Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    5th blackflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png thank you Deadpool!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does it count as an MPQ moment if I found a Deadpool t-shirt for $5 on clearance? icon_lol.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Managed to snag a icon_hood.pngblueflag.png! My Hood is now fully covered properly. Feels good.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    My PVP alliance has decided if we fall to T250, we're ok, so I'm able to use less shields and not worry about letting them down. Used to have to use 3 and 8 to protect 1k, but now I can use less to hit 1k, although might not be protecting as many pts, if I even bother shielding til the end.

Climbed from 600s to 1k in PVP. Came out of match that brought me over 1k, grabbed my final Xforce black, notification of 3 defensive wins pops up, so instead of putting 8 hr til end with 1002, was able to protect 1027 pts. Multiple bounces afterwards.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    My first 1000 reward in pvp!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 9 tacos just now and received:

icon_magneto.pngyellowflag.png (now 5/5/2, after the BE he'll be 5/5/3!)
    icon_bullseye.pnggreenflag.png (now 2/2/1)
    250 spideycoin.png (unlocked my next slot so I could save a icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png from expiry)

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_mrgreen.gif
  • finally covering xforce correctly from 1k pvp cover
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I saved up 30+ tacos for a chance at the 4* in my vault, didn't get them... but got 2 x 250 HP prizes, and a few decent 3*.

Got a freebie event token from PVP, opened it to a flashing cover.. ELEKTRA! That was the only char I was missing. I now have every 2, 3, and 4 star in my roster (except Devil Dino). Finally!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Yesterday, the end time for my Man Made PVP was coming up. I logged in with an hour left to see I was still sitting right outside top 100. I completed a couple matches and hit rank 83 with no attacks in sight. Just then, my wife's phone died and she needed mine with about 20 minutes left. I sweated out as she continued to talk with her mom. Long story short, I didn't get my phone back until after 8:00 p.m.. Even still, I managed to finish 80 and get the KK yellowflag.png with the 25 HP and ISO bonus!
  • DFiPL
    Misread the text on the 75 HP shield in Made Man last night and shielded about an hour before I otherwise might have, at 600, good for 11th place (fringe benefits to only dabbling in PVP). So it unshielded automatically with about an hour and change to go, letting people hit me, but I didn't get knocked out of the top 50. Got the icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png I was really after and 50 HP. 25 HP for a cover? Sure.
  • alexnmbc
    alexnmbc Posts: 38
    Hit 2000 in Shield Sim just now. Sorry to anyone who got doubletapped (specifically looking at you, over_clocked, fairly sure I hit you twice) wasn't anything personal, just slim pickings and this was my only window pre-this weekend to try get that Ant-Man cover!

Sat at #1, with 2012 points right now unshielded, have at it! I won't be retaliating.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Last three days I've pulled:

3* Black Panther black from DDQ 4/5/4 gotta get him to 5/3/5
    3* Magneto 13th cover from DDQ! 3/5/5 exactly like I wanted him and that's how they fell.
    3* Kamala Khan purple from a Standard Token! 13th cover! 4/5/4 gonna go 3/5/5, just need to get 250 more points to get the 800 point green cover in her Teenage Riot event!

Magneto and Kamala are my 9th and 10th fully covered characters maxed out to level 166. My 3* Deadpool is 5/5/3 and I need about 40k iso to finish him off, he will be my 11th. I have not spent one dime of the $50 - $100 I've spent on this game on covers. Feels good. Also with the compensation it put me over the top for my 65th roster slot so I'm all ready for Mr. Fantastic.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Decided to pull a bunch of tokens, including tacos. Netted the following:

icon_storm.pnggreenflag.png (didn't need)
    icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png (I had just earned the 5th in DDQ minutes earlier, so another 500 ISO)
    icon_humantorch.pngredflag.png (from a standard! That's 2 red for him now.)
    icon_shehulk.pngblueflag.png (2nd)
    icon_daredevil.pngblueflag.png (4th)

Can't complain. She-Hulk's now level 102, DD is 91, and Torch is 127.
  • DFiPL
    Looked at the icon_kamalakhan.png PVP last night, and decided that the only slice I was really going to have a shot at playing enough to earn the red Captain America (3) cover I needed was the one that ended at 7 am central time. Thing is, I had to sleep, too, so I couldn't stay up til 4 am to shield. Not and be functional for work.

So I played up to about 650 points or so, which had me in 6th place with just under 7 hours left. Reluctantly spent 150 HP on a shield, and comforted myself by saying "well, you already earned 50 HP, so you're really only spending 100 out of pocket, and if you get the red Cap cover, you'll get another 50 HP back."

Wake up this morning, see that I got attacked three times while shielded (and won all three, woo) and that the points from those battles were apparently enough to move me into the top 5. Three Cap covers, 5000 ISO, and 100 HP. Broke even on HP, got the red I needed, and since I didn't need the other two covers, an extra 6k ISO.

Got Luke Cage's third black cover from DDQ shortly after that, and one of the tacos yielded another 250 HP.

Good start to the day.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    This is from yesterday - I got 1,000 HP from the DDQ vault. That made me a happy camper.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my best season 10pk:

shulk red - not usable
    JG purple - woohoo - up to 1/-/2 now
    KP yellow - woohoo - makes him 1/1/1 now
    mags red - can use on my dupe
    colossus yellow - can respec him now to 5/5/3 (yippie)

also reached 1K in KK making 2 in a row. next week's boosteds don't look great for me so we'll see how it goes.
  • In the Kamala Khan event I was in the first slice and was planning on speed bracketing my way to a cover at 800 shielding and going on my way. I wiped repeatedly after getting to the 650 mark which isn't even my normal equilibrium, I usually bounce around 820ish. Mind you I was doing this after work at 3am est. I ended up using up all my health packs and said screw it, if I get annoyed this much I'll end up waking up my 6month old son. Fell asleep and woke up to a red cover for LCap. My LCap was specced at 4/4/5 and I desperately needed that red. The kicker? I was 99/100!
  • hit 2k in simulator 2 seconds before getting attacked icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Ended up being busy so climbed in pvp much later than usual - ended up in top 3 with my first shield and decided to take a shot at first unless my alliance mate was already there. Got in all my hops without getting hit, took the lead 2 hrs out, got passed, and managed to retake it with my last shield with 10 mins to go - followed by about a dozen people bouncing off at the end.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opening up my 10 packs has been a ho-hum affair, cos I only need 4* covers now.

With no expectations, I opened up my season 10 packs. All the gold covers which I don't need...But hey, a 4*!

Oh shucks... A GT which I have max.

Open another 2 more... And hey! A 4* again....

This time its Jean grey purple! Bringing her to 4 purple.

Which is great bec she can deal with any special tiles now. icon_e_smile.gif happy day!