Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    After having very bad luck with event tokens over the last several weeks, I lucked into 2 very good draws from the beast event:

yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
    blackflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png

I pretty much need every 4* cover other than XFW, so these definitely made my MPQ day icon_e_smile.gif
  • rdevil32
    rdevil32 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Happy to see that the Best MPQ Moment thread has much more views and posts than the Worst MPQ Moment thread.

Who says forumers are whiners? icon_e_wink.gif
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Opened a Beast token placement freebie this morning, popped up a Red 4Thor!

I was pretty stoked about that. My four stars are really sparse in covers, so I'm happy about the new progression awards giving a Legendary for us PVE grinders.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    OJSP wrote:
    rdevil32 wrote:
    Happy to see that the Best MPQ Moment thread has much more views and posts than the Worst MPQ Moment thread.

Who says forumers are whiners? icon_e_wink.gif
    Though, sadly.. the number of views there is relatively more than here.. maybe we just like to see or hear about other people's misery.. icon_e_smile.gif
    lol I frequent both threads and post in both. the other serves an important function imo, to vent frustration, which will inevitably happen in the game. so much better to vent and move on than to fill every post with bitterness and snark.

anyway, last night made 1300 in beast pvp for my 3rd time up there. that took my leg pile up to 8.

took 10 tries, but got another leg from hulk and in the process my hb ended up 3/2/3 at level 168, my first above 166. my leg pile is up to 9 now and should be 10 after TaT.

edit: taco vault had 2 hbs in it, blue/black, so I tried and pulled the 20-something tacos I had for it. no hb, but did get the legendary token. that 2nd 5* cannot get here fast enough lol. seeing that pile in double digits now is sooo tempting.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just finished a match in Real McCoy with under a minute to go. It didn't get me to 1k because I got hit in the process, but I finished exactly 100th. Whew!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got out of work on time, drove round to the park to sit in the warm sun (practically unheard of in Scotland at this time of year!) and play out the last 40 minutes of Real McCoy so as my season score wouldn't suffer too much (didn't shield as I'm trying to save HP to roster a Mr Fantastic and for anniversary week).
    I'd been beaten down from about 800 at lunch to 600 after work, so started picking through some tasty targets with Beast/Cyke/Fist combo. The targets start falling. I find some more tasty targets in my queue, leave some for after another fight so they have a chance to shield, try not to double tap, and leave behind the odd 50 pointer to be polite, but everyone falls, like the autumnal leaves lying at my feet in the grass. Loki, dead. Cyclops, dead. Iceman, dead. Captain Marvel, dead. Beast, dead. Iron Fist, dead.
    I got hit maybe 2 times in and before I knew it I was fingertips away from my first Thing cover. I crossed the threshold, only to be denied by a rogue attack. I brushed it off and at the second time of asking, the gate stayed open and I reached the hallowed land of 1000 points without a shield.
    Apologies for the waffling saga, but I'm just so chilled out right now icon_e_smile.gif

tl;dr aimed to close out pvp at around 800, reached 1000 without shielding, top 50 to boot. Playing MPQ on a peaceful park bench in the sun after a day at work is ace.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    My best moment of the day began last night when I was able to hit legendary progression after only 5 fights in the last sub of TAT. I, like I assume many others who aren't itching to get their 45th+ mohawk storm cover(s), was able to hit the brakes after crossing 48k, If there is anyone out there in s4 who actually needs them, they can have them as far as I'm concerned. I didn't have to fight against the Hood at all, and now I can take a much needed day off from PVE. This means that I didn't feel like I had to wake up early to start my morning clear, I didn't have to bring my tablet with me to work today, and I don't have to worry about playing it tonight. I've seen people post things like this before, and now I know why it brings them so much joy. So for the first time, my best moment is the moment I got my freedom and the moments I didn't have/won't have dealing with the final grind of TAT. Oh, and getting an Antman blue from the token, I didn't have any of those yet. I feel like Moe Syzslak holding two knives.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just this week:

all 4*s from leg tokens, pvp tokens, 1k rewards..

