Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    I just noticed that when I champed Nova last week, that bumped me up over the halfway point in the 4* tier! It really doesn't feel like that long ago that having any 4* champs felt like it was an eternity away.
    Congrats! You're experiencing a snowball effect. Before champing, each 4* is a potential drain on your resources by needing iso to level them up. Now that you are at the halfway point, half the ones you get become resource positive, and it only gets faster. Imagine when you reach 60ish and 90% of the 4*s you get are champ levels!
    That's when you start leveling up your 5-stars...and that's a whole new ballgame in terms of an ISO sink.
    It's not, really - unless you're sitting on tons of fully covered 5s.

Going from 160k for a 3* to 370k for a 4* is rough - going from 370k to 550k for a 5 isn't nowhere near as bad.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Kahmon said:
    I just noticed that when I champed Nova last week, that bumped me up over the halfway point in the 4* tier! It really doesn't feel like that long ago that having any 4* champs felt like it was an eternity away.
    Congrats! You're experiencing a snowball effect. Before champing, each 4* is a potential drain on your resources by needing iso to level them up. Now that you are at the halfway point, half the ones you get become resource positive, and it only gets faster. Imagine when you reach 60ish and 90% of the 4*s you get are champ levels!
    That's when you start leveling up your 5-stars...and that's a whole new ballgame in terms of an ISO sink.
    It's not, really - unless you're sitting on tons of fully covered 5s.

Going from 160k for a 3* to 370k for a 4* is rough - going from 370k to 550k for a 5 isn't nowhere near as bad.
    Especially when with 5s:

1) They are released at a much slower pace than 4s

2) You can almost 100% control the rate in which they are added to your roster (champ rewards and daily resupply are two rare exceptions) as they can’t be earned by playing like 4s can. 

• crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    First time I've ever climbed to 250 in a lightning round without any seed teams.  It's the little things in life that make us happy!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to climb to 1050pts for the first time ever in a non-simulator PVP in Something Wiccan. I hadn't needed any shields along the way, and was only really noodling around in there to hunt for 2* covers, but figured what the heck. C&D is one of my better leveled 4*s, and C4rol was my second 4* champ, so I was really able to fly up the progression tree in there. I kind of wanted to see if I could push to the CP, but by then I'd run out of health and nobody was worth more than 20pts. So I went ahead and popped an 8hr shield to see if I can hang on to t50. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a JJ red from a 25 CP spend. Daily resupply dropped 25 CP, so I opened another and got a yellow Okoye.

Championed JJ to apply the aforementioned cover, and her LT gave me another JJ red.

Kinda too bad I don't have another hundred CP lying around. Last time I pulled three straight 5*, I wound up with something like 6 from 8 pulls.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cover savings available now, woo
    sad for my lost bagman cover but at least lockjaw is safe in his kennel. :smile:

i read the instructions it sounds sounds like can change the cover to another colour, is that true?
    Oo

https://youtu.be/6cXH_NDlgUQ
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can convert 5 saved covers to a power of your choice for non-5*, 3 for 5*.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You can convert 5 saved covers to a power of your choice for non-5*, 3 for 5*.
    So I need 5x covers to make something else? interesting
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 for 2* to 4* and 3 for 5*

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlexR said:
    I reached 900 pts in the Wiccan pvp for the first time ever. So proud of that!

It was a really weird climb, too. I got to ~760 pts and used a 3h shield, because I was dead tired and wanted to take a nap. Overslept half an hour and figured, well, it was an attempt, I'm gonna cut my losses now. But when I checked the game, I had gained +50 points from defensive wins in the half hour I was unshielded. I literally passed the 800 pts mark for the first time in my sleep. (what. what. i don't even. I normally can't even get past 750 pts!)

Utterly baffled, I did 2 more matches, expecting the beat down at every second. When I reached 881 pts safely, still without being hit, I shielded because it creeped me out. That's not how pvp normally goes?! Eventually, half a day later when I came home, one more battle brought me over 900.

That was weird. Awesome, but weird.

