Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    woot!! after finishing 9th in the DA heroic PVE, I got my first taste of t5 in pvp in the ant man event. none of the covers were coveted but all were used, although the thor was for my dupe, but the iso and hp were awesome. 5K iso for t5!! more than makes up for all the iso spent on skips icon_e_wink.gif

edit: in the thor event, had a retal available over 70pts but against 290thor/350fury/270xforce and since I'm not in any pve or anything I said what the heck and made it through with my 290thor/200doom/153loki. loki took fury purple and somehow survived (teach me to not pay attn. to ap) with a few hundred health left. thor took a gamora red TU, a thor red, and an xf green, so he was down a little but not too bad and that was all the abilities they got off, so that felt nice. hope he had shielded - gave him many hours to do so.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 77 gold coin dryspell has ended, FINALLY.. icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png (my first of that color!) from a hulk token! ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Just broke 625 for the first time ever on a PvP event. Pulled 2 purple Loki covers from the vault in the last couple days. Makes him 355, though I'd prefer a couple more black covers for him.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Broke cover to go for 1000 in Lord of Thunder, and MPQ crashed, which sacked, but I booted it back up and hit two straight wins to get the green X-Force cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Getting two Deadpool purples in three days to respec him to 5/5/3.

That feel, that glorious **** feel when you are up against Thor Storm and Beast in the Lord of Thunder PvP, they are all maxed out, you drop Storm to avoid HailStorm but they have an assload of yellow now and he is almost ready to Call the Storm. All he has to do is hit that yellow and you are using 3 health packs at the end of the fight because there is green friggin everywhere....

BEAST CASTS MEDICAL MARVEL! BEAST CASTS MEDICAL MARVEL! BEAST CASTS MEDICAL MARVEL!

Praise be unto Odin I was laughing my butt off when I dropped Thor and finished Beast having taken almost no damage. Oh God, so good! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got an event token for top 50 finish in the sub that just ended...Star-Lord red.

I really don't know which deity I inadvertently made sacrifice to to have pulled two covers from the same 4* I've been coveting for a while in less than a week, but I really need to find out so I can send him or her a fruit basket.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    It was like that for me and Iron Fist for long time, nothing forever than three in like a week.
  • DFiPL
    snlf25 wrote:
    It was like that for me and Iron Fist for long time, nothing forever than three in like a week.

Yeah, I've had a few 3* go that way. Captain Marvel, I went from not having a cover for her at all to 7 total covers in the span of like a week. One earned via DDQ, two or three from a PVP finish, one from a PVE progression, and either two or three (inverse of whichever I got from PVP) from tokens.

Squirrel Girl embiggened in a hurry once I rostered her, also. She's up to 10/13 covers.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 10 tacos, got 4 usable gold covers:

icon_blackwidow.pngredflag.png (now 5/4/3)
    icon_daredevil.pngblueflag.png (now 1/2/1)
    icon_deadpool.pngblackflag.png (now 3/3/3)
    icon_loki.pngpurpleflag.png (now 2/5/4)

The colour distribution wasn't the best, but usable covers are still usable covers. GSBW & Loki will both end up dropping those colours down in the future if & when I get the proper covers.

GSBW was my first multiple-cover 3* and now she's the first to reach 12 covers.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many good news from Hulk pve.

For Hulk pve, I jumped in late and I got into a super soft noob bracket. Was already 2 subs late and hit got a bracket with 240+ players. 2 hr plus in the sub, so I just grind it out hard in last 2 hours. Ended up taking second in bracket.

With the 2 tokens, I pulled a 4* green Thing cover! Praise God!

Seeing that I am in the lead for top 2, I decided to do something I normally don't do... I grind the pve.

In the next sub, I got top 2 again and got 2 tokens. Opened it up and a 4* blinking at me. And oh boy, I got another green Thing cover! He must really like me icon_e_smile.gif

And if all goes well, I should be in top 2 for Hulk pve. 4 covers from individual rewards and hopefully I can merc out for another alliance reward.

7 4* covers in a 7 day pve... Who would have guess?!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 gold draws today, all usable:

redflag.pngicon_sentry.png
    blackflag.pngicon_daken.png (ddq)
    greenflag.pngicon_hulk.png
    greenflag.pngicon_rocket.png
  • DFiPL
    Three gold draws from standard tokens tonight, all usable:

icon_cyclops.pngblackflag.png
    icon_psylocke.pngblackflag.png
    icon_colossus_new.pngyellowflag.png
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    1)Taco Vault 10x, got 2 Professor X icon_professorx.png cover(1 blueflag.png 1 :yellowflag ) and some 3* usable
    2)Went to toliet just now, suddenly wanted to draw a cover and i choose Fist Bump 1x, then i got my 5th Professor X yellowflag.png, fully powered! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    New taco vault, containing 2 Kamala covers. 2 taco tokens. Pulls: both Kamala covers.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    after celebrating my wife's birthday instead of grinding i lost my top spot on the Hulk PVE but i'm still top 5
  • DFiPL
    The Hulk event began at the same time as my new job began in earnest, so there was some concern as to whether I'd have any shot at all at a Jean Grey cover. When I was at home all the damn time for previous 4* releases over the last year during the job search, I found that I quickly got left behind in the chase. I got HB from a token, not a finish. I'm reasonably sure both of my Professor X covers came from tokens as well.

But, y'know, I decided to go after it anyway, play the subs after/around work as I could (my primary account is a Steam account, so there just wasn't going to be any playing on the john or at lunch). Finished top 50 in every sub (about half the tokens were gold, yay).

Finished #26 in my shard and earned a shiny new Jean Grey cover. Sub and event finishes meant I had enough Hero Points on hand to roster both Jean and my three Devil Dinosaur covers from the dailies.

Awesome.
  • pchuan11
    pchuan11 Posts: 22
    Entered the Hulk PvE an hour before it ends. Fresh bracket!!! Finished 7th by just grinded the essentials. Got all 3 Jean Grey covers with minimum efforts icon_twisted.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two good things tonight:

I made it to 800 in the Iron Fist PvP to earn the Iron Fist cover, yay! Even though my 240 Luke Cage / 199 Iron Fist / 166 Classic Magneto didn't earn me a single defensive win, it was solid enough to let me break 800. 2/4/4 Fist is on his way!

I also decided to open up all of my expired event tokens that had two or more tokens remaining (I like to keep at least one to see the artwork). Well, I was getting a wee bit angry that ten event tokens in a row produced two star rewards, but the 11th popped out a Beast Green, my final needed cover for him! His hairy blue butt had been sitting at 5/4/4 for months, so it's great to get that final cover. That damage bump from 4 green to 5 green is pretty nice indeed, and I'm looking forward to using him in tomorrow's DDQ.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Vault was good to me today. I got Mystique and Squirrel Girl.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to meet my individual goal for Fist Bump.

I reached 1k progression (got Elektra and IF purple in the process), and placed top 50. Without using a single shield. So I managed to earn 200 Hp from this pvp, and also 4* and 3* covers that I can use. Not too shabby.