Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I woke up to see that my alliance is just 200,000 points from finishing Galactus round 7. Since round 8 might as well be a giant middle finger made of cosmic tiles, that means I can ignore this godawful, broken, insulting POS forever once we get there!
  • Sitting in the Black Vortex PVP at rank 88, hovering at 680~ with my team that ain't exactly super scary (Captain Marvel, GSBW, LCap, all max covers but all less then level 100, sans Marvel's boost) certain that in the 3 minutes left that I'm going to see a big -70 or whatever to get me into the Ares reward zone, as always, since PVP tends to be less hopeful and rewarding then Galactus is.

And tick.

Tock.

Tick.

No attacks.

And I go home with one Bullseye Black and 25 HP, getting me 13 covers for him WAY faster then I ever expected to.

And now I got 9 fully covered 3*s

icon_blackwidow.pngicon_bullseye.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_wolverine.png

They're far from an ideal team with some still lacking ideal builds, and 2*s are still pretty useful for me, but I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to "Drop a ton of iso to get to 166 so I can get more PVP results, damnit."
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    After my go-to BE team of OBW, 3hor, and CStorm wrecked pretty hard today (those accursed ninjas!), I tried an all - 3* team for the first time.

Steve (2/5/5), Cyclops (3/4/5), KK (4/4/2).

Steve damn near died in the first wave because of those stinking Strength in Numbers tiles (which is what left OBW on life support on my first attempt; she succumbed in round two and I limped to round 4 only to finally lose there), but once abilities started firing, KK kept on healing him.

I killed wave 4 with Steve's red, Cyc's black, and whatever else I needed. Steve walked away at full (temp) health, and I got my She-Hulk cover.

I think it won't be the last time I use that team icon_e_smile.gif
  • In the midst of the epic suck that the past few days has become, I lost to the ninjas again in today's DDQ-BE.

Having literally nothing else to do in MPQ thanks to Silver Surfer blowing both my scaling and MMR, and Galactus, well, you know, I decided to take a few of my newly leveled 3*s for a "ninja day BE" test-drive…

Cyke, Cage, and SWitch, all leveled to 120 (I'm getting there, but 166 is a ****-ton of ISO away yet. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif )…

So long ninjas, hello dawning of a new era in DDQ's BE for this guy. icon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • CrookedKnight
    Shockingly, I got something good from an anniversary token: icon_ragnarok.pnggreenflag.png! Okay, it's not exactly the strongest 3* cover, but it's the very last one I needed to get every 3* character to 13/13!
  • Feels kinda sad to say I pulled icon_devildino.png from a taco today and none from the earned anniversary ones lol
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels kinda sad to say I pulled icon_devildino.png from a taco today and none from the earned anniversary ones lol

icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png from an anniversary.. still no Dino on my roster though!
  • best moment today? closing the game.
  • Hit 1000 in PVP for the first time ever for the 4Pool cover on Black Vortex.
    On season I can't get closer than about 850 usually but this one went great for me. He's now 3/0/0! Also meant I finished 13th for two Bullseye covers. All in, infinitely better than Galactus.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Opened my anniversary 10 pack and 3 extra tokens now that the new odds are in place - got FIVE star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png covers! Sure, three were Dino and only one of the others was usable - but still a good day.
  • OJSP wrote:
    Realising this is now my most active topic, even more than my own thread about scaling in the last Gauntlet..

It's nice to have a lot of positive things to say about something.. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mine too.

Regardless of what some folks in the forum would have us believe, you can actually constructively criticise something you enjoy when something goes wrong and still enjoy the thing... icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

On that note, opened my daily reward Heroic, notorious for giving me ****, and found...

icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png !

Woo hoo!

DBC
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing the Class of 2015 pvp with all sorts of funny teams both buffed and unbuffed. A deep roster is a wonderful thing to have.

Reminds me that it's not all about the 4* chase and sometimes it's just nice to fool around and troll other teams by using buffed Gamora/lvl45 Cyclops/lvl45 IF (they're my teamup dupes with full covers in yellow/purple/black). It's a beautifully effective team. Collect 12 black and watch the enemy team melt, other ability use optional.

Finally maxed my last 2 2*s , Bullseye and MiniCap. Now I have all characters from 1-3* completed the way I like them.

Edit: "Sorry anniversary sucked!" tokens arrived and gave me a jean, very much needed and not iso! Can I have a Dino next please? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Top 5 finish in Class of 2015 gave me a needed Squirrel Girl greenflag.png but also...10k ISO? That made me blink. I'll take it.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played a game in Simulator, got my Blue Fury resupply. Played another game in Simulator, got anniversary token for progression, used it and bought the 50hp one... Backup back Gamora covers
  • got 1300 last night for pvp class of 2015 and pulled a purple antman.
    woke up this morning got 3 free anniversary tokens, pulled purple antman, black blade and 3* iso rewards.
    just got a heroic token from pve alliance rewards and pulled another purple antman.
    and 2 legendary tokens before last night's, i got blue SS and Red Old Man Logan.
    been playing for less than a year and got 1/2/2 for devil dino from the anniversary tokens.
    this anniversary has been kind to me. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Drop Rates are really better!

Kingpin blackflag.png
    Star-Lord purpleflag.png
    Devil Dinosaur purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png

Yay!

edit : BW Grey Suit today at DDQ... now both of my teams got her with Sniper on highest level. THAT FEELS REALLY GOOD.... Wooohoooo!
  • Since the anniversary token odds adjustment, out of five tokens I have gotten 3 Devil Dinosaur (2-red, 1-Purple) and a Captain Falcon blue. Also had a super lucky pull from a standard token of a Black Panther yellow which now makes my current build a 4/4/5. Need one more yellow at some point.

Edit: Hits just keep a'coming...pulled a Red 4* Cyclops from a Simulator token
  • CrookedKnight
    I beat a maxed Fistbuster/Hood team in four turns to cross 1000 points in Class of 2015 yesterday. Three match-five moves on the first turn (not counting cascades!), then on the second I used my ridiculous AP totals to cast Mutant Revolutionary, Inhuman Stretchiness, Embiggened Bash, and finally Full Blast with a board full of red. After that, three shots of match damage ended the fight. I'll never see a board that good again in my life.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought the anniversary daily deal on a whim after getting the 100 HP from my top 5 Class of 2015 finish last night.

icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png

Day. Made.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a break right at the end of my Class of 2015 slice so I decided to see if I could make t100. On my last fight, Groot lucked into a yellow cascade that healed him back up to 10k with my team hurting, then dropped IGaP. I couldn't match the countdown nor down him in time, and would have likely wiped if I hadn't pulled out a Technopathic Strike team up right before the cd went off, causing it to whiff. Won a few turns later with seconds to go and finished 97th...