Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Pretty stoked today.
    Did my first shield at 1,211 points on Stretchy PVP. Yay
    Went on and got my first Legendary token on Stretchy PVP. Yay
    Waiting for an auspicious time to open my first Legendary token. Yay or Nay?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    First time in my MPQ career that i'll get a tenpack season reward. Finally got a bracket that's not elite scorers only. (17th with 15.1k)
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Lost 120 marks from 1270 to 1150 in Strech Goal this morning. Then i tried my best to get that back so that i can reach 1300 progression reward. Thanks God i just did that 0.5 hr before the event end. icon_e_smile.gif After that i took a look in players ranking and i found that i was #2. #1 has 6 pts more than i do....Missed Kingpin with that little difference. icon_rolleyes.gif Anyway First Legendary Token earned from event! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Long time listener, haven't had much reason to call for a while. Admittedly, my interest in MPQ has been on the wane for a bit in favor of another game...

And then? I discovered PvP. Good bye and good riddance to PvE. I finally understand what so many have been saying for so long.

This isn't a moment for a single day, but rather a solid WEEK'S worth of "BMPQMotD's..."

In a single week of PvP, I've:

1.) Completed TWO 3* characters, my FIRST in over 600 days, followed, within the SAME DAY, by my second (2 Mystique cards and 1Hulk card, respectively).
    2.) Got my first ever PvP season 10-pack!
    3.) Pulled 3 golds from it!
    4.) Got my first Mr. Fantastic from his event token!
    5.) Earned enough HP to roster MF and the Bullseye I earned from my 10-pack.
    6.) Hit the 1700 Sim progression.
    7.) Achieved multiple T100 finishes (like, in all of the events I ran), including a T25 and T50, without shields.

There are likely more to list, but I figured 7 highlights for 7 days of PvP was enough.

So long 3-7 solid days of scheduling my life around PvE, and HELLO PvP! Long live PvP! icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • yesterday, get 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png characters in one day.

From PvP 1k icon_mrfantastic.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    From Gauntlet : icon_thor.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    From Hulk token_event.pngicon_deadpool.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    From Hulk token_event.pngicon_kingpin.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

I can stay weeks without a 4- star.png char opening heroic tokens in a row but yesterday was a good day.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Here's a satisfying small victory that I just experienced earlier this morning. I was doing my morning clear of the current Hulk sub and decided to dust off my lvl 73 Beast to use on some of the easy nodes. After having pretty horrible blue countdown placement recently with SW, I had some of the best countdown placements with Beast's blue. So many SW blue countdowns have gotten buried in the corners where they do nothing over the last few days so I figured if that's how the game wanted to do this, I'd turn my luck around by using blue countdowns that I wanted to be in the corner. Three times in one match I used Beast's blue, and none of them ended up in the clusters of blue that I told myself that they were sure to land in. I managed 2 bottom right corner drops and a right edge with no adjacent blues. They went off every time and I proceeded to wreck Dark Avenger & goon face with with his green.

TL;DR: **** SW countdown placement is good Beast countdown placement, I found a way to make my own luck.
  • Got season alliance reward and got 3 heroic tokens. Pulled MoStorm green, IF Black, and Luke Cage Red, which I needed.

Then pulled 3Thor Red off hulk token from the previous day sub. Then pulled HulkBuster Red from my daily supply reward heroic token.

This brings me to having all the 3 stars once I slot my waiting Rags and the new Thor, and gotta find a spot for that Hulkbuster as well.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    previous best pvp score = low 1100s. made 1300...twice.

IMG_3187_zpskn71vn66.pngIMG_3189_zpsdx0890sr.png

if you wish you can read all about it here (its kinda long):

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32824

hb up to 2/2/2 and my first legendary token, which will be opened just as soon as the 5* odds go up to 10%.
  • I decided to cash in on some tacos today and on my first pull, I see icon_wolverine.png hoping it is the X-Force blackflag.png that is in my vault. Nope. 2* Wolvie. Very next pull..... blackflag.png X-Force Wolvie! Looks like I don't need to cash out the rest of my tacos and can keep hoarding icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Failing 9 times to 1v1 Cyc, with a 158 4/3/1 XFW. Then managing on the last health pack. Token = Elektra, making her 1/1/1.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legendary Token from final taco this morning, beat the 4*DDQ node on 4th try for a second.. and will hit 70k in Hulk today for a 3rd... can't wait to open them.. going to wait until i have all 3. Been so long since i had anything to post in here!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I'm not one to hoard tokens of any kind, I had to open my Legendary token from beating Cyclops. I pulled a blue Silver Surfer. I think I'm done with MPQ today, since the AI will be cascading the heck out of me to compensate.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a much-needed icon_punisher.pngredflag.png from a taco, and then 250 imcoin.png , which let me open my next slot, saving my icon_professorx.png from expiry.

(Now of course I wish I'd saved the previously expired icon_professorx.png ... ah well. Can't have everything.)
  • uzumaki_naruto
    uzumaki_naruto Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    My best moment has been clearing the Big Enchilada without losing a single hit point. I use 2* Mags, Storm and Thor. Collect enough blue and green in the first wave to stun and use 'call the storm' on wave 2. Repeat the same with wave 3 and 4. This has happened a few times and it is oddly satisfying.
  • This is probably the best week Ive had in MPQ so far.

As mentioned earlier, on the season end, pulled all 3 stars on my alliance season reward tokens, and I also pulled Ragnarok which completed my 3 star roster, thanks to the 250 HP reward I pulled from DDQ. I now have all 40 3 stars slotted. I pulled a Hulk Buster Blue yesterday from my legendary token, and then for my final alliance reward Hulk token, pulled an Invisible Woman, which means one less 4 star essential node lockout in the future. Just have to roster her. Over all, my pulls have been -great- this past week, both from event and heroic tokens, as well as from DDQ.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was going to just chill and take Divine Champions off since it wasn't a season event. An alliance-mate said they went for the progression hp and quit, so I was like you're right, why pass up free hp?

So I climbed to the last hp progression, had health packs to spare and lots of good targets, so I went on to 900 for the event token.

Got a 4pool purple. icon_e_smile.gif (other two were double bullseyes, one of each version. I guess that was a sign!)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    three golds from event tokens:

yellowflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png

blackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png

greenflag.pngicon_thing.png

and got a blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png for an hour of work in divine champions and a greenflag.pngicon_blade.png in ddq. solid day.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I pulled a icon_thing.png I didn't have out of my day 1 Rocket & Groot token. Quite happy.
  • During the last Hulk event, I was doing one of the hard nodes (with Daken and Bullseye at lvl 200 I think) and lost twice with 3 maxed out powered up characters (GSBW, Gamora, Blade). I decide to use Storm, Captain Marvel, and Scarlet Witch and was able to pull off like 10 Reality Crushes (it was more like 5 but it felt like 10 lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What made this great for me was that her blue ability is only at 3 and most of the pink matches came from one 5-match that pretty much destroyed the whole board... Really restored my faith in the game haha.

icon_scarletwitch.png : blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been a long time since I've pulled a 4* from any kind of a token. (EDIT: Well, no, not true: I did get that Mr. Fantastic from an event token. Before THAT one it had been several months.) My 3* aren't completely covered, but the number of needed 3* covers dwindles rapidly.

So it may be a while before I have another Best MPQ Moment of the Day.

/sigh