Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• seeing the juggernaut heroic taco vault
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Decided to crack open my Savory Tacos, third pull was a Thing cover. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Managing to finish top 10 in the deadpool pve event and being the only person in that top ten to do it without one of the three essentials. Didn't think I would be able to pull it off given everyone else had kingpin but I didn't... However looking at the kingpin essential node, that did not look a friendly combo to be fighting... Carnage + ultron.. so kinda glad I couldn't do it.

That was closely followed by an earlier match where I pulled off four five-matches in a row without actually triggering a cascade in one turn.
  • Managing to finish top 10 in the deadpool pve event and being the only person in that top ten to do it without one of the three essentials. Didn't think I would be able to pull it off given everyone else had kingpin but I didn't... However looking at the kingpin essential node, that did not look a friendly combo to be fighting... Carnage + ultron.. so kinda glad I couldn't do it.

That was closely followed by an earlier match where I pulled off four five-matches in a row without actually triggering a cascade in one turn.
    thx for the evidence for the underdog in MPQ
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Heroic token for daily supply dropped a Carnage greenflag.png , my 5th, so I don't need to grind the shield sim for it.

10 hoarded standard tokens gave me 2 of the new spidey. So I just spent 2000hp to roster DeadpoolXF and Spidey. icon_razz.gif

Then I bought a juggs vault token for 100hp since I already spent so much anyway... got a red Thing! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I guess I'll be playing this heroic for the standard and event tokens. icon_e_smile.gif

Update: 2nd vault daily deal token gave me dpx. It's like having a ddq for 4*s! Getting 1 usable cover a day is amazing!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    opened my last token for the day, a standard. pulled redflag.pngicon_cyclops.png

4th gold standard since friday.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    The first standard token I opened after the update immediately yielded a 1* Spidey icon_cool.gif
    Not sure what to do with him though, but I am seriously tempted to roster him for a while once I can afford the slot (anf give him preference over the Vision I pulled from the standard token right after... icon_lol.gif )

Also had a rather casual go at DP vs MPQ, running every node once and repeeating the 2 Essentials I had and easier nodes a few times (but far from grinding). I was at 89th place 3h befoe finish and went to bed to wake up to a final placement of 128.
    Just as I had hoped for - The icon_kamalakhan.png cover will help me much more than a lone 4* I don't have the HP to roster anyway. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • I learned yesterday, that with a little luck (and lot of grinding) it is possible to place top 2 in a PVE event without an essential character. Then to boot, in one of my 4 Deadpool v MPQ tokens earned I got a **** icon_deadpool.png giving me in total 5 covers of him! Anytime you can get 5 **** covers in under a minute is definitely a moment of the day!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard token from a Juggernaut Heroic node yielded a icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png . Not a skill I ultimately want to leave at 5 covers - I think I'm leaning towards either 4/4/5 or 3/5/5 - but it is Punisher's 13th cover, making him my 13th 3* to reach 13 covers.

Say...is that anything like being the 7th son of a 7th son? Is he invincible now?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I managed to play three lightning rounds today (fighting 6 - 10 seed teams in each), and that's landed me a 1/1/2 new one star spiderman to play around with. Juggernaut is happy to finally have some company in the first round of Deadpool's Daily Quest, though Moonstone gave me a grade-A stink-eye when I booted her to make room for mini-Spiderman.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    just pulled a purpleflag.png 4* icon_deadpool.png from the juggs vault
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I am going up against Classic Storm. I KO one of her allies with Ares' Onslaught for like 2000 points. This was a major mistake, as all of them were under half, but 2000 is still more than 20%. So Raging Tempest happens, and it KOs my Storm (with 15 blues too), Doctor Doom. My Ares survives with 15 HP. I calmly make a match and KOs the Storm to win the match.

I was an idiot but got away with it.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Only just started playing again after quitting for a few months. Starting with the Jean PvP means I'll probably miss out on any chance of getting into a top 100 PvP alliance, but it does mean I am top 10 in the season bracket (with a while to go I guess icon_razz.gif) for the first time! And who knows, maybe I'll even pull a 4* from the 10-pack.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    OK, since last I update this, I have to start with a non-MPQ best moment: I got a new job, which starts Monday. Teaching high school science full-time again for the first time in five years.

In the last couple days, I've pulled a Nick Fury yellow from my Juggernaut Vault, a Nick Fury Purple (my first, making him 3/3/1 after those pulls) from second token for the Dr Doom PVP, gotten Doom covered at 5/3/5 from event progression/placement rewards (I think it was placement leading into the Deadpool v MPQ PVE event, then for PVE max progression), gotten a Prof X blue from my taco vault (along with a taquito), and speed-bracketed my way to a t100 finish in the Dr Doom PVP event to cover max Ragnarok, and pulled a Colossus red out of a standard token.

I also pulled a 3* Thor red cover from the taco value, but sold it because I like my level 153 3* Thor covered at 3/5/5, thank you.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled icon_ironfist.pngpurpleflag.png from a standard token earlier. Finally got my 5th cover there, woo. Now the question is 4/5/4 or 3/5/5. Since the next time he pops up in DDQ will be purpleflag.png I probably have about a month to make that decision.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    last 24 hours have been good to me.. hit 1k in Doom PVP.. standard heroic from alliance sub award got me a icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png and just now, first token from Rags PVP got me my last icon_hood.pngblackflag.png to complete him.. he had been sitting at 5/5/2 since the last time that black came around in ddq... feels good to have him finished!

Story event tokens i am 0/81 on gold pulls since i started my spreadsheet, pvp tokens 5/57.. what is the point of event tokens anyway... my last 25 standard heroics have been 15/25.. with 4 4*s.. i like those better.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled one old event token. Forget what event.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png

That's 13 covers for LDaken, now 5/4/4. I've also got Patch at 13 covers, but 5/5/3, so his healing is compromised.

I probably will keep them at my soft-cap of 127 for now, but I do have the ISO to max both. That makes 3 characters available to max (Psylocke being the third). Getting closer... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today, A N00b pulled, from 2 tacos, 250hp; from 1 heroic token, XFW green; from about half a dozen standard tokens, 3* Thor and Falcon.
  • Pulled one old event token. Forget what event.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.pngblueflag.png

That's 13 covers for LDaken, now 5/4/4. I've also got Patch at 13 covers, but 5/5/3, so his healing is compromised.

I probably will keep them at my soft-cap of 127 for now, but I do have the ISO to max both. That makes 3 characters available to max (Psylocke being the third). Getting closer... icon_e_biggrin.gif
    this will help u greatly in PVE...sadly in PVP not so much anymore
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Finally pulled a mystique blueflag.png , (she can now start teaming with mnmags).
    Then won my first big enchilada (cyclops yellowflag.png )!!!