icon_ironman.pngredflag.png (bout time!)
    icon_antman.pngblueflag.png
    icon_thor.pngredflag.png
    icon_carnage.pngblackflag.png
    icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_professorx.pngyellowflag.png
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Got the season 19 legendary token today, and out popped blue Silver Surfer =) perfect ending for the season
  • I got my first 4 star from the DDQ vault, it was XDP purple. icon_e_smile.gif

Considering I never hoard my tokens, it was a pleasant surprise.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Feel like I'm betraying my fearless commander unco_dan by posting here and not in the reality thread, but just got my first ever PvP 1st in Shulk! Now I need to figure out how to respec AntMan (currently 544).
  • I hit 2000 in the Season Simulator for the first time ever! Sorry if I interrupted anyone climb. I'm unshielded now so feel free to kick the crud out of me.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqstooge wrote:
    I hit 2000 in the Season Simulator for the first time ever! Sorry if I interrupted anyone climb. I'm unshielded now so feel free to kick the crud out of me.

same here, but second time. only needed 1 - 8 hour shield this time. then got 250 hp from the bonus taco token.
  • mgallop wrote:
    Feel like I'm betraying my fearless commander unco_dan by posting here and not in the reality thread, but just got my first ever PvP 1st in Shulk! Now I need to figure out how to respec AntMan (currently 544).

I'm so telling… icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    mpqstooge wrote:
    I hit 2000 in the Season Simulator for the first time ever! Sorry if I interrupted anyone climb. I'm unshielded now so feel free to kick the crud out of me.

I got 2000 first time also. After climbing to 1909 and getting beaten down, I tried over the next few days to at least make up some of the points I lost. Sat down the other day and just started playing and after about an hour or so, I went from 1600 all the way to 2008 for my second Jean Gray green cover of the week (the other one was from an alliance token).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kevin61 wrote:
    mpqstooge wrote:

I got 2000 first time also. After climbing to 1909 and getting beaten down, I tried over the next few days to at least make up some of the points I lost. Sat down the other day and just started playing and after about an hour or so, I went from 1600 all the way to 2008 for my second Jean Gray green cover of the week (the other one was from an alliance token).
    This has been my approach, too. I try to climb a bit at a time throughout the season, then one big push to 2000. Then I pay it forward by letting everyone take me for as many points as they can. icon_e_smile.gif
  • My best season position, T25 (I was the 25th) gave me two 10 packs, previously my best were 4 heroics.

My first carnage black was the only usable on first pack, purple IF (now my dupe is 113) was the only gold on the second.

Season alliance token gave me...

Screenshot_2015_10_05_06_59_50.png

Yes! Blue surfer! The DDQ legendary gave me the 13th HB cover, too bad it was a blue and not red (454 now).
  • Kirinknight
    Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Repost from token draw thread but couldn't help not sharing here as it was a feel good moment:

In 4* transition still and had saved up 8 tokens and finally pulled today:

1 Blue Thoress
    2 yellow Star Lord (booo)
    1 red XDP
    2 purple XDP
    1 black Hulkbuster (still 0 reds!)
    1 Old Man Logan

Had been getting destroyed in DDQ with my 3/1/0 XDP but finally cleared after the draws bumped me to 4/1/2! Used the token to get...

1 purple XDP!

Haha..so from 3/1/0 build to 4/1/3 build in 15 mins. Finally a good day!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    So i used up all my google play credit with the sale, and have about 35k+ HP.. 20k going to an anniversary 40pack.. so i thought i should whale some covers i needed badly.. starting with IMHB who was at 2/5/4.... some good advice told me to wait.. if i was going to get a 40 pack, don't whale any covers until after.. because you get a leg token from the pack, and you may get the covers you need anyway.

This morning, i got my leg token from Iso-8 brotherhood... IMHB redflag.png

good advice saved me 2500HP yesterday!!
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    On my mobile (2nd) account I managed to pull 2 *** Mystique's from a 1 star token when opening 4 off them. Would have loved these for my main account but definitely not complaining icon_e_smile.gif