Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• FloridaFan
    FloridaFan Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    I finished my first Gauntlet without using any whales and it's Day 367 so I just got my third Devil Dino cover icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Screenshot_2015_09_11_17_30_59.png
    Yay

Second 1300 ever, 4th HB Red. 453, all my iso goes to him now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Screenshot_2015_09_11_17_30_59.png
    Yay
    good job. congrats. I know some of those were from me. had to be bad timing during first match of a hop. I had a rough night but hopefully i'll be posting the same - at 1296 now.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Several high points today ... hit 1300 in Blue Shift despite only having QS covers earned this week, and running Witch Rogers.

That's impressive. Mind sharing some details on how you did it? Shield use, time slice etc. I feel like I would have to use 5 shields and get lucky to get to 1300 with my 3* team.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    That's impressive. Mind sharing some details on how you did it? Shield use, time slice etc. I feel like I would have to use 5 shields and get lucky to get to 1300 with my 3* team.

I also hit 1300 for the first time, but cheated more since I used 3 whales. Slice 1. Climbed mainly with preboost 140s (boosted to 245, 200, 200), 553 QS, 535 SW, 355 LCap.

-Hit 1003, shielded with 3 hr, used +2 r/y, +2 b/p boosts after 800.
    -Broke 35 min later, got to 1123, from 2 matches, used same team, put up an 8 hr, used +2 r/y, +2 b/p, +2 all. -Lined up 60+ pt nodes, and ended up dumping some for 70+ pt nodes. Since I only used 1 whales for the Gauntlet, and didn't want my progress to go to waste, I contemplated whaling all 3 nodes to cross 1300.
    -Let the 8 hr run out, used SW and my DP to go into the first match. All matches used +2 b/p, +2 all.
    +First match, wasn't paying attention, my lvl 40 (boosted to 45) 1/3/0 Deadpool dupe got put in. He almost went down due to QS blue from other team. Managed to get whales off.
    -Healthpacks to QS, SW, and put in my 140 5/5/3 Deadpool (buffed to 200), same boosts. Whaled 2nd node. --Healthpacks to all 3, same boosts, whaled. Hit 1339. Got 5th IMHB red.

Probably didn't need to use the healthpacks, and maybe not the boosts, but better safe than sorry.

Broke shield in the last 4 minutes to take on a 62 pt match, won, was at 1401, 12th place. Last 30 seconds or so, attack notifcation for -68 pts. Finished 18th with 1333.
  • Hit 1300 in QS PvP. First 1300 ever, and I will treasure the 2nd IMHB red it got me!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my 3rd Torch (3) redflag.png to bring him to 3/5/5. Now if I could just get two more...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    Hit a personal best of 1418 in Blue shift, on 2 shields. Zipped up to 1.1k from 600 starting with 6 health packs and ending with 3 before I shielded on getting hit for -61. Made a 3 match hop to pass 1.35k and shielded again, then came out in the last 4 minutes just because I could and passed 1.4k.

(Score was only good for 28th in my bracket, haha.)

Quicksilver is the best featured character for pvp ever. He was getting his free aoe off on average of twice a match for more damage than his sister's buffed 14ap purple, which made matches incredibly fast and painless. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Today was amazing.

With Marvelfamily I couldn't play DDQ (Psylocke), so I started with Under the sea... and the Taco brought.... Psylocke with blueflag.png. Okay, what a nice pull, so I could play the whole DDQ. icon_e_biggrin.gif

With Stormysusie I got Elektra with purpleflag.png again by pulling her with the daily resupply, it was a heroic token. I looked like icon_eek.gif and then icon_mrgreen.gif...
    and DDQ brought Psylocke with blackflag.png on this team up to all 3 skills. Yay!

Then played Hulk a little bit, standard token came up... Falcon Sam Wilson with yellowflag.png, now he's on 4/3/3.... where do I get tons of ISO iso8.png now?

So, isn't that nice? icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • DFiPL
    Being sad because Bullseye's upcoming DDQ is for a cover I already had maxed, and then pulling one of the other two from a taco to get him to 12 covers.

Downshot is the cover I just pulled is now ALSO maxed so it'll be 2 months before he's fully covered unless I get his black somewhere, but forward progress is still happy-making.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opened my first star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png from a token in months - Nick Fury Purple! At 2/3/5 and level 166 I hope he'll help me earn a legendary token sometime in the near future.
  • DFiPL
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Opened my first star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png from a token in months - Nick Fury Purple! At 2/3/5 and level 166 I hope he'll help me earn a legendary token sometime in the near future.

standard, heroic or event?
  • PuceMoose
    DFiPL wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    standard, heroic or event?

I wish I could raise everyone's hopes and claim it was from a standard token, but Mr. Fury popped out from a "The Hulk" event token this evening.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won my first legendary token* in fantastic pvp. And the pvp tokens yielded Moonstone, HT and Mr F himself.

* Which i will hoard for better odds of screwing my scaling later. icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks to everyone who waited long enough for me to hop and shield again before bouncing - I was having trouble connecting to the server for a few minutes after my 2nd match and couldn't shield, and still didn't get any attacks in the interim, no Line communication involved. You're all great and I hope you got your target scores.

