Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Well, I finally took the plunge and invested some ISO into a 5-star. After getting 2 more covers for my (now) 4/4/3 Peter Parker out of the special Okoye vault, I raised him to level 350 (and set him as my Bonus Hero in preparation for burning the hoard once Chrome Rider leaves). This is a big step for me, as he is the first 5-star to be leveled past 270 on my roster.

In case you didn't know, Spider-Man is my favorite. So having a near max-covered 5-star Spidey be my roughest toughest hero puts a big smile on my face. :smiley:

I had to take him for a spin right away, of course. So I partnered him with Vulture and Miles and went into the SHIELD Sim. Spidey performed like a Ferrari! That green of his is bad to the bone.

Then I went and did some clears in Venom Bomb (where Spidey is boosted) and destroyed so many symbiotes I lost count.
    5pidey was the impetus for my own switch from Classic to Latest LTs back when he was in Latest. He's not my favorite Marvel hero, but he's the one who got me off the stick and prompted my transition to actively trying to complete 5*.

So much fun when boosted.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Elite token got me an Ares. Ares champ reward got me a Heroic Token. Heroic token got me a Rogue. Rogue champ reward got me a Legendary Token. LT got me a Shuri, one of my three most-wanted 4* characters at the moment.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My son's Nightcrawler was 5/2/5 with a cover on the vine.  The latest Heroes For Hire comes up, and the Nightcrawler cover he needs is one of the offers for 3600 HP.  Just a few clicks later, and BOOM! (or BAMF?) he has his first champed 4-star.  The cover on the vine gave him an LT which translated into his first red Medusa cover (4/1/1) and a bonus blue Hulkbuster Cover (5/1/5)
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champed my 4th 4* in the last two weeks bringing me up to 17 total. Shuri is also at 4/4/4 😁
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled a JJ red with a bonus Captain Aclerica red. That's my third, possibly 4th, 5* BH.

It's my 8th red for JJ, so I gotta poke CS (fourth time in the last like ten days I've had to bug 'em for a swap heh), but it'll get her up to 10 covers.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, during the recent Galactus Hungers event, I cashed in 50 CP trying to get Okoye but failed.  Got the progression token and viola... Okoye black cover.  On top of that, the alliance token from finishing round 8 gave me a 5* Black Panther black cover to bring him up to 13 covers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was really burned out playing over the weekend, so i didn't start the Angel PVP until about 5hrs prior to the first end time coming to a close. With Vulture/Yondu boosted, i walked right up to 900 in one push off of a mostly dead Vulture, and Yondu leaning real hard on his heal. I popped an 8hr shield at the end to see if I could hang on to t50 placement (the top 10 were all above 1500pts, with the t4 all above 1900pts...guess y'all want those infinity stones), but i guess i was still in somebody's queue because i immediately lost about 43 points. I ended up 71st, but I really just wanted the Mr F from progression anyway. Now he's 2/2/2
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love making one match in The Big Enchilada (DDQ wave node) with Grocket + Gamora + Thanos and then winning off a cascade.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Well, I finally took the plunge and invested some ISO into a 5-star. After getting 2 more covers for my (now) 4/4/3 Peter Parker out of the special Okoye vault, I raised him to level 350 (and set him as my Bonus Hero in preparation for burning the hoard once Chrome Rider leaves). This is a big step for me, as he is the first 5-star to be leveled past 270 on my roster.

In case you didn't know, Spider-Man is my favorite. So having a near max-covered 5-star Spidey be my roughest toughest hero puts a big smile on my face. :smiley:

I had to take him for a spin right away, of course. So I partnered him with Vulture and Miles and went into the SHIELD Sim. Spidey performed like a Ferrari! That green of his is bad to the bone.

Then I went and did some clears in Venom Bomb (where Spidey is boosted) and destroyed so many symbiotes I lost count.

