Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    6 months ago, my Hulk sat at 515, a good 4 or 5 covers ahead of everyone else. Today he is finally cover maxed. Thank you DDQ.
    (In that same period I have cover maxed 16 characters (5 at 166) and got another 13 to 9+, I'd guess at least 10 of them weren't rostered 6 months ago, so suffice to say, I've been waiting on this moment for some time!)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    just got a yellowflag.pngicon_kamalakhan.png with my top 400 finish heroic token for the first sub on the iso-8 lab. unfortunately, i didn't find much iso in that lab, so i can't level her up, but a good score nonetheless...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thing showing up in my vault. Alas, I don't think I'm gonna get him. icon_e_sad.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made my climb to 1k in Luke Cage pvp without any attacks, despite hanging around and playing at least one match slowly before taking on the next queued target (also slowly, I like reading, sunsets and playing long slow matches on the beach, how about you?).

Token at 300 was a 2* cap, meh. Token at 650 was my long-coveted 5th blue for Fury!!! I'd been longing for him forever. ♡

Then as a finale, for the token at 900 Luke gave me the gift of himself - a most righteous uppercut, ouch! Didn't need it, but it made me happy. icon_e_smile.gif

On a side note, Luke/HT/Loki make an amazing team. Fistbuster teams get busted pretty painlessly. I had 5 health packs left at the end of my climb.

Plus the first 2 attacks after I shielded were defense wins. Just a great day all around.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vault tokens finally gave me my first usable 3* token--black Psylocke. While she's a bit derided here, once the next round of DDQ finishes (at the worst) I'll have her fully covered at 5/3/5, which since I didn't get a single one of her until some time in May would make her easily my quickest covered 3*. It's the little things, sometimes icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third of the Invisible Woman daily reward covers dropped today, so she is now 1/1/2 for me. My first four-cover 4*!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    My 3-event dry spell of gold PVE tokens ended... With a purple Squirrel Girl.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    managed to hold on to the 99th spot in cage PVP just now. had a match win that ended at 3 minutes past. i think they should change it so any match started before the end time still counts. give it a 10 minute finish bonus time.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    managed to hold on to the 99th spot in cage PVP just now. had a match win that ended at 3 minutes past. i think they should change it so any match started before the end time still counts. give it a 10 minute finish bonus time.

But that would mean other people who attacked and took too long to win will drop your score too. Playing the the last minutes is always a gamble. Win some, lose some. I'd rather lose the win than lose a bunch of time to others. icon_e_smile.gif
  • jredd wrote:
    I can't PM you and there's no way to talk to you privately viewtopic.php?f=16&t=23936
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    went from 1600 to 2k+ in shield sim untouched for my Carnage green. Got T100 in Cage PVP to complete Psylocke at 5/3/5.

positive moments are getting fewer and further between.. sad that an exciting moment for me right now, is standard progressions.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have terrible button pushing luck when it comes to pulling tokens... so I have my 2 year old do my pulls for me, she loves pushing the buttons and seeing the animations and is happy no matter what comes up!

She pulled me a squirrel girl, prof X, and colossus from my vaults... about time my dry spell ended from my Taco Vault!

Respec'd IF from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 and I'm not sure I like it... kind of miss those 3/6 powerful strike tiles over the passive, though that extra passive attack tile damage helped a lot in the Luke Cage PVP.

Got Luke cage to 5/3/5... earned the 800 point Red cover... and not sure I want to give up that extra damage from 5 yellow and black... First World Problems...
  • Wasn't today, but better a couple days late than never...

Must have been something in the air this weekend... full moon madness?

DDQ, ninja day, two more worthless tokens... not much to look forward to, right?

Flash forward to...

Ninja-infested BE goes bizarrely smoothly. Huh. Wow. Alright then. Cool.

Open my first (historically worthless) Taco Token... icon_hood.pngyellowflag.png ?!?! Whoa! icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Open my second (now seemingly far less worthless) Taco Token... 250 imcoin.png ?!?! Two good pulls? On the SAME DAY?

I ended up getting Falcon to a marginally usuable state, finishing Hood's yellow, and getting enough HP to roster A-M before he ended up sold off, all in the same day. Pretty sweet.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • That feel when you get a blue OBW cover from a random pvp fight. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I had 8000 spideycoin.png and said okay, one last try for some Jean Grey covers.
    Bought 8500 more spideycoin.png and got a 42 pack.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

icon_hulk.pngicon_ironman.pngredflag.png
    icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.png

icon_eek.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    quick, clean hop. 2 matches, 99 pts. hb cover very reachable now from 954.
  • ERock4
    ERock4 Posts: 42
    Decided to go for 1000 points in Psylocke PvP. Historically, just about every time I decide on this, I get to 950, then go to win the match that will get me 1000 but lose like 40 points while I'm fighting, and never regain that momentum.

Tension was up while I was fighting that last match I needed, and I was very happy when I won it and got the 1000 and the HB cover. Though my HB is still far from usable; he's only 1/2/2.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I made a match, and then the top row drops in and almost every tile color was green (after I cleared a row with a match 4). It happened so quickly I couldn't screen shot it but I swear, I jumped to 16 green ap after it happened. (from less than half for call the storm, wasnt counting my ap)

I'd guess around probability (1/7)^6 = 0.00084998597% that that happens if all tiles are random. (Guessing about 6/8 of that row was green).

The luckiest smallest thing to happen.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fighting against maxed boosted Psylocke, 3* Iron Man and Loki, a couple of rounds in and I make a match which drops into a 4 and a 5 match, Loki counters everywhere, I can picture my AP getting wiped out and playing catch up already.
    But wait, there's another match 5, and it's green, to feed my Berserker rage... Now a black match which drops a small cascade into another match 5, the resultant crit matxh wiping out Loki, allowing me to drop 2 x Berserker rage, 2 x psychic knife, 1 x Trickery then 2 x Illusions and by this time a full health Iron Man is dead and Psylocke half way there and I have enough black to drop Psi-Katana and then mop up with a couple more matches.
    Super sweet.
    Ps I love this thread. No-one I know wants to hear my excitement with this game!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Pulled a good attempt at a speed bracket in Psylocke. Started at 34; climbed to 10th with 2 minutes to go. Knew I couldn't finish another match in 2 minutes, so didn't try.
    Ended 14th. My one event token had a green Rags.