Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    MY best MPQ is finally understanding why icon_shield.pngblueflag.png can kills two heros and having it happen early enough in a match to really help me
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ for IF put me at 13 covers for him, 5/5/3... not his ideal build, but enough for me to make him my 3rd 166 character!

Now my go to team of SW, Groot & IF are now all 3 at 166. A place I had never envisioned myself at prior to DDQ, and being in a top 100 Alliance.

Thank you D3 for DDQ, and thank you United Alliances (MPQU, TFLU, UnitedAlliance, etc.) and all my alliance mates for all the help and support we give each other! Great group of peeps from all over the world.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    DDQ for IF put me at 13 covers for him, 5/5/3... not his ideal build, but enough for me to make him my 3rd 166 character!

Now my go to team of SW, Groot & IF are now all 3 at 166. A place I had never envisioned myself at prior to DDQ, and being in a top 100 Alliance.

Thank you D3 for DDQ, and thank you United Alliances (MPQU, TFLU, UnitedAlliance, etc.) and all my alliance mates for all the help and support we give each other! Great group of peeps from all over the world.
    almost exactly the same for me - fist will be my 3rd to 166, with him at 5/5/3 for now. he needs about 8 more levels of iso at this point. my other 2 are thor and mags and I have loki at 153. all the rest of mine are 140 or 120.

I also pulled my 5th patch yellow from a token and made it to 2K for px blue Saturday night. good times.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Levelling my 535 Cyclops to 153 for Eye For An Eye. I SHOOT YOU WITH MU OPTIC BLASTS OF DOOOOOOM.

Ridiculous amount of fun!
  • Yesterday I got incredibly lucky with my pulls, I finished the covers on my juggernaut and Storm. I also got Carnage, Gamora, and Vision (who I sold off because I didn't understand his abilities).

I got a Human Torch cover. Earned a Cyclops cover in events. Had lots of combos while playing.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    My vault pulls this morning included a taquito. (See the vault vocabulary thread in this forum for explanation.)
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Opened my Season XVI 10-pack and got 4/10 gold coins, all of which I needed including my first cover for Professor X! AND I actually have the HP to add him to my roster! Also, thank you to whoever started this post! I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
  • yesterday was getting a prof X token (2nd token overall for him) from the taco tokens.. I literally screamed so loud, I burst the ears of everyone on the ventrillo channel I was on.

Today was when fighting the HT essential node on enemy of the state, that on my second turn I triggered a cascade that netted me on average 25 AP in every colour... It just didn't seem to want to stop! I hated that particular node as it often results in me walking away with my characters under 25% health... But this cascade resulted in me taking in less than 10% in total or finishing with over 90% health.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    blackflag.pngicon_loki.png from a standard token. been a slow day.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan wrote:
    My vault pulls this morning included a taquito. (See the vault vocabulary thread in this forum for explanation.)

Edit for the most confusing phone autocorrect ever.
  • jffdougan
    I got an Elektra Chimichanga in addition to speed bracketing my way to a t25 finish in the cyclops PvP.

Speaking of which: my 3* Torch is currently 5/4/4. I have black reward from yesterday, and could max Enemy of the State progression with a little but if effort. Is there a reason to prefer one combination to another?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:
    I got an Elektra Chimichanga in addition to speed bracketing my way to a t25 finish in the cyclops PvP.

Speaking of which: my 3* Torch is currently 5/4/4. I have black reward from yesterday, and could max Enemy of the State progression with a little but if effort. Is there a reason to prefer one combination to another?

5 green is a killer in every way.. right now in EoTS is is doing over 3k+ per turn boosted. I am a huge fan of 3/5/5 (on waves, red is for cap silly rabbit)
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    jffdougan wrote:

544 is a fairly reasonable balance. But look at your roster and see what colour you will probably use more often or try the torch pvp and see which power you like more.

5 black can put out a lot of sustained damage even if you lose torch, 5 green ticks out incredible amounts of damage every turn if you save up green first and can protect it.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I drew 5 tacos this morning to see if I could get some HP to roster Vision. I received no HP but got 3 usable golds!

icon_blackpanther.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_scarletwitch.pngblueflag.png
    icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png

All are still works-in-progress, with 5, 4, 5 covers respectively, but that is 4 yellow for Panther, so at least he has some value in generating strike tiles.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopped into PVP last night, Slice 2, with 12 Health Packs and less than 3 hours to go. Ended up in a fresh bracket, around 75 people. Figured I'd push up to 800 and shield to get that Red Cyclops cover to respec my character... pushing went so quick, I ended up stopping at 1006 points, because I ran out of health packs, and shielded.

First time hitting 1K ever! My first Nick Fury cover that I didn't get from a token pull.

I was so happy, and I was only attacked twice in my climb and won them both defensively. Finished rank 6 in my bracket. Didn't need the Torch covers, but the 100HP was nice.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    After the worst day ever recently with my save being corrupted, one of the best. David HiFi helped me get back on my account quickly, and then I've pulled 2 4* Starlord covers in 2 days, to take him up to 8/13, close to useable. Getting there with the 4* - Fury is 10/13, as is Invisible Woman, 9/13 for X-Force. Slowly getting to the age of the 4*.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I had a blast (pardon the pun) playing the Eye for an Eye pvp last night that involved one of my most satisfying MPQ moments to date. Thanks to some advice from alliance mates I dumped my almost 70k iso stash into cyclops that brought him to 158. With him jacked up for the event, I was able to one shot a 270 XF with a full blast with a little help from his son's pheromone rage. That event was really fun, the right amount of challenging, and it offered rewards I could actually use. In a season where most of the placement rewards were unusable for me, this pvp stood out as the best so far. Bottom line, I am satisfied.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    made it to 1000 without boosted characters helping in the Cyclops pvp. finishing fist to 166 and using him was a blast. seems like I'm hitting 13 covers on characters all the time now. fist/Cyclops/blue user is a great. used grocket and mags, but stuck with mags toward the end since hes leveled and my grocket is 140. that is my 6th time to make the 1K mark.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan wrote:

544 is a fairly reasonable balance. But look at your roster and see what colour you will probably use more often or try the torch pvp and see which power you like more.

5 black can put out a lot of sustained damage even if you lose torch, 5 green ticks out incredible amounts of damage every turn if you save up green first and can protect it.

Yeah, I knew that from the context of kid Torch. The issue in his case is that there are so few black powers in 2* land that there's really no doubt how kid Torch ought to be built.

In the end, I grabbed the fifth green after thinking about how the AI tends to play him.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Trying to get that 2000 in Simulator to get Prof. X with not-so-good results. Opened up my Enemy of the State token from the "Hand Fortress" final node. Got Prof. X blue. A couple of grinding battles later, I got enough points for the 50 HP progression reward. That pushed me over 650 HP and Prof. X is now on my roster. Happy Day. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif