Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm... I am not really sure if it's a "best" moment, but I am pretty amused (and pleased) that I managed to pull two usable three star covers out of a total of 12 total tokens (8 standard, 1 heroic, 1 event, 2 taco). While they weren't necessarily covers I was excited about, since I am down to just a handful of needed 3* covers I count it a win. Bullseye black (bringing him to 3/3/3) and Quicksilver green (bringing him to 5/3/5). It helps to soothe the sting of getting an Invisible Woman Blue out of the single Legendary Token I've managed to earn so far.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    got my yellow wolvie from ddq. opened my tacos. 1000 hp and another yellow wolvie.

that's it for today, so far.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was doing my shield hop from 1253 and played 2 games... Won 1, lost 1... And got hit for 50+. Fortunately my first hop already gain me the legendary token.

That was my third legendary token. I asked my wife to click it, while I went to clear some stuff.

Came back to see a purple token.... Took me 30 seconds to realise it's a 5*! A silver surfer black icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif

Since I got my first 5* with my third token, does it mean that it will be a 30% hit rate for me? icon_razz.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Hit my first 1000 in pvp with a purple xavier cover my prize. Fifth bp black at 800 and first hulkbuster, red, from a token. A great start to the day!

Special thanks to sherlock1 for his help.
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Finally got Professor X from the 1000 point progression in pvp. He has been the most elusive 4* for me, just hoping more of his covers will come a little faster =)
  • A pretty excellent MPQ day here. Got to 1,000 in pvp for the 1st time ever which earned me my 1st prof x cover.
    Finished the event at 1,009, 5 points ahead of 2nd place (sorry Jaka if you're out there) earning me my 1st cap falcon cover (last time I came 1st in a pvp event was back when the only 4* were XForce, IW & Fury).
    And to top it off, beat 270 mags with my 131 Fury in ddq for my 2nd legendary token. Happy days!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Earned my first legendary token from Meet Rocket & Groot. Yay! At least in this event, it was possible for me to earn a token with only two of the essentials!

I only had two essentials in the Hulk PvE so I didn't even bother trying. Didn't have the energy for a 7-day event where I might still fall short.

But 3- and 4-day events where I have two essentials, I now have the confidence that I can get the token.

Oh, I still need to open it. BRB.

icon_starlord.pngredflag.png

0/1/2 now. Progress!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    blueflag.pngicon_silversurfer.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_iceman.png

decent day i guess.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I managed to get Legendary progression in meet R&G with just under 2 hours to spare in the event last night in S4. What makes this a best moment was that I was out of town for most of the weekend and missed the first ~36 hours of Luck Be a Lady, and I only put up a little under 5 k in the first sub. I had no intention of competing for ice man, but thanks to some awesome coordination by one of my alliance commanders and another diligent member, I was able to merc my score and land an ice man through alliance rewards. Legendary yielded a yellow Thing. A good day indeed.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Hit my second 1000 today. 2 for 2 this season so far!

Had lined up 2 juicy targets to take me past 1000, but first was not worth nearly as many as I thought. I plowed through second match undettered, fortune favours the bold though, as this match was worth more than advertised. I hit 1000 exactly icon_e_smile.gif

In my mind I heard Don cheadle say "boom you looking for this?" As the Falcap appeared before my eyes haha
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    On consecutive token draws just now:

icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png (new! and I had the HP to roster him!)
    icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.png (second purple!)

EDIT: Third in a row!

icon_thor.pngredflag.png (first red!)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had kind of a horrible time in Red Shift, actually. After switching my teams around trying different combos for climbing and often taking heavy damage, I decided to stop and shield at 984. Queued a few good targets for later.

Fell asleep and woke 1 hour after shield expiration at 784 and no retal nodes. Fine, I can still do this, I say.

