Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Got around 930 in the Immortal Rage PVP and shielded to allow a few health packs to regenerate.

Waited until about 30 minutes until the shield was to expire and lined up the two targets that would get me to a 1000 the quickest

Won both battles and due the points dropping in one of them I ended up with a 1000 right on the nose

I got my Red Hulk and ran

Good thing to as about 20 seconds after I received my prize I got hit for a -81
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Opened 5 heroic/PVE tokens, got 1 XFW that brings my black up to 5, and 1 3* Bullseye, one of only two of my 3* characters that is not max covered yet. Assuming I can get at least a t100 in Red Hulk PVP and managing to clear the 90k progression in EotS, I will have max covered every single one of my 3*s in 1-2 days time (currently all 3*s except Vision and Bullseye are max covered, what a coincidence). Add to that my day 730 reward coming up tomorrow, and that's a pretty good amount of useful covers coming up in just a few short days.

Looks like MPQ somehow knew it's my birthday today and gave me a pretty decent present icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Now I just need DDQ to cycle through all 3 colours once and I can get everyone except Dr Ock perfect covered (he's the only guy that I need 2 in one single colour now)

On another note, it's been almost a year since I last received an XFW from a token. Where the heck did you go before the nerf?
  • Had Red Hulk, Daken, and Groot against Cap, Mohawk, and Red hulk. I was down to just Groot, and Storm managed to pull off two hailstorms. Was down to 300 hp with my "I Got a Plan" strike tiles out and i still had Mohawk and Red Hulk to go. I desperately needed a yellow match to heal or else I would go down the next turn from the attack tiles. There weren't any yellow matches available so i just made a random match. Sure enough, a yellow match 3 fell from the heavens and i healed enough to win the match!
  • Good morning,

what a great moment. Started Bullseye PvP...
    daily resupply came after 1st match. Heroic token.

FURY WITH blueflag.png I looked like O.O

Now he's got all 3 skills... Wooohoooo!!!

Happy : Susie icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Coming back to the game after an unplanned three month hiatus and catching up on all the updates.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Day 730 today for me, so that gives me my SS and more importantly, marks the day I spent 2 complete years playing MPQ. On this very special day, I managed to scrape through T100 for Red Hulk PVP, giving me my 13th Bullseye cover. Add to this the 13th Vision cover I got from EotS earlier in the day, this means that I now officially have every single 3 star.png character covered maxed, after exactly 2 years. What a way to mark the day. Happy 2 year anniversary to me icon_e_biggrin.gif

Had been monitoring my placement situation for the last 15 minutes, and 5 minutes before the end I dropped to 101, so I immediately broke shield and hit 2 matches. Unfortunately I was too slow on that last match and I missed out on 1k progression for the first time ever, but I'm happy enough that I can scrape through T100 with just that one match, was fearing for my safety.
  • Going 2 weeks and counting without spending a dime. icon_e_surprised.gificon_cool.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    A N00b is on semi-hiatus for the season, but gambled on a late bracket to grab a Vision from the Squirrel Girl pvp, which was the last 3* needed to complete N00b's collection. While I was fretting over the hp needed to roster him (at 750hp a slot, with only 400 hp saved after rewards came in), I pulled a Starlord, which A N00b didn't have. Double the headache!

Reluctantly, I sold my 1* hawkeye for Vision yesterday.

Today, A N00b received 50hp from daily supply, and pulled 250hp from a taco. Starlord and Juggs are safe! icon_e_biggrin.gif

(Lucky cheating n00b.)
  • I play Lightning Rounds almost religiously. Why?

Three or more seeds, some quick ISO infusion, and what is essentially a free Standard.

But wait, Standards are virtually useless, right? Sure, each one is, but the odds do tend to accumulate (I know, I know. Yes, I understand statistics and probabilities. lol). I mean, if you pull 100, you're bound to get something worthy, right?

Yesterday, doing some end of the day paperwork, LR pops up, play my usual three and then donate my points to the "real" players. Pull my Standard...

icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png .

The beast is complete, at 5/3/5, and from a casually earned Standard no less. Sometimes, RNGesus does smile on even the lowest of us. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leg token from EoTS got me icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png

Then, a 3BE PVP token got me..... icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png !

