Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magere wrote:
    Then won my first big enchilada (cyclops yellowflag.png )!!!

The first one is an amazing adrenaline rush. Congrats!
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Two 3* covers from tacos today: Hood black, bringing to 5/5/3, and my 7th or 8th Kamala purple. (I need more green for her and Blade.)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    First taco today I let run in the background while I texted my mom, then clicked it. Clicked on icon_cyclops.png and got the predictable tick-tick-boom: Marvel (2).

I'm ready to throw things at this point as that was my 6th straight 2* in this cycle.

Next taco I double-click right away. Result: 1000 imcoin.png

I got home too late to really grind the end of the Ninja **** sub, but I finished top 500 for three standard tokens.

First standard token: icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png . His fourth blackflag.png and guess which cover is up in DDQ in 10 days? Aw, yeah.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got my first 1k pvp score. My xfdp now has 3 reds and nothing else, but it still felt good.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Today has been a good day. Marched from 350 to 1000+ in pool party without getting hit once.(got hit right after but still got cover) had to fish for health packs with tacos. finished at 3800 in a neglected season and figured I go for my 10 pack. Breezed through it. Figured I'd open my tokens pulled a deadpool from jug vault but was 3 star.png, open 10 pk pulled thing greenflag.png 4thor yellowflag.png w/ hulk and vision.

Netted 4 useful covers 3 of them 4 star.png

Update: was feeling lucky and wanted to try for some of the Cyclops covers since I cracked the vault, currently 335 used about 10 tokens pulled 2 of the 3 yellowflag.png Cyclops covers to finish him off. Plus got a icon_colossus_new.pngredflag.png . Ok time to sleep.
  • After getting just over 1000 points in Pool Party to nab a icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png I bought the Pool Party daily deal and out pops a icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png !! this brings my XPool to 7 covers after his 2 events. It seems like he really wants me to use him, and soon!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    both draws from the pool party vault have been red dead pools

Couldn't get the daily atm because i purchased the daily in the middle of the AM.

So I spent 5k iso on basics and got 3 silver along with black hood, purple daredevil, and punisher.

it's unfortunate i have no intention of using punisher or daredevil. but 5k iso for one hood seems a fair exchange to me.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    edited August 2015
    Yay, just got the 2k Carnage reward from the Sim. Shielded at 2k to try and stay within top 5 for the season overall. I don't think ending with ~6100 season score is too bad for someone who missed 5 season pvps icon_e_smile.gif

Hopefully I'll stay within top 5, in which case I'll also update this with my extra 10 pack pulls! Here's hoping for some good ones icon_e_smile.gif

EDIT:
    Decided not to wait for a chance at JG and DP, since I need covers for other 4*s too.

From the 3 heroic tokens for my alliance finishing top250:
    2* Cap red
    2* Wolv red
    3* R&G yellow (didn't need this, so 500iso)

First 10-pack:
    3* Cap yellow (didn't need this, so 500iso)
    3* KK green (did need this)
    3* QS black (did need this, but it's my first cover so I'm going to have to sell 2*/buy more roster slots)
    rest 2*s

Second 10-pack:
    3* Gamora green (needed this)
    3* DP pink (needed this, brings me to 4/5/3!)
    3* Doctor Doom pink (needed this and brings me to 4/4/4)
    rest 2*s

Third 10-pack:
    3* Blade green (didn't need this)
    3* Hulk red (didn't need this for my preferred build, but it brings me up to 5/4/3 for now I guess)
    rest 2*s

So all in all, fairly disappointing for me. Guess I've just gotten to the stage where half of the 3* covers I get I don't need anymore. Should probably just treat these as nice injections of ISO I guess.
  • After getting just over 1000 points in Pool Party to nab a icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png I bought the Pool Party daily deal and out pops a icon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png !! this brings my XPool to 7 covers after his 2 events. It seems like he really wants me to use him, and soon!

I just hit my personal best of 1124 points in PVP getting the redflag.pngicon_deadpool.png progression reward at 1k and decided lets buy the daily deal token and out pops another redflag.png putting him at 535 thanks to insane luck on token pulls this week! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Update: I went into shield in 4th place in XDP PvP, but fell to 6th. I was going to jump out of shield at the last minute to bump back up to 5th. I didn't hear my alarm though until too late. Thankfully someone lost to me and bumped me to 4th! I really needed the blue and black Panther covers. It puts me at 5/3/4. Now he'll be all set with the next DPD! I know most of the top 10 on their didn't need the placement. I saw their 270/166 rosters.
    xequalsy wrote:
    Yay, just got the 2k Carnage reward from the Sim. Shielded at 2k to try and stay within top 5 for the season overall. I don't think ending with ~6100 season score is too bad for someone who missed 5 season pvps icon_e_smile.gif

Lucky slack bracket. I'm 8250, but only in top 500.
    Reminder: you might want to hold on to your heroic tokens until XDP and Jean are unvaulted which should happen when the next season starts.
    I have 109 Heroic tokens and counting stockpiled for that day. Or should I wait for 4* Falcon for yet another season? Naw, there are plenty of 4* covers I'm hunting.

