Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Pulledmy first Yellow Chuck from the final Colossus PvP token, takes him to 221.

Have had horrendous pulls from events tokens recently, while for the standard tokens i have unusable 3* covers dropping like flies
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    With all this server madness happening I lucked out with a 4 star.pngicon_cyclops.pngredflag.png from a galactus token.

Can't complain about that.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I funded my Steam wallet with $10 to prepare for the anniversary, but I only actually spent $4.99 of it on HP.

I'm not sure why that feels like I won somehow, but it does.

Sadly.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Just beat my first ever 166 team in Weapon Tech-Mex!

I brought my boosted characters (199 Deadpool, 150 Squirrel Girl and 141 Psylocke; up from 114, 114 and 102 respectively) against
    209 Deadpool, 166 GSBW and 166 Steve Rogers.

Somehow the only ability they fired was Deceptive Tactics and they wiffed badly. I was worried Steve would prolong the match with Sentinel of Liberty until my Bewilder (!) CD tile stole all his 15 yellow. Psi-Katanas + A Little Off the Top withered down Deadpool, Furry Friends made mincemeat of GSBW and it was smooth sailing from there.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    My best MPQ moment of the day is just looking at the title of this thread, which continues to be bumped, and knowing that somewhere...somehow...people are having best moments of the day. Good for them!
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    watching the hordes mob rage about anniversary while i sneak to 1k and grab my carnage with minimal interference icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought a 40pack of Galactus Event tokens, got 17 4* covers, all needed!!!!!
  • Got an icon_ironfist.png cover from Galactus.

Which was the only essential I was missing, and also a cover that has been eluding me since he first showed up on the scene.

Figures, too, that he's the absolute most powerful 3*, doesn't it?

But now, he's mine.

And I got a Magneto hanging around in my Recruit pile. With that, I'd have all the relevant top tier 3*s all together at last!

Sorry to Beast, Gamora, and Doc Oct though, for their constant attempts to get on my roster before getting cut off again and again.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love that this is my 3rd post in a week in this thread.. went so long with nothing.. Galactus token from finishing round 5 gave me icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png

I now have my very first 13 cover 4*, and the covers feel exactly how i wanted them 5/4/4.. Perfection!
  • Got a token_legendary.png today from DDQ and I got the ever so elusive cover I've been missing forever. Drumroll pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......................

blueflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
    ShionSinX wrote:
    My best season position, T25 (I was the 25th) gave me two 10 packs, previously my best were 4 heroics.

My first carnage black was the only usable on first pack, purple IF (now my dupe is 113) was the only gold on the second.

Season alliance token gave me...

Screenshot_2015_10_05_06_59_50.png

Yes! Blue surfer! The DDQ legendary gave me the 13th HB cover, too bad it was a blue and not red (454 now).

So when you pull a 5 star is the token different looking before its opened?
  • In all honesty?

Finally seeing something approaching player unity in the forum for the first time in a long time.

As opposed to the usual [constructive criticism met with name calling and "everything is fine as is" comments], D3 has actually managed to break some of the "Stockholm Syndrome-esque" vibe of the forum.

I'm glad to see it, although I wish it hadn't taken another, arguably worse repeat of Ultron to make it happen. Now if only we could get back some of the amazing forum vets we've lost in the past 6 or so months… that would truly be a "best moment."

DBC
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know whether to call this one "Best" or "Worst", honestly.

I pulled the token_legendary.png from a token_taco.png

There were two 4hor covers in there that I would rather have had, and now I have to sit on that shiny new token for quite some time, because I have no free slots (I need under 200 HP to my next one), and even that next one is spoken for (Jean Gray sitting in inventory), because I bloody well know that token will spit a new character at me.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually beat Galactus in round 6 thanks to a fortunate winfinite board. Of course he kicked my butt the next 5 times, but I beat him once!
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    You can probably imagine The Look on my face, when after wading through a horde of teisatsus, my ~500 health Luke Cage and Falcon meet their maker in the hands of lvl 395 Gorgon with about 23k of health, leaving my undercovered lvl 60 Captain Marvel to face him by herself. Funnily, I had the only team-up I know of, which can deal 23k damage. Captain Marvel was left with ~400 health, when Photon Blasted, Supersonically Punched Gorgon succumbed to... Can you guess what?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got home from work to discover my alliance completed round 4. The round completion token gave me a blueflag.png Mr. Fantastic. 1/1/0, now!
  • GTannen73
    GTannen73 Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    It will be a long time before I top this one.

This morning before work, I played the 4* node of DDQ. I'd been diverting all Iso to my (cover maxed at 5/4/4) Lady Thor, and managed to bring her up to 247. Even so, thanks to bad boards the first two tries, it took until my third attempt to clear the node. Opened my Legendary token, and there he was...Old Man Logan.

While waiting for health packs to recharge tonight (because Galactus), I went back and played the rest of DDQ (except for TBE, because health packs). I don't stockpile tokens, so I redeemed my tacos immediately. The first one was the Legendary token. Opened that token, and would you believe the luck...Silver freaking Surfer.

Yep...Got both 5* characters (and shelled out 1950HP to roster them) in the same day. Wow.
  • icon_silversurfer.png

'nuff said
  • I realized that icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png triggers on each of Galactus' countdowns as they wind down.

At 4 covers, this gives me 15 Red AP to do damage with pretty quickly.

It's not enough to save the day or kill him, and if I had more ideal loadouts I'd be able to do more damage then that

but I'm pretty glad I can get some consistent damage against him before retreating then. Fun hit and run.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I actually got a 4* HB cover I needed from an Anniversary token today on the 0.1% possibility.
  • 2500 HP from Galactus token, got my 5th red XPool cover from hitting 1000 in PvP. He will be much more playable now.