First match against hb/fist, ai cascades 10 million black ap early, good night, sweet prince. Managed to scramble up to 1k anyway, and having won Sam, decided to play just one more match against a jean/hb. Made a match 3, a match 5 dropped in, ouch. Then the ai decides it wants match5s too. And drops 2 4crit chained cascades in quick succession. Lol. I quit and shielded at 1001.

Came back later to 3 defense wins that pushed me to 1021 - more points than I lost that last match.

I count that as a win. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I think I found the most insidious part of legendary tokens. Driving HP purchases for roster slots. XD

That being said, in the past 2 weeks, I've pulled out of regular heroic/event tokens, Red Hulkbuster, Green IW, Blue CapFalc, and then for my legendary token gains so far, obtained Yellow Kingpin, Black Hulkbuster, and Yellow Professor X.

Aside from CapFalc, I had -none- of these characters, so with that and Iceman earned last pve event, Im now down to needing Elektra, Starlord, Nick, 4Thor, and Thing to get a full 4 star Roster to go with my full 3 star and 2 star roster, minus the 2 "Gag" characters, Dino and Bags.

I've also been routinely and consistently pulling 3 star tokens with the new season started, from PVE tokens. My roster growth has really accelerated these past 2 weeks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    Taco gave me my 4th Hood cover (though still no yellowflag.png), Big Enchilada gave me my 7th Ock cover, and the Legendary Token from Venom gave me my 3rd Professor X cover.

Good day.
  • In the midst of an as of yet very trying PvP season (*see the "Worst" thread), pulled a 3* icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png from a Lightning Round Standard.

Those 3* Standard pulls might be the single best moments in MPQ...

DBC
  • DFiPL
    DDQ gave me my 3rd greenflag.png for Thor (3) and his 13th cover overall, and I managed to beat the QS 4* node in DDQ with my 1/1/2, Lv94, Invisible Woman. The Thor redflag.png I got isn't "progress" because I sold off my yellowflag.png a while ago to make room for Professor X, but she's got some covers coming up over the next six months in the daily resupplies if I'm patient. Just gotta wait a week or two to roster her.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The PVE Simulator final round against The Thing, XDP, and MoStorm. I had wiped twice against these but had gotten close to beating them once.

I took Doc Ock, ***Marvel, and Loki. Was playing slow denying AP and amassing them while allowing strategic 4-matches to let Loki control their AP better. Waiting for the opening.

MoStorm casts Hailstorm. Woohoo! I stun DPX and The Thing moves in front. I fire off Marvel's Red to remove the Protect tiles. I use Doc Ock's blue and The Thing just evaporates. I use Illusions to get a couple of Insults to Injury from the left over Attack Tiles, fire off Doc Ocks green to stun MoStorm and do AoE and the Attack tiles kill off DPX and then MoStorm on the next turn.

I love Doc Ock! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Got a dpx from simulator token last night after a long dry spell full of 2*s. Climbed up shield sim today switching around lots of teams including beast, vision, gamora and (accidentally twice) my level 40 cyclops teamup instead of the high level one... made it to 2k and got jean anyway without dipping into tacos for health packs.

Go ahead and hit me if you see me. Not sure who I used last - cmags/luke/someone?

Edit: Decided to switch to my normal def team after I dropped some 400 points so I don't have too far to climb back at season end. Apologies to the one person I popped.

So I've been slacking off on my noob account, and the last 10packs I got on both noob and tinykitty were pretty awful (1 3* each). Today I said heck, let's go for it and made a run on pvp and sim to hit the 10pack. Got IF green, Mororo black, BP black and noob's first kingpin! All very much needed and happy-making. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Just managed to get the leg token at 27k in Sim without a single essential character and no major grinding.
  • Today I reached the heroic 10 pack pull on both teams.

Jean Grey purpleflag.png now in both, Elektra with redflag.png at least (yay!) at Marvelfamily, and Star-Lord with purpleflag.png for Stormy, great! , Fury with purpleflag.png Kingpin yellowflag.png this morning, ahhh, what a wonderful day. icon_mrgreen.gif