Awesome story. I have had a few moments like that too, but mostly when I was at a lower roster level. What team did you use?
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    AlexR said:

It was a really weird climb, too. I got to ~760 pts and used a 3h shield, because I was dead tired and wanted to take a nap. Overslept half an hour and figured, well, it was an attempt, I'm gonna cut my losses now. But when I checked the game, I had gained +50 points from defensive wins in the half hour I was unshielded. I literally passed the 800 pts mark for the first time in my sleep. (what. what. i don't even. I normally can't even get past 750 pts!)

Utterly baffled, I did 2 more matches, expecting the beat down at every second. When I reached 881 pts safely, still without being hit, I shielded because it creeped me out. That's not how pvp normally goes?! Eventually, half a day later when I came home, one more battle brought me over 900.

Awesome story. I have had a few moments like that too, but mostly when I was at a lower roster level. What team did you use?
    lvl 273 C4rol / loaner / lvl 270 C&D

The stars aligned on this one: I'm just coming off 3-4* transition; my fledgling 4* roster has only 9 champed 4* (soon 10). This is the first time that I even had 2 boosted 4* to play with. Luckily, with it being a new release 4* , everyone used the loaner and I wasn't at a disadvantage.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    This was a particularly good boost list, because C&D + C4rol actually have synergy in addition to being boosted; I similarly found my float point was about 200pts higher than normal with a base lvl 279 C&D and a base lvl 276 C4rol left in with the loaner un-shielded.

I have not been having quite so good a time in the Chavez PVP as I did with everyone using that loaner Wiccan lol, but I'm looking forward to next week's boosteds as well because it too will be particularly kind to my roster. Shuri/Main Event is a team i like to run regardless, and G4mora is going to probably be able to run the whole thing with an un-boosted vulture.

My best moment was a little smaller today; basically i've been frivolous with my HP of late, and came up short with rostering Wiccan. So I was really grinding last night to make sure I finished t100 in that 2-day sub to get the 200hp from it, and then I got that last 2* cap I needed to get him to 144, and that was enough to let me finally roster Wiccan. Flipping over Cap put my iso high enough that I was able to champ 3* R&G and salvage the 5 covers for him i had on the vine, and that LT got me a yellow Okoye for 1/1/1.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AlexR said:
    Quebbster said:
    AlexR said:

lvl 273 C4rol / loaner / lvl 270 C&D

The stars aligned on this one: I'm just coming off 3-4* transition; my fledgling 4* roster has only 9 champed 4* (soon 10). This is the first time that I even had 2 boosted 4* to play with. Luckily, with it being a new release 4* , everyone used the loaner and I wasn't at a disadvantage.

I can see why that fight would go poorly if you aren't ready for it. Carol and Clagger can both be Vicious and they work well together.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Went up a Shield level, giving me more than enough ISO to champ Elektra with several days left on that cover! Time to start saving up for the next time a Bl4de or Jubilee cover comes up.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Reading about hybrid pvp progression!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I had a pretty good cover haul yesterday:

· Climbing the America pvp, the cp got me a blue Silver Surfer (1/0/3) out of classics. 
    · The second Chavez Store token landed me a Chavez
    · Hitting 900 landed me another Chavez
    · The 25 CP from story got me a P4nther (3/4/4) who came with a bonus Peggy (5/3/3) - that's my second "latest" pull since the      odds change, and my first bonus 4* since then as well
    · A random elite draw got me my 266th level for Mohawk Storm, my first max-champ 3* - now I need to decide on rostering a dupe or flipping her (leaning towards dupe)

This morning I:
    ·  pulled a Yondu champ level out of the taco vault
    · Had the iso to re-champ 3* Octopus (LT got me the first Riri i've seen in ages for 5/1/4), leaving me with just 7 more 3*s to champ
    · Saw the news about hybrid progression in PVP, really interested in seeing how that works out.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So my main 5*'s that I use are champed Thor and DD and I've been trying to get a 3rd to compliment them with a rainbow (considered champing GG strictly for that reason). I was building up JJ covers and had a blast using her when she was boosted so I wanted to champ her next. Today I pulled a daily deal for Simulator and lucked into the LT! That LT gave me my 13th JJ so I immediately champed her just in time to start Simulator later today with a champed boosted 5*!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In one of the Shield Simulator matches against JJ, MEHulk created enough of a cascade with Grand Entrance that I was able to stun JJ before she got to put down even a single trap tile!