She is now 1/3/3.. can i get a re-do on her 4* DDQ? lol.

So, i decided to open my season 10 pack.

4* icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png

Not a bad day!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won a fight in the Bullseye PVP that pushed me to 649. Shaking my fist, I waited on pins and needles for a health pack to regen so I could tackle one more fight. Terrified I was going to get hit before I had my shot.

Health pack regenerated, used it on Luke Cage, went in, won my fight.

Got my token. Seconds later, got hit for -35. Shielded to preserve my progress since I'm chasing the season 10-pack.

Opened token.

icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png

She's 2/1/2 now. Not only do I have the glee of pulling a 4* from a PVP token, when I'm usually counting my lucky stars if I pull a 3*, but it has a "Great Escape" feel to it, getting it riiiight before getting hit.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Joined the last s5 for EotS which opened 3hrs before the penultimate sub closed.

Leader already had a 20k lead so thought i'd play for some tokens. The bracket is empty so i might as well play for T10 for the sub and get some HP. With very casual grinding i finished in 8th place still 7k of the leader and about 5k of second. Thought nothing but i might as well just do three clears and keep top 20.
    1st clear sees me in the early lead naturally with about a 5k lead, doesn't really matter.
    2nd clear about 2hrs before the refresh, because you should sleep normally, same thing about 5k on the leader.
    3rd clear - in the morning again 2hrs before the refresh, down in 8th place. Looks like Top 10 is in the bag, check the sub board vs the overall board. Leader will be fine he can do this in his sleep. 3/4 people fighting for second with a natural lead on me it seems. Got up this early, might as well clear.

2.5hrs before the end of the event i come back to check the score. If these guys grind it's in the bag for them, so close to just moving on as health packs are needed for PvP later. Okay i'll run with SW/Fist/Cage until they need health packs. An hour later and everyone has been making their move.... apart from 3 guys who could take it. Might as well put pressure on them, some other guy is doing the same and switch to different teams
    30 mins before the end of the sub, in 3rd place. The guy in 2nd put his points up early and he's running out of points. One other guy is trying to catch up, maybe he's left it too late.

10 mins to go, finally taken 2nd, the one challenger is 3k behind. Maybe he has big nodes left as i've run out, but that's fine put the pts in from the essentials.

2-mins left. It's in the bag, health packs intact and a redflag.pngicon_ironman.png to go with the blueflag.png i pulled from the token.

Perserverance paid off for one.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having fun with Bullseye, Patch and Scarlet Witch in pvp icon_e_smile.gif
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I hit 2000 in sim, and pulled my 13th SW cover from a standard token.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Just managed to take down a team of fully maxed XF/4Thor/Blade team with a loaner Blade, maxed IF and Cmags... And none of my characters went below 10% health.
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    After a long period of **** pulls I have gotten a Black Panther yellow out of a standard token and the daily resupply heroic token gave me a yellow thing, making him the first non Dinosaur 4* with multiple covers for me.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to hit 2k in sim for the cyc, some guy hit me 3x at least in quick succession while I was flushing iso down the same-3-people black hole. I gave up and started returning the favour, getting more points off him than I lost and managed to get to 2k.

Finished off with my squishy low level Carnage/SW/Jean, go ahead and pop me if you need points.

In the middle of that sweet revenge mission, I ran out of health packs and didn't want to wait 3 mins to regen one. Went to my inactive taco vault and opened 6 tacos. Got 2x2*s, 1500iso, Blade for my teamup dupe, XFW and Carnage. Added XFW to my dupe and sold Carnage. Essentially both were worthless, but it feels so much better getting them from a 250iso taco than getting them from a legendary.
  • Opened my two Taco tokens Red Hulk greenflag.png and a SheHulk redflag.png
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I have aprox 8000 spideycoin.png, so I decide to spend a bit in the Daily offer in my Heroic Vault with:
    token_legendary.png , icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.png , icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png , icon_x23.pngpurpleflag.png (all needed)

Pulled the icon_x23.png at first try icon_lol.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Much to my astonishment, when I decided to enter the Unstable ISO-8 event with just over an hour to go after a busy night, I was only person number 180-ish. After an hour and a little change of pretty solid grinding, I ended up in the mid-90s for placement, scoring an X-23 cover with just over 10k points.