I had Parker, Thanos, Surfer, Phoenix, Starlord, Goblin, Thor and RR all fully covered from the 5* tier and took the dive on champing Parker since him and Vulture sounded like a good team (didn't wanna champ more and fully move into the 5* tier until I had Gambit as an option) and man are they amazing together! I was struggling with the 5* nodes which is why I wanted to champ somebody and they're a wrecking crew.  I know he's not the best 5* out there but for transitioning, he's a great start and seems to be pretty underrated.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had nothing but 2 stars from my tokens and tacos this morning, but the additional levels to my champs got me a final level for a 3 star, which netted me a Latest Legends, and that got me...  my first LumberCap cover!  Much needed!  I also spent 20 CP to get a Classic, and got a Bonus Hero!  Everythings coming up Lambada!

• dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Won crash of the titans for just the 2nd time.  1st time was with a champion Riri, this time with Cage at 3/3/1.  Got a yellow Valkyrie from the Token.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    Vulture sounded like a good team and man are they amazing together! I was struggling with the 5* nodes which is why I wanted to champ somebody and they're a wrecking crew. 
    Yeah, they're really fun. I've been swapping out Miles and putting in Cloak & Dagger so I can get Vulture Airborne that much quicker on slow black boards. Once Peter is full of blue and green, it's game over.
  • Huntah86
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Huntah86 said:
    Vulture sounded like a good team and man are they amazing together! I was struggling with the 5* nodes which is why I wanted to champ somebody and they're a wrecking crew. 
    Yeah, they're really fun. I've been swapping out Miles and putting in Cloak & Dagger so I can get Vulture Airborne that much quicker on slow black boards. Once Peter is full of blue and green, it's game over.

My go to PVE team right now is typically 4* SL, Vulture and Parker. That makes Parkers green only cost 8 AP and his red only 5 AP, it's a blast! I've got a 4* Milano support on SL too which gives me a 1/3 chance to start with 3 black AP for added fun!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huntah86 said:

I had Parker, Thanos, Surfer, Phoenix, Starlord, Goblin, Thor and RR all fully covered from the 5* tier and took the dive on champing Parker since him and Vulture sounded like a good team (didn't wanna champ more and fully move into the 5* tier until I had Gambit as an option) and man are they amazing together! I was struggling with the 5* nodes which is why I wanted to champ somebody and they're a wrecking crew.  I know he's not the best 5* out there but for transitioning, he's a great start and seems to be pretty underrated.
    Parker isn’t underrated. He has a strong kit and a lot of power. But when dealing with the meta, it’s:
    1. Gambit
    2. Passives that accelerate Gambit (especially Thor and Black Bolt)
    3. 4*s that can back up Gambit (Chavez, Rogue, and... um, Chavez. Maybe Vulture?)
    4. Court Death with anyone
    5. Panthos
    6. Strong 5*s like Parker

I might be missing something there before the “other strong 5*s” part, but pre-Gambit, I thought of him as an excellent starter 5 since his best team is Vulture and Miles Morales.
  • Huntah86
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Huntah86 said:

Parker isn’t underrated. He has a strong kit and a lot of power. But when dealing with the meta, it’s:
    1. Gambit
    2. Passives that accelerate Gambit (especially Thor and Black Bolt)
    3. 4*s that can back up Gambit (Chavez, Rogue, and... um, Chavez. Maybe Vulture?)
    4. Court Death with anyone
    5. Panthos
    6. Strong 5*s like Parker

I might be missing something there before the “other strong 5*s” part, but pre-Gambit, I thought of him as an excellent starter 5 since his best team is Vulture and Miles Morales.
    When I say underrated I just meant as a character in his own right. You're absolutely right that first and foremost it's Gambit and anybody who helps Gambit is the Meta pretty much.  But I just meant when you look at Parker on his own he has a solid kit but is seemingly never mentioned for better or worse. For instance, Panthos is obviously better than pretty much any Parker team you could make but I'd say Parker is better than Thanos on his own and better than Panther on his own.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopped into a bracket right when S4 started for Meet R&G, and ended up in one with only 60-some people so far. That's better than most of the times I've actually tried to bracket snipe!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Opened my 10 packs and got three 4* and seven 2*. I think I'm happy with this.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options

Three years down.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tee said:

Three years down.
    Just hit the four year anniversary today. Another parade of dancing Dinos. The Strange cover was nice since he was the only fivestar I didn't have rostered. Now I will never be locked out of a fivestar node again.