Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve Rogers was my first maxchamped threestar too, and his replacement is the highest level of the second generation (though a glut of Patch covers lately means he is not far behind).
    Of course, having a twostar feeder gives a leg up on the competition if you farm it.

On the topic of not getting certain colors... I think my replacement Iron Fist had 15 black and purple covers on the vine before I pulled a third green. I put him as my bonus hero when he hit 1/2/6, but black was definitely overrepresented.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the Exiles vault, I saved my 2 progression tokens until the vault expired since I had already pulled the Peggy Carter and wanted better odds of a 4*. Both of them turned into Peggy Carter covers! (Now I'm curious if that was coincidence or a bug and what would have happened if I had the availability to get to the third token).
  • Quebbster
    ZeiramMR said:
    In the Exiles vault, I saved my 2 progression tokens until the vault expired since I had already pulled the Peggy Carter and wanted better odds of a 4*. Both of them turned into Peggy Carter covers! (Now I'm curious if that was coincidence or a bug and what would have happened if I had the availability to get to the third token).
    You got very very lucky. An expired vault doesn't deplete when you pull from it, so you had one chance in 47 to get a Peggy Carter cover with each pull. Getting them both... That is one chance in 2209.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Well I didn't have Captain America (Infinity war) for this story event. I desperately needed it so decided to pull my only latest legends token and got it! Was able then to get big lump of red iso8 and maybe later also full progression :)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had 300 Taco tokens at the start of the day, and started pulling the ones I got today so I would stay at 300.  The second one I pulled gave me the Legendary Token, which ended up as a Green Ghost Rider.  Looks like I'll be keeping the rest of them for the next five days.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got Mordo champed. Getting that last cover out of my queue leaves it completely empty once again! Also, the LT gave me my first green cover for Reyes, so he now has at least one in each colour.

Max champed my second 3*, too. Probably a bit more surprising: Ragnarok. I had him as my 3* bonus hero for quite a while when I was chasing X-23, so he racked up a ton of levels then, and then he vaulted ahead of a couple of others with all the covers I got from placement in Unstable ISO-8.
  • Quebbster

Managed a Close-to-optimal end grind in Unstable ISO and ended up in the top 10 after hovering just outside of it for most of the event. :)

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a mere 4 tokens from the ISO-8 vault.

Pull #3: Legendary token.
    Pull #4: Peggy Carter.

Booyah.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've had a 3/4/5 Shuri for a little bit, lvl 86. I got a 6th red over the weekend, and rather than have to hastily try and bonus hero my way to one i could save, I took a look and realized I could just...progress in the next story to get there, leaving me to just stack Iso for the next week and change.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Chasing the unicorn: Peggy. She was my first effort to cover a 4*, and one that failed and got her put on ice (or in ice... yaknow).

Until recently. The Exiles vault offered the last cover needed to complete her, at a small enough vault size and decent (100HP) cost per pull.

33 pulls later, an hour to expiration, on the last of my HP, having sold the 2* farm and a 3* maxchamp--Peggy Red arrives!

Along the way tokens delivered a Peggy yellow cover on the vine (how's that for salt?) to go with the yellow event cover. 

Welcome home, Captain America.

--Khanwulf
  • ZeiramMR
    Quebbster said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    You got very very lucky. An expired vault doesn't deplete when you pull from it, so you had one chance in 47 to get a Peggy Carter cover with each pull. Getting them both... That is one chance in 2209.
    Yeah, I know how expired vaults normally work which is why I saved the two tokens. I only wondered if there might be a bug since this vault has such an unusual size. But totally know this is much more likely an issue of confirmation bias than a bug.
  • ZeiramMR
    I've had a 3/4/5 Shuri for a little bit, lvl 86. I got a 6th red over the weekend, and rather than have to hastily try and bonus hero my way to one i could save, I took a look and realized I could just...progress in the next story to get there, leaving me to just stack Iso for the next week and change.
    I am happily in the same boat. My Shuri is 5/2/5 with a Red expiring in 8 days. Progression should get me the green I need without trying to push for a Top 20 in Wakanda.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2018
    ZeiramMR said:
    I am happily in the same boat. My Shuri is 5/2/5 with a Red expiring in 8 days. Progression should get me the green I need without trying to push for a Top 20 in Wakanda.
    I've been pretty hype to start using Shuri actually; I'm curious if she is going to be as good as I hope she is. I had similarly high hopes for Nico, who isn't not good per se, but unboosted hasn't quite been the game changer I was expecting her to be. My P4nther is still 2/3/3 (thanks, RNG), so I'm wondering how well she'll pair with say Main Event Hulk and Mockingbird. There is more color overlap there than I'd like, but I think it could be pretty comical once it gets moving and Hulk's powers are cheaper/free depending on mockingbird's nonsense, and all those shields start getting going.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Got top 10 in unstable iso-8, which was a surprise because I performed really poorly for this event. I did 4 clears for the 1st sub 3 hours late instead of the usual 4+3, started a few hours late on the second sub (4+3), and did my normal clearing as soon as the sub is opened for the rest of the sub. I was playing in SCL 6 and the top 5 was filled with championed 4* and 5* players. What? :s
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Realizing *before* I cast it that 5-star Thor's Smoldering Fire (which makes a very hefty protect tile each turn) would be a really, really bad thing to cast in the Royal Palace.  Sometimes, the best thing you do is something you don't.
  • Quebbster
    Realizing *before* I cast it that 5-star Thor's Smoldering Fire (which makes a very hefty protect tile each turn) would be a really, really bad thing to cast in the Royal Palace.  Sometimes, the best thing you do is something you don't.

On the other hand, double casting it and turning all your protect tiles into strike tiles could be very useful.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2018
    Quebbster said:

On the other hand, double casting it and turning all your protect tiles into strike tiles could be very useful.
    You don't even have to double cast it; if you match it away it does the same thing. I've been using the poor-man's version of that by taking my newly champed Loki into those fights with Nico - not the fastest clear team at SCL 9 (what a mistake lol), but it's pretty reliable. 

For my own moment: I'm still chasing a cover for Lumbercap, and the game continues to shower me with Gho5t Rider instead. My GR:RR is up to 4/1/2 just from pulling as I go. He's now my highest covered 5*, though I haven't thrown any iso at him. At first I was all "oh, 7 covers, i could make that up in post once they announce a feeder" but then I realized I couldn't with the current spread. I need at least one more on one of his other two covers to do it. I wonder who is going to feed him? Johnny Blaze makes some sense, but I guess if they go with Agents of Shield it could be Coulson or Quake?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    I finally unlocked Captain America yesterday (I decided from the beginning to not spend any money so I passed on the new players "bundle") and I'm just focusing on leveling him up in order to replace Drax (mainly for alliance "boss events" since Drax still works fine in "pvp related content").

I had enough "iso" to level him up to 50 and slapped some tier 7 "supports" and is already making a difference. Just waiting for the devs to release a Black Widow pvp, only 50 more covers to get her!

Can't wait for the update tomorrow.

EDIT: From your second post I assume you missed the turn and ended up in the MPQ section instead of the MtG one :D
    Welcome either way.

//Merged From Accidental MTGPQ Post In MPQ Section -Brigby
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Opened my season 10-pack today.

Three 3-stars (Cap, Groot, Electra)
    Two 4-stars (Rogue, Groot)

...and one bonus hero Shuri  o:)
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Got the HFH offer (3600HP) for Valkyrie to save my SIX yellow covers in queue.