Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finishing 6th place in Earth's Mightiest and breaking 1k in pvp again.

I probably could have taken first if I tried but I just wanted to hit 1k icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got 16th in Earth's mightiest, Bullseye is now fully covered! So , i immediately leveled him to 120 to play with in Nefarious Foes.. Contract Killer is one of my favorite moves/animations in the game.. the sheer look of glee on his face when he places those tiles...
  • Malcrof wrote:

I probably could have taken first if I tried but I just wanted to hit 1k icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got 16th in Earth's mightiest, Bullseye is now fully covered! So , i immediately leveled him to 120 to play with in Nefarious Foes.. Contract Killer is one of my favorite moves/animations in the game.. the sheer look of glee on his face when he places those tiles...

Of course the only cover I needed was the one they didnt give me lol
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Forget my previous post about Cyclops covers and 13th IF cover. Playing Earth's Mightiest. All health packs gone. Cage, Thor and Cap down. Who's left in my roster for the last push to 800 points? GSBW? No. Falcon? No. Hulk? No, wait. Hulk! Who else? Patch! And 2* Thor. Start game. Perfect greens into BR. Hulk goes ballistic, wipes the whole opposing team basically in one turn. Needs only one BR to seal the deal. VICTORY! Exit game. Goddang, lost points during the match. Well, Hulk's not in bad shape. Frantically find a decent match. Found one. Start game with green 5-match. Another green match. BR. Down opposing Thor with two anger triggers. Match something. BR. Down opposing Cap. Capt Marvel left. Call the Storm. Dang, didn't go down. Hulk left with under 3k life and strike tiles all over the place. AI matches something. Use some green ability. 2nd win. Exit game. Got Beast cover. Shield as fast as I can click. Boy, that was intense. My first and second Hulk-bombing. Gotta remember not to try to use this against Jean Grey...
  • Malcrof wrote:

you're tempting me to play/level with Bullseye - Magneto powered up is a very good killer, afterwards I'll contractkill while collecting AP.

If only he got credit for other ppl's kills hmmmm
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Forget my previous post about Cyclops covers and 13th IF cover. Playing Earth's Mightiest. All health packs gone. Cage, Thor and Cap down. Who's left in my roster for the last push to 800 points? GSBW? No. Falcon? No. Hulk? No, wait. Hulk! Who else? Patch! And 2* Thor. Start game. Perfect greens into BR. Hulk goes ballistic, wipes the whole opposing team basically in one turn. Needs only one BR to seal the deal. VICTORY! Exit game. Goddang, lost points during the match. Well, Hulk's not in bad shape. Frantically find a decent match. Found one. Start game with green 5-match. Another green match. BR. Down opposing Thor with two anger triggers. Match something. BR. Down opposing Cap. Capt Marvel left. Call the Storm. Dang, didn't go down. Hulk left with under 3k life and strike tiles all over the place. AI matches something. Use some green ability. 2nd win. Exit game. Got Beast cover. Shield as fast as I can click. Boy, that was intense. My first and second Hulk-bombing. Gotta remember not to try to use this against Jean Grey...

Had to take a deep breath after reading this one
  • Realizing I already have 3 icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png so there's no reason to keep abusing myself with these powered up Hood Magneto teams in PVP to try to hit 1k icon_cool.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    just got 3, 3* tokens within a 5 minute span.

blackflag.pngicon_cyclops.png for top 150 in pve
    purpleflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.png with an event token
    redflag.pngicon_daredevil.png from a standard token
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    After getting nothing usable from event tokens all week long, my token for top 100 finish in the final sub of Ninja **** yielded my 4th redflag.png for Daredevil. Since I want him at 5 covers in redflag.png and that's the next cover he'll have in DDQ, that was a tasty pull.
  • knowing that I wouldn't get top 150 for EOTS to only be gifted with 1*blue spidey and thing green thru event tokens at the end
  • I had my first top 25 PVP finish in Nefarious Foes, and had a team rack up more defensive wins than losses. (Ares, Daken, Bullseye, of all things) I suspect I was in a newb bracket because I don't PVP much, but still!

