Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My son's team of Nightcrawler, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver going BAMFinite and taking out all three bosses in the Sinister Six fight.  Sure, it was only LVL 4, but that was a LOT of purple that got used up.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been mistiming my clears for the past few PVEs and I've missed out on T10.  Anyway, I was a little behind when I started my end clears and in fact, I barely finished my last node before time ran out (I think I didn't even get to clear a 7th time).  I was steeling myself for T11 or 12 but look at that, T9.  This gave me a purple and green Rulk, finally giving me the covers to champ it and get a LL token to boot.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My life is very busy now and the last time I cracked into the top 50 in a PVE event was a month ago. But today I ended up grabbing a top 10 in Webbed Wonder and It certainly was my best MPQ moment of the day.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Going in to my Black Vortex pvp and seeing a retal node consisting of champ Howard, champ Thano5, champ Kraven worth 64 points. I don't know who you are, mystery hero fielding that team, but it made my day to see such a buck wild combination lol. Vulture/Sandman/G4mora wasn't overly impressed with it's defensive capabilities lol. Also I managed to hit 900 in there before it ended and get a 12th cover for Nova, with a mid-250s dr strang3 getting ready to hit me with a 13th i can use.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going in to my Black Vortex pvp and seeing a retal node consisting of champ Howard, champ Thano5, champ Kraven worth 64 points. I don't know who you are, mystery hero fielding that team, but it made my day to see such a buck wild combination lol. Vulture/Sandman/G4mora wasn't overly impressed with it's defensive capabilities lol

Someone used you to set up a grill. You are officially a seal.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Quebbster said:

• Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Basically, when your score gets high enough that there aren't many targets with a similar score and roster strength MMR breaks down and you get matched with much weaker teams. Those are "seals" since you can just club them. :)

Anyway, seals are commonly used to set up grills - weak teams high level players intentionally use just Before shielding in order to give all their buddies an easy fight Worth good Points.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I don't know that I would say "MMR breaks down," I'm pretty sure "MMR feeds me to people who can knock me down by design to entice me to spend on shields/health," but thank you for that terminology clarification.
  • Quebbster
    Options

So... I am not quite sure what happened... I started a fight against round 8 Doc Ock in Sinister Six with GladiaThor, MEHulk and Chavez. The usual early rounds shenanigans ensued and suddenly Ock was stunned and his tentacles removed. I guess maybe a match-4 removed the Reactor tile? Does that work?

At any rate, I had more than enough AP to finish off first Ock and then Venom without giving him a chance to go invisible. Quite awesome.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    yeah, you can destroy/overwrite those tiles with things like Gambit's purple or Vulture's blue, or as you did with a match-4 line clear. A bunch of characters have come out since Sinister 6 that kind of trivialize the boss conditions i find.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the last few weeks, every time CS has responded to a swap request on the unusable JJ reds I've been pulling, I've pulled another right after their reaponse.

Didn't happen yesterday, so I thought the streak was over. My first pull this morning: JJ red.

So in theory I should be pulling her 10th red (and 13th cover) in like 4 days.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shielded at just under 900 in Black Vortex PVP. Next time I opened the game, I found myself having reached 900 thanks to a defensive win. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hit 1000 in pvp for the first time!

Getting through the 800s was very difficult, but then things went smooth until 997. At that point I shielded out and hoped a defensive win would get me 3 points. Unfortunately my only defensive win only yielded 1 point.

Luckily I had also queued up a 2* team worth 5 points. Normally a team like this wouldn't be worth hitting, let alone breaking shield for, but when you only need 2 points... so I broke shield with under 2 mins to go, beat up the undeserving lowbie, and finished with just over 1000 points.

This also got me 25th place which gave added bonuses. The 3 Black Panther covers took my 263 to max, and 2 of the 3 elites gave me 3*s.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got LumberCap red cover from the Sinister Six alliance LT!!! 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Barely winning a LVL 7 Sinister Six round thanks to Nightcrawler's passive.  He takes no damage from Sandman's Pummel, which is more than I can say for his two teammates who went down after the third cast.  With 40 health left, Nightcrawler fired off his blue to take out Sandman, who had enough yellow to try to Pummel Nightcrawler once more.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CoT got me a purple Kate Bishop, and now she is finally at 13 covers. For the longest time I could only pull her blue covers and had her at 5/0/0. Eventually it switched to only pulling her black covers, and she was at 5/5/0. The two purple covers I eventually got were from the S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply and a progression reward, I believe. This is the first purple I've ever pulled. Had I gotten a more even distribution and not had to sell so many blues and blacks, she'd easily be at champ lvl 290 by now.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited June 2018
    Options
    champed hulkbuster last night to save the one i had on the vine, and had 4 2*s ready to flip, so now i just need 1 more cover of 2* torch to flip him and have enough iso to champ Chavez and save the 4 covers i have on the vine for her. Also got a purple lumbercap today. 
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Daily reward was a 5-star Strange Blue, which means I have my first champ level on a 5-star.