Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I stayed up past midnight harvesting retals in Double Jeopardy, and got what's probably going to remain my best moment of what is now, technically, today. The Event Token at 300 gave me a yellow Miles cover, bringing him to 4/4/4, and a bonus Thing green, bringing him to a total of 10 covers (i.e. Shield Training capable) with a nice 3/4/3 distribution. That was the best Event Token I've pulled in quite some time.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noticing a bunch of Switch/Deadpool teams in Tex Mex I decided to bring along Mockingbird to see if she could take advantage of some enemy match 4 action. It was lots of fun with free Whales raining down and bombshells exploding all over the place.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Briefly considered buying the 7000HP Drax/Nova Shield Training offer last week to champ my 5/4/3 Nova, but decided against it. Too pricey.

Then yesterday I saw that red Nova was coming to the HFH store for his Crash in a few days and figured, well, I might buy that! Better than 7000HP!

Then I pulled an unusable black Nova cover from the Spidey & Friends vault, so... great! When I champ him, I've got the LL token level!

Then TODAY, I saw the Tyrone & Tandy vault had a yellow Nova cover for 3750 to clear the whole vault. Much better value than waiting for the HFH store! So I cleared the vault to champ Nova. LL token gave a yellow Xavier cover, so now he is, I think, 2/5/4. 

TL;DR: Thanks to the Tyrone & Tandy vault, I got Nova champed, another Xavier cover, and a champ level on C&D (+ a ton of other stuff) for 3750 instead of JUST Nova champed and some other bits for 3600 in a few days. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

A 2* Storm cover dropped from a PvP match. The champion level happened to be a Heroic token. That Heroic token gave me America Chavez and a bonus Rogue. Rogue's champion level gave me an LT that gave... Well, a Punisher Max cover. I would have liked to end the chain with a fivestar pull, but still pretty awesome for a single twostar cover to become Three fourstar covers.

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Finally pulled a non-yellow Jubilee cover! I feel like I've been pulling and selling yellow covers for ages now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using a (base) lvl 278 C&D to test out my freshly champed and boosted Hulkbuster with SWitch in the C&D pvp, and punching faces directly to 900 without passing go was pretty fun. Hulkbuster’s animations are some of my favorites; now I just need a few more covers on Rulk, and I can do my Monster Health Pool simulator team of HB, Rulk, Main Event I’ve been wanting to do for so long.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the Colossus covers from The Hunt event gave me a Latest Legends token, which gave me the Okoye cover to enter the 5-star node for the event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova became my 65th and final classic 4* to be champed. I'm basically done with that tier for now. I've reached the summit, or am at least close enough that I feel I can declare victory! 

All that remains is a 5/5/2 Level 152 Howard the Duck, 3/2/2 Level 111 Iron Spider, and 2/2/5 Level 70 Blonde Widow (3/2/5 after I get 2K in Sim). But with the return of dilution, it will probably be awhile before they're finished.

Now to start the long, arduous task of climbing Mount Five Star...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    Nova became my 65th and final classic 4* to be champed. I'm basically done with that tier for now. I've reached the summit, or am at least close enough that I feel I can declare victory! 

All that remains is a 5/5/2 Level 152 Howard the Duck, 3/2/2 Level 111 Iron Spider, and 2/2/5 Level 70 Blonde Widow (3/2/5 after I get 2K in Sim). But with the return of dilution, it will probably be awhile before they're finished.

You have a fully covered Gambit.
    You already won the game.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using Lockjaw and Howard the Duck in the Devil Dinosaur required node, just so I could play the all non-humanoid team.
  • Quebbster
    Using Lockjaw and Howard the Duck in the Devil Dinosaur required node, just so I could play the all non-humanoid team.
    No Rocket and Groot?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    No Rocket and Groot?
    Rocket, Groot, and howard are all humanoid, just not human.
  • DarthDeVo
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:

You have a fully covered Gambit.
    You already won the game.
    Yes, since February when Ghost Rider kicked him out of Latest. 

I might even champ him one of these days. It probably would have happened already if I hadn't pulled so many GR covers when I was trying to cover Archangel before he was booted to the Classics abyss. 

As it stands, I'll probably champ Jessica Jones next, then Gambit, then Thor, but I haven't fully made up my mind on that order yet. 

On an unrelated note, can anyone spare a cool 2 million ISO? I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some ISO today. 
  • Quebbster

I managed to get top 5 in The Hunt, that's a first for me. I managed to grind optimally and at the right time for once - otherwise I Always start too early, or too late, or get distracted by real Life... but this time Everything worked out.

I suppose having a 5 cover Okoye (all yellow covers because RNG can be cruel) gave me a leg up so I don't expect to perform like this consistently, but it was nice to excel for once.

• Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Cashed in 50 CP yesterday and got an Okoye red cover and LumberCap yellow cover!!  WOOHOO!!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a green 5* Dr Octopus (0/0/2) yesterday out of classics (where all my cp goes now that odds are flat - need to maximize my draw quantity I feel over my draw quality). This morning a standard token bonus Mohawk Storm put her at 261, and that CP got me another classic draw. This one was Thano5 bringing him to 3/0/2. today's Dr. Strang3 cover from DDQ was good for an LT, which got me the first "latest" 4* cover I've pulled since the odds went flat (probably pulled 10-13 legendaries in that time, all have been characters I'd have considered Vintage before this with the exception of Okoye), a black cover for BW:IW (2/1/3). I would have much preferred a Bl4ck P4nther to Bl4ck Widow, but it already felt like "whoah, a latest!" lol
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Knocked out this season's shield simulator in 1 day!

Usually I hit the seeds right at the beginning of the season then peck away at it from time to time before making a final push to finish. This season I was busy at the beginning and just hadn't bothered yet. 

Yesterday I had some quiet time and finally started on sim. I got all the way past 1700 in 1 sitting before having some stuff to do and needing to be ready for the end of The Hunt and start of Hearts of darkness.

After all that I had some time before bed and had only been attacked twice in sim so decided to try to finish hit.
    Cruised through finding all decent point value targets and not suffering any losses.

Woke up today with my score down to 1626, but whatevs. Only have to hit 2k once.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I drew my 13th Yondu cover from a Heroic token (5/5/3), and the first 3* R&G cover from HoD progression bumped him (them) to 265, yielding my 11th Drax (2/5/4).

Man the ISO I could use ... 238 Thing, 12 covers; 209 Mockingbird, 12 covers; 209 Cho, 12; 200 Prof X, 13; 200 Ant-Man, 12; 190 Moon Knight, 13; 190 War Machine, 13; 180 Lockjaw, 13; 150 Yondu, 13... weeks and weeks and weeks...
  • DarthDeVo
    edited June 2018
    I drew my 13th Yondu cover from a Heroic token (5/5/3), and the first 3* R&G cover from HoD progression bumped him (them) to 265, yielding my 11th Drax (2/5/4).

Man the ISO I could use ... 238 Thing, 12 covers; 209 Mockingbird, 12 covers; 209 Cho, 12; 200 Prof X, 13; 200 Ant-Man, 12; 190 Moon Knight, 13; 190 War Machine, 13; 180 Lockjaw, 13; 150 Yondu, 13... weeks and weeks and weeks...
    I give you props for having so many around 200 or so. I had to drag several up from below 100 or the low 100s. Now I'm facing 2M+ for four fully covered 5*s at Level 255...