Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I got to watch a half-dozen passive actions go off at the start of my turn while playing 5-star Thor, Main Event Hulk, and 3-star Blade.

Blade makes strike tiles, and Nightstalker goes off.
    Thor blows up tiles, and Smoldering Fire makes a shield tile
    MEH switches four tiles, and the Crowd Goes Wild!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find Red Hulk is one of those 4*s that you can have as many as 10-12 covers for, and unless they are the correct 10-12 (purple and green), then he stays awful right up through champion, at which point he becomes A Problem. Mine has one of those sad distributions (3/3/5 lvl 192) where I can steal ALL your green, then tie your shoelaces together and push you for minimal damage. So my best moment was beating his crash on the second try with no boosts. I had better luck firing off his green at the lower damage over and over rather than waiting for 18 green - it kept 3Hulk making green tiles that he'd chase and then I'd steal. That LT turned into a usable 12th cover for Elektr4 that came with a bonus 13th cover for P4nther. So sometime next season y'all can expect to see me hitting simulator with Main Event and the Wakandan Royal Family for a little fortification domination.

I'm not really sure where to move my 4* bonus now though; i have a very few characters down in that <4 cover area, a bunch in the 10-12 cover range, and then a lot just someplace in the middle.  
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled a classics yesterday and got a 14th cover for Phoenix (sold a couple max 3* and champed her, got another one coming up in a few days from resupply anyways) and it came with a BH Gambit bringing him up to 11 covers. I pulled another classics today and got an OML making him a fantastic 5/0/5 but it came with a BH Gambit putting him up to 12 covers! At this rate I might be able to champ him and experience God mode for a week or so before the nerf happens!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watching the forums meltdown over Gambit. It's been a while since we had a good meltdown. Usually requires a nerf, too.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Watching the forums meltdown over Gambit. It's been a while since we had a good meltdown. Usually requires a nerf, too.
    What about supports, or the infinity war rollout, or the return to 4* dilution, or the end of swaps, or dropping the cover bank from 5 to 3, or the pre-nerf Gambit complaints. They’ve given us plenty to melt down over, lol. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Those were more like hazardous energy spikes.  :p
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Got my 10 CP in Pool Party without ever going over 400 Points, or having to use any character higher level than the Loaner 4Pool. Also, in the last match, Ares fired Sunder right after Invisible Woman had made everyone on my team invisible, so the only effect from it was the self-damage. Then he matched away his own countdown :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was happy that I got two Ragnarok covers in a row!  The first one max champed my Ragnarok, and gave me an LT.  I sold him, and then champed my farmed one.  The next Rags cover got me another LT!  The tokens gave me a Champ level for Drax (meh) and another purple level for LumberCap, putting him at 1/5/1. :neutral:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was able to hit 900 in pool party in only 19 wins, 2 better than in the previous one. With the iso i got in there I was able to re-champ Panth3r, the LT got me a purple Lumbercap (0/2/3), leaving me with just 5 more 3* characters to champ in the tier.

From all the CP I got from yesterday's events, I got a 13th cover for 4* Ghost Rider and a purple Drax (1/2/4). The two event tokens I got from the story gave me the two 4*s in the vault (blue Punisher Max 2/1/1 and blue Nick Fury - formerly the bane of my 4* existence on my 4/16/2 Fury but now the first 4* Saved Cover in my roster). Then I pulled a W4sp from a random heroic token (1/5/4). 
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Playing TaT with Mockingbird, America and boosted ME Hulk. The opponent gets a match four that cascades into a match four that triggers two power bombs. That was fun. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did pretty well on token opening for 5*s today:
    * 2nd Women Warriors gave me the new Wasp
    * An Ultron vault token gave me a Sandman which is a feeder champ level
    * A champ level LT put BeardCap to 2/4/4
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Late last night I pulled JJ #13 to get her champed. I had pulled several Okoye's and Caps since JJ #12 and was honestly a little worried that RNG was going to deprive me of her as the clock started ticking until she's replaced by Wasp... but it all worked out.

Now I can hoard up for a couple weeks until Wasp enters the pool (assuming I don't pull one from her store from event tokens) and then return to hoarding, which will apparently be a thing I do now.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had enough HP on hand to buy out the Partners in Crime vault. Didn't really need to, but it was all useful, and I've never been in the position of being able to buy out a vault before, so I went for it.
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Customer service got back with me about breaking down my two 5* dupes. One of which gave me cover 14 for Thor and he became my first 5* champ. Then a bit later I got cover 14 for Jessica Jones and I sold enough max champ 3*s with champed dupes to get a 2nd 5* champ!
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dramatist said:
    Customer service got back with me about breaking down my two 5* dupes. One of which gave me cover 14 for Thor and he became my first 5* champ. Then a bit later I got cover 14 for Jessica Jones and I sold enough max champ 3*s with champed dupes to get a 2nd 5* champ!
    This is the team Ive been using and its been a blast!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had really cruddy luck pulling for Okoye and am afraid I won’t have enough to get her before she’s gone. But two really cool things today:

1) Champed 4* Parker. Super excited for him (still a a 4* player and I think he can be dominant in this tier). Impressions in his character thread. 

2) It’s been Wasp Mania today! My free token in the Partners in Crime Vault got me a W4sp (first pull!). I just got third in PVE for three W4sps. And would you look at who my SHIELD resupply is for day 1405... that’s right... W4sp!!  Hilarious coincidence.