Today, I had a few matches that got down to about 100 health (from 10K+ starts). Such a relief to win those. That's when TU really help.

I just hit my personal best of 1124 points in PVP getting the redflag.pngicon_deadpool.png progression reward at 1k and decided lets buy the daily deal token and out pops another redflag.png putting him at 535 thanks to insane luck on token pulls this week! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    WTFFFFFF I WANT MY POOL PARTY VAULT D3 icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    This one's a triple!

(1) Completed a shield hop to just below 1200 points in Pool Party, then shielded. Racked up so many defensive wins, jumped up 35 points (with two losses negated by the shield).

(2) Then attempted to shield hop while waiting in the world's longest queue at immigration to get on an international flight. Finished my first match, then got told by a immigration official to put my phone away whilst half-way through the second match. Briefly contemplated begging the official to give me 90 seconds to finish my match and reshield, but after one look at his face, decide it's more important to make my flight. Stew for what feels like 5-10 minutes, until I've moved out of sight, whip out my phone, finish the match, and wait for the slew of hits that came in while I was delayed... and nothing. No hits. Reshield at 1275.

(3) Get on the plane. Two and a half hour flight. Get off the plane. Fire up MPQ. 1300 Jean Grey progression pops up. Turns out the delay in finishing that second match allowed me to be queued by a buttload of people, and the 90% who kindly lost to me pushed me over 1300.

I don't advise this as a low risk way of shield hopping, though icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow what a morning. Woke up to 2 icon_blackpanther.pngblackflag.png 's from Pool Party, (he is 5/3/3 now, with 1 more coming in DDQ next week) , a icon_jeangrey.pnggreenflag.png from my first ever T100 alliance reward for a PVP season, 5 token_heroic.png and a personal best overall season score (broke 9200+, my first time ever over 8k) and placement! So many screens to click while having my first cup of coffee, it was spectacular! (tokens got me nothing, but oh well, was fun to earn!)
  • Yesterday I got a Enemy of the State Token. Gold came up, I thought "oh, nice, I hope for a Gamora copy... please..." and Nick Fury came to me with yellow, for the 1st time ever.

What a moment. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_mrgreen.gif

And I had a slot for him. Great.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great Season!

I hit 1K twice this season in PVP, so that was cool. Season Score was 9500 (only good enough for rank 342 in my bracket), which was 500 better than last season. Would have hit 10K if I hadn't bombed in Ragnarok PVP (I waited too long to shield and lost 350 points over the span of 2 fights... loaner rags must have been too tempting... so I didn't bother shielding after that and ended up losing about 500 during those last 2 hours).

I did wind up with 2 redflag.png XFDP covers, 1 Jean Gray for Season rewards, I'm up to 8 maxed 3* characters, and having fun still!
  • Setting a new personal best and finishing 4th place in PVP this season after missing a few in the beginning!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Captain Marvel is up today in DDQ, but I don't have her. I pull my stockpiled tacos from last week (didn't like the covers on offer before) hoping to get her, no dice. But I did get 250 HP, which puts me within the smallest purchase (the 200 HP) of unlocking a slot.

So I pull some standards, get a SG yellow. Nice. She's only 5 covers, but nice.

Pull some heroics.

icon_caroldanvers.pngredflag.png

Booyah! icon_e_biggrin.gif

200 HP purchase made, slot unlocked, Marvel on board, second cover coming when I finish the Enchilada!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Heroic token from the most recent PVE event turned out to be a much-needed 3 star.png Thor yellow (up until now, my Thor only had red and green powers), and one of the standard tokens from my (casual) alliance turned into an Orca upgrade for my Deadpool whales.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Problem with EotS pve is I just don't have time or interest to grind to better position than top100. And I'm fine with that. Furthermore, my alliance is casual, with a few friends, sometimes top1000, so no alliance covers. My Cyclops is now 5/2/2, after DDQ.

I wrote that 6 days ago. After a few tacos and standard token from this morning I have gotten my Cyclops to 5/3/3, with an extra red cover to boot. And I am at a seemingly solid 80th spot at EotS. And that's not all. Luke Cage became my third 166 lvl character. And I might have to write again to this topic after DDQ...
  • Finishing 6th place in Earth's Mightiest and breaking 1k in pvp again.

I probably could have taken first if I tried but I just wanted to hit 1k icon_e_biggrin.gif