Got covers to bring my daredevil up to 3 purpletile.png 2 bluetile.png 1 redtile.png but unfortunately EOTS was already over. XD
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    New best moment: This morning when I got up, with a short time left on Nefarious Foes, I was 44th, or thereabouts. All I really wanted was to maintain top 50, and get my last Daredevil blue cover. For sheets and giggles with about 40 minutes left I ran through a few quick battles and pulled into 21st place! Top 25 oh yeah! Then I found out after the dust settled it pulled me into 19th. Sweet! So I got another DD cover (free 500ISO, as I didn't need it) and my final blue cover (yay!DD at 5/3/5) and a lot of extra ISO AND some HP to boot!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    One from yesterday, one from today. Yesterday, not having Ragnarok for DDQ, I played for the 1k ISO and one Taco pull. Pulled 5k ISO for the first time ever! Today, not having Kamala Kahn, I did the same thing. On my one token pull, Kamala Kahn yellowflag.png to go along with today's DDQ offering of KK purpleflag.png . I had actually got enough HP two days ago for another roster slot!
  • rawfsu wrote:
    One from yesterday, one from today. Yesterday, not having Ragnarok for DDQ, I played for the 1k ISO and one Taco pull. Pulled 5k ISO for the first time ever! Today, not having Kamala Kahn, I did the same thing. On my one token pull, Kamala Kahn yellowflag.png to go along with today's DDQ offering of KK purpleflag.png . I had actually got enough HP two days ago for another roster slot!

This reminds me of a few days ago when Dock ock was up, and I got him out of a PVE token at midnight that night.

Had to wait an hour for 2 health packs to regen to tackle the TBE and was worried because I wasn't sure when the DDQ reset.
  • DFiPL
    Haetron wrote:
    rawfsu wrote:

This reminds me of a few days ago when Dock ock was up, and I got him out of a PVE token at midnight that night.

Had to wait an hour for 2 health packs to regen to tackle the TBE and was worried because I wasn't sure when the DDQ reset.

IIRC 5:50 am EST is when the previous ends and 6am is when the new begins.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Got my first 1300 pvp cover (red thing) ever. Won a 40 pt fight to go over 1300 but came back to -68 loss. Was able to hit a 71 pt fight right away. Never been in a good position before after crossing 1k line. Didn't think I could do it with no 4* above lvl 165. Tried not to double tap anyone but man it gets hard when u r scrambling for fights during a shield hop. I'm shielded til the end so anyone who needs the 60+ puts I'm worth, hit me as much as u want. I won't retal.
  • DFiPL
    After sitting out basically all of last season, I hopped in the Blind Justice PVP with about 4 hours to go, and managed to finish top 25 for red and blue Vision covers. I won a fight that would have given me 575+ for the hero points, but because the event ignores the result of anything you finish after the deadline, even if you began it before, no joy on that front.

But those two covers get Vision on the cusp of usability.
  • 5th Blue Fury from Taco
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ok, so i have a lot to catch up on - was out for 2 weeks on a trip where i didn't do the forum at all, but was able to ddq and pvp.

* did not miss a day of ddq and hit at least 800 on every pvp and even hit 1K 3 times -
    * daken event was easy with maxed daken tanking and boosted maxed Cyclops with fist feeding cyc;
    * made it for xpool (thor/hood i think); and
    * made if for nefarious foes with mags/loki/hood.

those are my first times making 1K without any hopping - only used 8 hr shields on season events and offseason just pushed for progression and left it. while out those 2 weeks i...

* maxed daken (for his event) and
    * panther (for this week's buffs) and
    * took vision from 70 to 120.

spending on vision was initially painful but now that i have my 4th xforce black and got it so easily, don't regret it now. when he's boosted he goes well with fist and add a boosted black user and that goes surprisingly well. was able to catch the fresh slice 5 yesterday for sam Wilson and finished t50 with some work on the grind. downside - my stark from 5 months ago has dwindled away (7 covers to kick off my transition and many roster slots and shields) and I'm down to 700 hp - could really use a sale to reload my stash.

ps: it is pretty nice to not be playing pve except just as desired. i miss the hp from sub t50s but can do that here and there and the time relief will allow me to not burn myself out near as much and my time is better spent right now chasing pvp progressions.
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Earned my Captain America 4* by finishing rank 54 in my event! So far he is my favorite 4* that I have. Can't wait to get more covers for him.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 280. Finally got my first BP black cover through DDQ. Thanks to the misguided vaulting system, he was unavailable in tokens for an extended period when I was first playing, so it took a long time and a lucky taco pull to finally get him. He's 4/2/1 for me now.

Also drew a Fury blue from a token. That's 2 covers for him now.

Also drew a Thing green. No slot for him icon_e_sad.gif