 5/3/5, so now it's just the journey from 120 to 166.

Daily drop was a random 50 imcoin.png reward.

Of my four tacos between mobile and Steam, only one had a 2*. The others were 1500 ISO and health packs on mobile (mobile has like 160 health packs lol) and Steam got the 2* and icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png . Didn't NEED it because I'd gotten green5 from DDQ the other day, but better that than a 2*.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    My very, very, very, very, VERY reluctant hero.
    n31yjr.png

Now that I have him as 0/0/5, I fully expect RNG to troll me by giving me duplicate red covers. Now I have to decide whether I want to roster another OML....
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Didn't have Kamala Khan going into today's DDQ, but I really need her and decided to go through my 137 Vault tokens until I pulled a Kamala.

Token 1: star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
    Token 2: 5 healthpackbig.png
    Token 3: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png !!!!!

Now I have a 1/0/1 Kamala while spending only 3 tokens! The only star.pngstar.pngstar.png I'm missing now is Steve Rogers. (No idea why I can't ever get his covers.)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't have Kamala Khan going into today's DDQ, but I really need her and decided to go through my 137 Vault tokens until I pulled a Kamala.

Token 1: star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.pngblackflag.png
    Token 2: 5 healthpackbig.png
    Token 3: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png !!!!!

Now I have a 1/0/1 Kamala while spending only 3 tokens! The only star.pngstar.pngstar.png I'm missing now is Steve Rogers. (No idea why I can't ever get his covers.)

Steve Rogers + Scarlet Witch is quickly becoming one of my favorite teams. One of my happiest MPQ days was getting him to 3/5/5.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been slacking off on the pvp side since the advent of the Legendary Lotto at 1.3k - not enough time for both shield-hopping and pve and I like pve better.

Started climbing in sentry pvp earlier than intended and ended hopping up to 1.3k. I've still got it! Underlevelled 3* roster and all. icon_razz.gif It helps that Sentry/Luke/Doom are a brutal rainbow team - I don't think there are many 3*s who can make such short work of Jeanbusters and buffed Carnage/HB.