Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beating the Inner Space Cadet survival wave with 2* Mag & 2* Cap. I took 2* Marvel with me too but she died early in wave 2.

Cap basically stunned everyone to death, with Mags fuelling him and dropping an occasional Flux down to help. It took 2 big TU abilities too; a 2400 damage Masterstroke and a 2600 team damage Ballistic Salvo.

That was rough, but pretty satisfying to win it with both Mag & Cap down to less than 500 health by the end.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    good week. after getting imhb red Wednesday I pulled fist green from a taco yesterday (after a long dry spell) and today got his 13th cover (need iso now). also got my 13th for torch by finishing 20th in the pve. man I need a crapload of iso. fist will be priority tho.

nearly forgot. got my 4th yellow on patch in simulator too yesterday putting 13 covers on him, although he needs one more yellow.

did I mention I need iso?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    good week. after getting imhb red Wednesday I pulled fist green from a taco yesterday (after a long dry spell) and today got his 13th cover (need iso now). also got my 13th for torch by finishing 20th in the pve. man I need a crapload of iso. fist will be priority tho.

nearly forgot. got my 4th yellow on patch in simulator too yesterday putting 13 covers on him, although he needs one more yellow.

did I mention I need iso?

shield sim = iso farm if you ever get downtime with all that is going on lol.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    shield sim = iso farm if you ever get downtime with all that is going on lol.
    I still need to push to 2k - probably won't happen till next week, but needs to happen soon before activity increases. I don't think I've been hit once yet running thor/mags/loki. I'm at 1560 now.
  • alexnmbc
    alexnmbc Posts: 38
    Hit 2k in sim for Prof X using 141 Patch/Daken/Falcon. Lost 300 points within 20 minutes of hitting 2k, but it's the first time I ever got more than 900 in sim so all in very happy!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took my first stab at getting the 1300 prog reward in the Cap Marvel pvp and made it. Very pleased with my shiny black HB cover.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting past the Inner Space Cadet battle on the fifth(!) try and then getting the Ant-Man cover from the final node on the first shot.

Got the Iron Fist cover from the Big Enchilada and a Captain Marvel (3) from a taco.

Good day for my roster.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been enjoying a new team in DDQ - Invisible Woman, Psylocke, Falcon. It is a fine feeling to have retributions and other things going off in your face and receiving 1 damage, despite the fussiness of Mr. Castle's face. Plus, blowing up 6+ countdown tiles and downing a Muscle (or equally unpleasant foe) with IW's blue-into-green is nearly as satisfying as downing an unscrupulous lout with Daredevil's Sausage Drop.
  • Beat the stupid BE Ninja Muscle "cruelty simulator" to earn my 8th IF. Now rocking 2/3/3 and climbing...

Hey D3, wanna nerf something? How about taking a good hard look at the "Turn to Smoke/Threaten" combination?

DBC
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    finally got a yellowflag.pngicon_kamalakhan.png in the vault. hopefully a second tomorrow.

beat the last node in growth industry. only took about 15 tries and 10 health packs, (and some loud cursing), so not too bad.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, my tokens were on Fire tonight! I opened nine standards, and FOUR THREE STARS popped out. O.O I didn't need any of them, but it was a still a crazy draw. Then a much-wanted purple Scarlet Witch popped out of a Heroic! The tacos were two-star garbage as usual, but after drawing a total of five golds from 12 tokens, I am a happy camper.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played the 2-wave taco fight on mobile while eating a slice of pizza on break at work.

X-Force blackflag.png inside that taco.

woo
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    My noob account just won the season 10-pack and it was a glorious 10-pack. 5 golds - 1 hulkbuster, 2 cmags, 1 patch, 1 daredevil. And all of them were characters I already had in my roster* so there were no roster slot issues.

* (actually Daredevil wasn't in, but I had a Ragnarok cover that I recruited so I could pick up his taco, so he got the boot and Daredevil and his extra two covers in the queue got the spot.)

This has been an awesome season for A N00b. Even if I am still in desperate need of roster slots icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • optimus2861
    Doesn't seem possible, but I've just drawn 2 4* from tokens in one session.

icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png (taco)
    icon_thor.pngblueflag.png

And the worst moment of the day? I have no roster slots for either.

