Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    reached 800 progression in PVP for the first time. made it up to 60th (approx). then proceeded to battle hard for the next hour and a half to stay in the top 100, losing 2 matches for every one i won. burned through 22 health packs. finished my last match with less than a minute to go to end up in 93rd.

there really should be a lock on your team while you're in a match. there's really nothing fun about finishing a match to find out your net loss while playing that one is -80.

not really a best moment cause it would have been nice to happen in a match that counted but, had a crazy cascade in ddq today (after the match ended) that produced 5 critical tiles.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished PVE sub Top 2 (this is the easiest PVE I've played in a while. Currently 23k over 3rd, so the KP black should be mine, even if I stopped playing now). With my 2 tokens, I got the 4th black for my Daken dupe and the 1st red for my Elektra dupe (I want her at 5/5/3, so red will go to 1/0/0 dupe instead of 5/4/3 main).

Played Psylocke PVP from 300 with 5 hrs left, so I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna hit 1k. I was right. Didn't even hit 850. Playing that late, with the available buffed characters, more attacks, and more people already shielded, I accepted the fact that 1k was a pipe dream. 2nd time I've missed IMHB black at 1k. My 4/3/3 could've used both.

After getting the 650 token, I realized I hadn't opened the 300 token. Opened both, Thing red (2/1/3 now) and KK purple for dupe (1/2/0 now). I am usually never this fortunate with tokens, but it is a very nice change of pace to get 4 golds, and all of them to be usable. Not gonna push my luck trying to open my hoarded taco tokens. Would've liked to get 900 just to see if I would get another gold from the token, but wasn't meant to be.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just hit 1k in a PVP for the very first time.. thank you to all who helped with advice!! IMHB is now 1/5/3

WHoZVF9.jpg
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    jredd wrote:
    reached 800 progression in PVP for the first time. made it up to 60th (approx). then proceeded to battle hard for the next hour and a half to stay in the top 100, losing 2 matches for every one i won. burned through 22 health packs. finished my last match with less than a minute to go to end up in 93rd.

there really should be a lock on your team while you're in a match. there's really nothing fun about finishing a match to find out your net loss while playing that one is -80.

You need to shield after you get high enough when you start getting attacked. Then you eventually drop off most everyones queue. Then you can jump in and play 1 - 3 matches before you appear on queues for the most part. You can be hit mainly by those that would already have you in their queue already and your not coming into new ones at this time.

Then you need to either be at your target points or re-shield.

You might already know this, but I don't think enough people realize that shielding takes you out of the queue system.

Earlier on I thought the only real benefit was to regenerate health packs, while maybe getting a few positive defensive wins while not losing points on losses.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Coming in a little late on the Loki Lightning Round, still getting nothing but seed teams, finishing top 200 and walking away with something like 4k ISO. I needs it bad. Got so many fully covered needing finished.
  • jredd
    redflag.pngicon_daredevil.png
    greenflag.pngicon_punisher.png
    blackflag.pngicon_quicksilver.png
    redflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png

All this morning. Should be getting a greenflag.pngicon_rocket.png today as well.

can't remember the last time i got 5, 3* in one day.
  • jredd
    jredd wrote:
    :redflag: icon_daredevil.png - standard
    greenflag.pngicon_punisher.png - heroic
    blackflag.pngicon_quicksilver.png - taco
    redflag.pngicon_captainamerica.png - ddq

All this morning. Should be getting a greenflag.pngicon_rocket.png today as well.

can't remember the last time i got 5, 3* in one day.

So, just played one PVE match, got my R&G, and a standard token. pulled a redflag.pngicon_gamora.png
  • Went into today's DDQ excited for my 3rd SRCA red, which will bring him to a very respectable 2/3/5...

Pulled my first Taco, aaand...

Make that an even MORE respectable 3/3/5!

My luck with tokens has gotten so much better in the past few weeks, I almost feel like my account has been "stealth token buffed..."

After many, many months of well-documented dismal token luck, I'll take it! icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Got a icon_bullseye.pngpurpleflag.png from token_taco.png today. Finally pulled something decent. he is 3/2/5 now.. been wanting to cover max him for a while, but it has been rough.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I'm excited about the new Spidey and Deadpool characters coming out. I can't believe I am going to try to make a spot for a third 1*. I have a Venom (at max) that I have never parted with, and it will be fun to take them out for a spin together. And I just can't dump Juggs. He has gotten me so much ISO from the daily it seems wrong to throw him in the bin.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    was actually yesterday, but doing pretty well in LRs when I can time things right, finished t50 once for 2 heroics where one gave me an Xforce blackflag.png , for a LR!! this was after a looooong string of *** pulls that I don't need - mystique/squirrel/cage/gamora/etc..... getting more and more things covered now so I guess i'll be getting that disappointment more (hey, gold! oh, well 500iso is better than 250...), but that means progress.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Was hardly able to touch IsoBros over Tuesday or Yesterday, but still held on for a top 50 finish. My last token from the final sub gave me an icon_elektra.pngblackflag.png. Pulled in a couple hundred Simulator points last night to hit the 10-pack, which had 5 gold covers, all usable - Bullseye blackflag.pngpurpleflag.png , GSBW purpleflag.png , Ragnarok blueflag.png , and Doc Ock blackflag.png . Speed-bracketed my way on Tuesday night to a top 50 finish in the Psylocke PVP (which I may have mentioned already).

Would really like to end with a t100 finish in the Jean Grey event - for reasons, I wasn't able to get started on building Daken while locked away, and then missed the whole first round of DDQ for him since I didn't have one. I finally pulled a token for him, and he's now 3/1/0.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Finally hitting PVP t100! It is great to see PVP as a possible way to get some 3* finished off with my preferred builds. Now to slowly (and carefully) push up past level 130 with my main chars.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't planning to make a push to 1.3k for antman in the Jean Grey pvp, but after I dropped my last 8h shield with 7hrs left at 1100pts and skipped a few targets as usual, there was apparently a mass hop and I queued up 3x70pt targets. My 3h shield was available 1.20h from the end, so when the time came, I popped 2 of them and reshielded, then popped the last breaking shield at 7 mins.

No attacks came in the final minutes, so that's 2 usable 4* covers for 300hp. icon_e_smile.gif

For the 3* players hoping to hit progressions, I used Colossus/Mystique for most of the climb and all my hops, so yes, it can be done.

Edit: doubly great day. Decided to take the pve easy and not grins too much. Got an event token for sub placement. Opened it and it was a kingpin! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Got The Thing today from a Heroic token. That made up for a lousy Heroic 10-pack from the Versus progression.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    250 HP from a taco, 50 from the random daily puts me at 760 so I can get a roster slot, and a Hulk Anger cover from a standard token = good day.
  • Malcrof
    2nd 1k in PVP.. i think i have it down now.. just so long as they stop releasing new characters for a couple weeks, so i can work on PVP lol..
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, went and opened one of the usually-1* star rewards, and it was the 4* Thing Yellow, one of the few covers I'm still missing.

Next, managed to wake up at 4:30AM and brought my ranking in the Deadpool event from #11 to #8. But I didn't sleep much.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Went 1* Spidey-hunting. Opened 12 tokens without a single Spidey, but got four 2* and Wolverine (3)'s 5th yellow. Woo.

Sold off the 11 non-Wolvie's, bought four more tokens, got two Spidey covers. He's up to three total now.

I'm digging his purple so far. I'm half tempted to bring him along with a couple of the big kids just so he can plop critical tiles all over the place without actually carrying the board and being exposed to damage.
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Got enough ISO from DDQ today to max HB!