Side note: Gamora/IF are the absolute best characters to buff for a new character pvp - this is the only way Gamora gets to tank her colours when not featured, and she is awesome when she gets to do that. IF is her perfect partner and him being able to punch HB flat with 15 purple doesn't hurt either. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Reached 2K in Shield simulator for the first time today! Think this is also the first time i've outright earned a 4* cover rather than drawing one from a pack or as a daily reward. I had one Ant-man cover already so now have him on two purpleflag.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif

Pushed from 1.5k to 2k over yesterday and today, my team being 166 Magneto, 166 Thor and 131 Loki (all three star) was great fun and it felt really good to finally hit such a high target.

WnxLg53.png
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Side note: Gamora/IF are the absolute best characters to buff for a new character pvp - this is the only way Gamora gets to tank her colours when not featured, and she is awesome when she gets to do that. IF is her perfect partner and him being able to punch HB flat with 15 purple doesn't hurt either. icon_e_smile.gif

Agree with you totally on that combo. Way back, I had 8-10 covers for a Gamora dupe, that I decided not to roster. Then IF and Gamora were boosted and I regretted not rostering that dupe. My dupe Gamora right now is a sad 0/2/1.
  • DFiPL
    Jumped in the Mr. Fantastic PVP slice that was ending at noon central. Found myself with an abundance of seed teams to fight, so the early part of my climb was slow going as 38 quickly dropped to about 20...but hell, I'm not going to turn down easy points as I push for a token.

There'd been about 2h30 to go when I entered, and after an hour and change, I was sitting at 90. T100 reward was Mystique black, which was the last cover I needed for her to reach thirteen (edit: I thought she was 5/3/4. Nope: 3/5/4 going in and I want 5/3/5). Went ahead and shielded to the end of the event because the 'winnable' fights that were popping up were low point values and the decent values were...beyond me.

Took a bath, came back with 10m to go to see what the landscape looked like. I had fallen to 114, but the folks immediately ahead of me were kind of bunched up, so I took a risk, broke shield, won a fight. That got me up to 96 with 4 minutes left. Won another, got the 'event has ended!' message after it, but the event still loaded back in and showed me up to 88 (and 711). Cover got rewarded, so all is well. Placement imcoin.png plus the two imcoin.png progression rewards I reached made the effort HP-neutral.

Now to see if, with no season events left to play, I can stay in the top 1000 for that extra Heroic token.
  • Only started Reed pvp today with about 13h to end, and started shield SIM yesterday and put around 1200. Today's income, 1k on pvp and 2k on SIM.

Screenshot_2015_09_13_18_55_04.png

Reed 222, antman 213.
  • PuceMoose
    Weeee-hooo!
    Not exactly an original, but I hit the 2,000 sim mark for my very own Ant Man purple. I started at 1426 or so this evening and climbed on the backs of a ton of Loki/Patch/Daken teams. One of our forumites provided the points for the final push - good old unco_dan! I hope you were shielded (and suspect you were.) I could not pass up those 71 points from a 166 witch/120 Prof X/120 Grey suit widow. I did the *vast* majority of my climb from 0 to 2025 with 166 Luke Cage/ 166 Cyclops / 166 Iron Fist.

Some interesting things I noticed in my climb this season:
    Completely (or nearly so - it is possible I overlooked one or two) absent from any teams I faced:
    Nick Fury (?)
    4Thor (?)
    Sentry
    Ragnarok (duh)
    Quicksilver (duh)
    Vision (duh)
    Beast (d.. hey... he's not so bad now, come on!)

I saw a lot more of these than I expected:
    *** Spiderman
    Witch was *everywhere*, and not just with Prof X.
    *** Captain America

I saw a lot fewer of these than I expected:
    Lazy Thor
    Black Panther
    Kamala Khan

X-force Wolverine, Hulkbuster. and Prof X were by far the most common four stars I encountered. I did not see even one Silver Surfer, Starlord, Antman, Elektra, or Reed Richards.
  • DFiPL
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Weeee-hooo!
    Not exactly an original, but I hit the 2,000 sim mark for my very own Ant Man purple. I started at 1426 or so this evening and climbed on the backs of a ton of Loki/Patch/Daken teams. One of our forumites provided the points for the final push - good old unco_dan! I hope you were shielded (and suspect you were.) I could not pass up those 71 points from a 166 witch/120 Prof X/120 Grey suit widow. I did the *vast* majority of my climb from 0 to 2025 with 166 Luke Cage/ 166 Cyclops / 166 Iron Fist.

Some interesting things I noticed in my climb this season:
    Completely (or nearly so - it is possible I overlooked one or two) absent from any teams I faced:
    Nick Fury (?)
    4Thor (?)
    Sentry
    Ragnarok (duh)
    Quicksilver (duh)
    Vision (duh)
    Beast (d.. hey... he's not so bad now, come on!)

I saw a lot more of these than I expected:
    *** Spiderman
    Witch was *everywhere*, and not just with Prof X.
    *** Captain America

I saw a lot fewer of these than I expected:
    Lazy Thor
    Black Panther
    Kamala Khan

X-force Wolverine, Hulkbuster. and Prof X were by far the most common four stars I encountered. I did not see even one Silver Surfer, Starlord, Antman, Elektra, or Reed Richards.

It'll be a while before I can take my shiny new Richards into combat. All he has is the healing passive so far.

I AM hopeful that I'll be able to scrape a 4* cover here and there when the 4* nodes come to DDQ. Maybe then I can build some of those cats.