I guess my next HP will have to be for Star-Lord, because I have a second cover for him about to expire in 3d. Having two of his powers right off the bat will at least make him tolerable when he's the PvE essential.
  • Doesn't seem possible, but I've just drawn 2 4* from tokens in one session.

icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png (taco)
    icon_thor.pngblueflag.png

And the worst moment of the day? I have no roster slots for either.

I guess my next HP will have to be for Star-Lord, because I have a second cover for him about to expire in 3d. Having two of his powers right off the bat will at least make him tolerable when he's the PvE essential.

It's pretty sad that your "best moment of the day" includes not being able to actually benefit from what you pulled without spending money... icon_e_sad.gif

DBC
  • So while shielded in Idol of Millions, I had lined up 2 matches to get me to over 1K for the event. After breaking the shield and completing the matches, I found myself at 999 (frustrating, I know). Feeling like I didn't have time for a third battle (the 2 took a bit longer than expected) I frustratingly threw up a 3 hour shield. I checked back in 20 minutes later to see I had a defensive win for 1 pt pushing me to 1K!! Now I can just stay shielded for the rest of the event! (Yay extra Cyclops!) My first ever 1K prog reward to boot too!
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    This could be my best MPQ moment ever. Got to the final wave of DDQ for a much needed KK cover. Had my team of Modern Mags, Classic Storm and Modern Hawkeye bursting with AP and ready to slay. Up pops
    4* Thor, BP and Sentry

BP instantly hits me with rage, Hawkeye down, Storm on about 1000 Mags on about 2.5k, so I cast Storm blueflag.png stun Thor then noobishly make a move. BP rages me again, Storm down, Mags on about 200. Obviously they're all still on around 4-5k of health. I go for BP with Mags purpleflag.png create a crazy chain, then hit him with redflag.png but obviously have to make a move to activate it, BP makes a match and I'm on 19 points! Take BP out when the redflag.png activated. Somehow manage to take out Sentry with the most ridiculous chain of purpleflag.png and cascades I've ever seen and somehow I'm left with Thor stunned for 2 turns with redflag.png charged, make a move it activates. Thor stunned for my final turn, I'm so lucky that there's a purpleflag.png match, Thors wakes up, my purpleflag.png is ready, take her out with another ridiculous chain! I am the luckiest mutha in the MPQ world right now I'm sure.
    Apologies for the length of the post but that was EPIC!
  • optimus2861
    Yeah, today's DDQ setup invariably leaves you facing Thoress with 30 blue AP, and Panther with 30 black AP. You have to insta-stun them both or get stunned yourself and eat pain.

My best (non-token) moment today: facing a boosted 2* Magneto / Thor team in Thing PvP with Blade & LDaken, both level 127. Thor benefited from some early cascades to get rolling and hit me with 2 CtS during the match, and Magneto was churning along hitting Polarity Shifts to charge Thor's red.

By the time I get Magneto & Thing down (his yellow is super annoying if you forget to target him when you unleash a skill!), Thor is nearly at full health and both Blade & Daken are under 3K, maybe even 2K, and my Thing went down to the last CtS so no more tanking from him. I figure it's a sure loss but since I'm eating health packs anyway, I play it out.

Thirst. Thirst again. 5 strike tiles on the board. KYEC. Nightstalker. The board went friendly for me, Thor can't get an ability to fire, and now the Blade purple is bleeding him out. 4K. 3K. 2K. Chemical Reaction! Win!

I do like Blade.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I lost 110 points in Shield Sim! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I mean, I played to 2k and got Prof X, then abandoned ship expecting a million attacks, which I don't care about because Prof X!

There were indeed a million attacks, which kept popping up in the push notifications on my phone. But 13 hours have passed and I still have 1895. Because apparently I've been getting about 2 defense wins to every successful attack, wtsmallcats.

I have no idea what's going on and I'm kind of sorry about the other people who were just trying to get their own profs, but considering how rarely defense wins happen I'm just overdosed on happy. I love my team!

Good luck to everyone else trying to get Prof X. I'm staying unshielded, may the cascades be with you. icon_e_smile.gif
  • optimus2861
    Drew icon_magneto.pngyellowflag.png & icon_doctordoom.pngblueflag.png in a run of just 10 standard tokens icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not their best colors, but I can still use them.