Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Woooo! Day 1,658 and I FINALLY champed Professor X. His were the most elusive covers for me for whatever the reason.

In other news, I champed Mockingbird last season, and 4Carol, Mockingbird, Wasp have become my favorite SIM team that I've found. Mockingbird is a lot of fun to play, and a bit of a beast when the enemy gets epic cascades.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat the Nova crash with a 4/5/4 lvl 115 Nova on the first try with no boosts. LT got me a champ level for Coulson that bumped him to 280, and that LT got me another yellow for Lumbercap (0/1/2). Nova is pretty fun, I'm looking forward to having the iso to champ him someday (Strang3 is getting close to giving me a 14th cover, so it's been on my radar for a bit)
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I give you props for having so many around 200 or so. I had to drag several up from below 100 or the low 100s. Now I'm facing 2M+ for four fully covered 5*s at Level 255...
    Have I ever mentioned that I have no desire to move into 5* land? I find the ISO grind painful enough in 4*.. compounded a bit as I'm starting to max-champ 3* and am finding myself reluctant to sell any 266. I did do so for GSBW but Steve is next on the block and I can't quite seem to pull the trigger on him. Gotta get over myself.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I give you props for having so many around 200 or so. I had to drag several up from below 100 or the low 100s. Now I'm facing 2M+ for four fully covered 5*s at Level 255...
    Have I ever mentioned that I have no desire to move into 5* land? I find the ISO grind painful enough in 4*.. compounded a bit as I'm starting to max-champ 3* and am finding myself reluctant to sell any 266. I did do so for GSBW but Steve is next on the block and I can't quite seem to pull the trigger on him. Gotta get over myself.
    I'll admit it is a little intimidating right now, but I think once I'm caught up with the few I have fully covered and max out the ones I don't, it should be fairly easy to keep up with the release schedule, since they come roughly every six weeks. Hopefully that can happen by the end of summer. 

And I remember being in the same spot with my 266 3*s. I wanted to hold on to them while rechamping the dupes, but once I sold the first few, it got easier to sell them. There's only five characters in the tier I haven't started a dupe for yet, and that's because they haven't hit 257. I'm up to 26 dupes rechamped at this point, and I think I should be able to keep this crop at 266 while starting dupes next time. 

Honestly the thing that's bumming me out the most is that I'm running out of characters that will be hitting 266 soon. I've got a dozen that are at 257 or higher, then only five more at 236 or lower. It'll suck not getting that quick bump of 105K ISO.

• optimus2861
    Options
    How do you start a dupe before they reach 266 anyway? In the queue, the only button I ever see is "Add Level". I don't see how to roster them otherwise.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    How do you start a dupe before they reach 266 anyway? In the queue, the only button I ever see is "Add Level". I don't see how to roster them otherwise.
    If you're looking in your queue at a cover that's either available to train or can be added as a champ level, look in the top right corner. There's a little star there.

If you tap on that, a window pops up saying you've already recruited the character. Then it asks if you want to use the cover to train or add a champ level, or use it to recruit the character again. So long as you have a roster slot open or enough HP to buy one, you'll roster a dupe with that cover. 

I can probably guess what you're thinking, and no, it's not really all that obvious or intuitive. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of which, I just champed my first "2nd gen" 3*. Unsurprisingly, it's Steve :smile:

EDIT: Also, I just saw the Required characters for Wiccan's Shield Training. I've got two champed, and Miles is at 13 covers and I've got plenty of ISO for him!
    Excellent.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of which, I just champed my first "2nd gen" 3*. Unsurprisingly, it's Steve :smile:

EDIT: Also, I just saw the Required characters for Wiccan's Shield Training. I've got two champed, and Miles is at 13 covers and I've got plenty of ISO for him!
    Awesome! I have 2 champed also and Miles can reach 209 but not sure I have the iso myself. Enjoy the Wiccan cover, he looks pretty decent. :)
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    I know common advice is to keep the 266 champion 3* for PvP and just level up the dupe, but as I only dabble in PvP I prefer to sell the 266 and use the Iso from the sale to help defray the cost of championing the dupe. You don't get enough Iso to completely pay to champion the dupe, but it's not as painful as if you'd kept the 266 as well.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    I don't care enough about PVP to worry about having the 266 for that. I waved buh-bye to my 266 Steve today and champed his replacement. He looks so meagre down there at 170 now.

The only 266 I won't get rid of is Panther, to handle those 1v1 matches in Fight for Wakanda at 3500 ISO each. My 4* Panther is in no way ready for those yet.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Iso invested in higher tier characters is always a better investment as you will use those characters way more than lower tier ones.

That said, IF you can afford it...

- As a 4* player it's nice to have maxed 3s that can pair well with 4s.

- I do LR seeds and climb to 250 and feel I get less retals and can often net a Heroic token when I have a level 266 featured sitting there on defense.

- As mentioned, they are really nice to have when featured/essential.

- They also make nice iso banks in the event that you are in a severe iso crunch and need some purple rocks in a pinch.

My ultimate goal is to have a max-champ of every 2 and 3, and a dupe to cycle through and net rewards.  With the return of dilution and my reluctance to play the 5-game, this seems very possible.  I've had to sell my maxed 2s a few times over, but currently have 7/14 max-champed with a champed dupe (520k iso needed here).  For 3's I have 11/47 max-champed with a dupe (4.6m iso needed here).  I have 7 more between 260-266 so they are coming fast!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    today's best moment for me was realizing that with my 22 4* champs, I now have several competitive teams that don't have any overlapping characters that I could use to climb the simulator, so I did. One I particularly enjoyed was Thing/C4rol/Nico - those defense tiles get out of control so quickly. It's not an especially fast team, but it is a reliable team that was taking basically no damage unless Nico was getting hit by AoE or happened to be in front.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like saving my maxed 3*s in order to have the strongest possible for when they are required. Plus, after champing most of the 4* tier, the iso need for dupe 3*s feels like nothing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to climb early in a Lightning round that happened to overlap with my PvE grind - may as well hit it early and get what rewards I could before I got tied up in PvE. I decided to try out my newly champed Jessica Jones with Gambit. First i got the fabled eleven seed teams, taking me to 260 points. I realized such luck comes with a drawback - when I am a bit ahead of the pack I am more likely to get hit, and since I was tied up in PvE I wouldn't be able to retaliate or make up for lost points at the end. Oh well.
    ...I worried for nothing, because I was only hit once and got a defensive win. Got top 100. :)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a BH and my Valkyrie is now 4/4/4, which is always a delightful state of affairs.
    I'm about 6K ISO away from champing my ME Hulk, which will likely happen just hours before an extra cover of his expires.

If I have her final cover by the time I get the ISO together, Valkyrie will be my next champ. If not, Kate Bishop will be. I'm excited for both possible outcomes.